blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde poker 2012 advent calendar
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde poker 2012 advent calendar  (Read 112605 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #675 on: December 24, 2012, 11:00:36 AM »

Great final addition and great advent calendar once again Rich. Dictatorship judged advent calendars FTW.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 24, 2012, 11:07:13 AM »

Great choice. If this is to be the final advent calendar entry I think we finished on a good'un Smiley

Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together Tighty. Seriously tough to be humorous, kind and patient for such a sustained period of time i'm sure...I certainly couldn't do it.

Merry Christmas to all Blondes.

Allez!!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: December 24, 2012, 11:09:36 AM »

Top bloke, always super friendly and vivacious. Glad to see him doing so well.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: December 24, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »

Great bloke, terrible jokes Cheesy

Perfect choice for the calendar. I don't know Tim well, but have sat at the table with him a fair few times and he's always good value. Even with his terrible jokes Wink.

One such time was in the last UKIPT event at DTD. Towards the end of day 1,and Tim is down to about 20 BBs. He's in seat one and seat 9 is the other player in the hand. Tim shoves on the flop and the other player has a decision on his hands. The dealer (who no longer works at DTD) is holding the deck whilst talking and waving her hands around and manages to drop the entire deck face up on the table. She then sits there for a while before collecting all the cards and calling the floor. Of course, during that time the player with the decision has been able to see most of the remaining cards in the deck giving him some help as to what Tim hasn't got in his hand.

When the floor arrives he rules that the hand must continue with the deck reshuffled before the turn and river are dealt (if the player calls). Call he does, and his top pair is good and Tim is knocked out of the comp.

He congratulates the other player, wishes us all good luck and doesn't moan about the dealer or his luck. When I spoke to him later he said that he's come through a far worse bad beat and is just happy to be able to play. Which he does with a smile and a joke.

Puts the game into perspective really.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 24, 2012, 11:11:45 AM »

Absolutely brilliant, love it, love it and another selection that proves dictatorship is healthy.

The man is a legend, very funny, humble, generous and an absolute inspiration this year. I loved playing with him at Luton this year, was what poker should be about - we had great fun, that's what the game should be - I am guilty of often forgetting that.  Met Hazel properly at Luton as well, she's a worthy joint winner Smiley - lovely lady.

Happy Christmas Tim and Hazel, Tighty and everyone on blonde.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 24, 2012, 11:28:10 AM »

would loved to have kicked his stick away a few times, but he is always a pleasure to have at the table, Great humour, remarkable prescence at the table, and plays with a cheeky smile. Save the best to last Tighty. Merry Xmas Blondes

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 24, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »

I had only known of Tim through blonde and mostly the updates. At the Notts UKIPT I shared a table with Tim on day 1. My words to Tighty on passing were......................"sharing a table with Tim Blake is worth the entry fee itself"

Added to that, Hazel was always lurking, keeping him in line and the banter was second to none.

Congrats Tim and best wishes to you and yours for the future.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 24, 2012, 12:39:54 PM »

Great choice. If this is to be the final advent calendar entry I think we finished on a good'un Smiley

Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together Tighty. Seriously tough to be humorous, kind and patient for such a sustained period of time i'm sure...I certainly couldn't do it.

Very much this.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: December 24, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »

wow Blakey is the father in law i hope i can get in a few years, great banter and real good bloke. Love the banter he has with his missus who ive met who is a great laugh. The main decider when looking for live tournies to play is whether people like Tim will be playing it. Half an hour in his company really leaves you feeling more wealthy than 30 minutes ago. Merry xmas To the Blake's!!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 24, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »

wow Blakey is the father in law i hope i can get in a few years, great banter and real good bloke. Love the banter he has with his missus who ive met who is a great laugh. The main decider when looking for live tournies to play is whether people like Tim will be playing it. Half an hour in his company really leaves you feeling more wealthy than 30 minutes ago. Merry xmas To the Blake's!!
whats his daughter look like Trigg?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: December 24, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »

Hopefully, nothing like Tim...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 24, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »

+another

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 24, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »

I first met Tim in a £500 deep stack. He was entertaining, charming, hillariously funny and an absolutely massive nit as he loves to point out.

Since his 'accident', he hasn't changed in the slightest. There still sits the same guy that did before. Except he now has a stick to threaten everyone with Cheesy.

"Judge yourself not by peoples opinion of you, but by the number of people that judge themselves by you".

Merry Christmas
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 24, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »

+another

Never met him, but another great entry.  I have really enjoyed both calendars and it would be a real shame to end this.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: December 24, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »

apparently she is taken Sad
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: