blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker Software?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Software?  (Read 2218 times)
rylanclarke

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

C-bet stats are pretty useful as well even as a beginner
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »

...and definitely don't focus too heavily on the stats of the player if you haven't played a substantial number of hands with them.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Kipper McFish

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »

...and definitely don't focus too heavily on the stats of the player if you haven't played a substantial number of hands with them.
+1

Also reviewing your sessions and making notes, if you're anything like me, will make a huge difference to your game. It's a fantastic habit to get into.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33:06 PM »

After spending nearly an hour studying the stats its very clear that I lose far to many pots protecting the SB and the BB!!

Game needs some serious looking at!!

GENERAL PREFLOP Hold em 6 max

VERY High VPIP:345 / 880 for 39.2%(avg 21.1%)

Normal PFR:149 / 880 for 16.9%(avg 16.1%)

VERY High 3Bet:32 / 284 for 11.3%(avg 6.3%)

High Squeeze:4 / 53 for 7.5%(avg 2.8%)

This software is very interesting!!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 11:36:13 PM »

+1

Also reviewing your sessions and making notes, if you're anything like me, will make a huge difference to your game. It's a fantastic habit to get into.

You absolutely cannot underestimate the work you need to put in with HEM (1 or 2) in order to get your moneys worth. I try to spend 1 hour for every 6 playing.. I currently dont quite meet this but I did do a full day analysing hands and my own play recently and found it really helpful trying to spot some spots I get myself into a lot.

All if the software on offer is only as powerful as the effort you put in to learning how to use it.

I use HEM2, TN, NC, pokerstove, pokerstrategy.com equiplab, and YouTube for the music!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »

+1

You absolutely cannot underestimate the work you need to put in with HEM (1 or 2) in order to get your moneys worth. I try to spend 1 hour for every 6 playing.. I currently dont quite meet this but I did do a full day analysing hands and my own play recently and found it really helpful trying to spot some spots I get myself into a lot.

All if the software on offer is only as powerful as the effort you put in to learning how to use it.

I use HEM2, TN, NC, pokerstove, pokerstrategy.com equiplab, and YouTube for the music!

do you OPR/PTR whilst in play John ?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
rylanclarke

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »

After spending nearly an hour studying the stats its very clear that I lose far to many pots protecting the SB and the BB!!

Game needs some serious looking at!!

GENERAL PREFLOP Hold em 6 max

VERY High VPIP:345 / 880 for 39.2%(avg 21.1%)

Normal PFR:149 / 880 for 16.9%(avg 16.1%)

VERY High 3Bet:32 / 284 for 11.3%(avg 6.3%)

High Squeeze:4 / 53 for 7.5%(avg 2.8%)

This software is very interesting!!
IMO You lose too many pots in these positions purely because you are playing too many pots in these positions! Granted 880 is a really small sample but a VPIP of >35% is a bit on the fishy side! However as 2/6 hands are in the blinds its natural for this Stat to be higher than a full ring player. (pretty sure HEM2 has a feature where you can get the figures to automatically adjust between 6max and full ring.)

Its such a common leak for players to lose excessive pots from the blinds so I wouldn't worry about it too much! Just try and make a conscious effort to narrow your range in the blinds and play the spots more aggresively and you'll be VPIP < 30% by the time you have played another 1000 hands.

Can not possibly emphasise how much HEM can develop your game though, just try not be results orientated until you have a proper sample!
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »

This could be a complete game changer, at first I thought it was a bit expensive but I think within the first few weeks it will pay for itself.

Its one of those things that I am going to have to invest it at some point so why not sooner rather than later!! Wink
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »

This could be a complete game changer, at first I thought it was a bit expensive but I think within the first few weeks it will pay for itself.

Its one of those things that I am going to have to invest it at some point so why not sooner rather than later!! Wink

You'll look back in 6 months and think, what the hell was I doing! =] Money well spent!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: