blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:05:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD  (Read 55871 times)
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »

If I knew romanello brought a crazy poker coach I would of come and so would loads of others, read some big names were there, should of said before! Wink

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »

Played a 25 after my exit from the 100 and a fella sat at my table was openly telling the table how he was planning to buy 2friends into the lower levels and play the top tier himself and collude with them.

This did strike me as somewhat ridiculous for the following reasons:

1 saying it on the table, just lol

2 mentioning the actual names of the players he'd be buying in

3 assuming he'd actually be sat with the same 2 people ling enough to be able to collude without getting spotted by other players/dealers/floor etc

4 lol

lol I hope you had a quiet word in the ear of the td to keep an eye out for those names when MPP begins.

Not being funny but dodgy betting and plays happen everytime I'm there between friends but not much can be done can it lol

Yes, but it's more of an issue when chips have different monetary values, as they do in the MPP.  I'm sure DTD will be policing it vigilantly though, and it'd probably be more of an issue at higher buy-ins.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »

last hour of the night 3k flips on Dc table, Rob ran well, nice bunch of Welsh guys, loved a gamble and all had fun.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »

Played this last night and finished 32nd I think.  First live tourney in months and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Felt seriously out of my depth especially with Simon Deadman on my left at the start.  I bought in for £25 and the tourney went smoothly as normal.

The best thing for me was to play against quality players and just to watch their actions and try to understand why etc etc.  I felt I learned a lot, mainly playing too many hands.

It was satisfying when my AK beat Roberto Romanello's QQ (king on the river) to double me up.

Was busy last night and everything seemed to go smoothly with Simon Trumper keeping us informed over the mic on payouts etc.
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2013, 04:21:04 PM »

Hi Guys

For those of you who missed last night's MPP action....see the breakdown of how results were split across the 3 buy in's!

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=7&id=391

Hope to see a few of you next Thursday Smiley

We knew a few poker celebs were heading down but didnt announce it as the queue would have reached the cinema over the road!!!!

Cheers Nicola

blueace

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:01 PM »

Was nice to see such a busy turnout for a Thursday. Cash games rammed as a result. Can't really fault the tournament overall, seems to have worked nicely. If I were to gripe for me I felt that the 10k stack and lack of re-entry didn't give enough play. I guess I'll have to learn to nit up a bit if i'm going to play it regularly. Interesting to see the 100's doing so well. I think there was a noticeable difference between the buy in levels, and wouldn't be surprised if the pattern continues.

What time did the comp finish?  Surely 10K is enough for an evening comp with the structure it has?  Also, DTD needs to get their money back from tournaments (that are run pretty much as loss-leaders to attract people into the club to play cash, play the pit games, and buy food/drink) - so having re-entry isn't really in anyone's interest.

Probably comparing it with the old Thursday offering of 50 +1 which allowed a laggy player to get involved more.  Not wanting changes just pointing out my personal perspective - more play = more fun.  I'm obv aware of the need to generate non torn money into the club, and will always do my bit whether that be spending dosh in club or defending the club when I hear moaners re long breaks, coffee prices, rake, etc, etc.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »

Pretty happy with how this trial went, like us trying new concepts, some will and have failed miserably but this idea of Roberto's has some legs, cant argue with a £10K prizepool on a cold Thursday night in Nottingham. Simon is planning to try £50-£100-£200 1 day event, £30,000 GTE on a Saturday pretty soon. Thank you to everyone that supported this. Cheers Rob
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2013, 03:56:05 PM »

So if a £100 player wins outright they can scoop like £7k? Is this right?

Right what happened on the bubbles? Any info? Or just chaos?

Do the screens show 3 payouts etc...?

It's all about the software I reckon.

We went hand for hand on P1 then P2 and P3 are monitored without stopping.

The P1 screen showed total players, chips and average, P2 and P3 screens showed number of players in each, how many remaining, how many places paid. All had clock, levels, breaks.

Each clock was a different colour matching the players cards.

Here are a few figures ....

All 177 players were in P1 boosted prizepool 1 alone to £4,425.  P2 held a £25 investment from P2 and P3 so the 111 players had a prizepool 2 total of £2,775. The 64 P3 players had a separate investment of £50 in Prize pool 3 therefore only these players were playing for an additional £3,200.

The guarantee was £5000 but total prizepools exceeded £10,000 with first places as follows, P1 £1192, P2 £824 and P3 £1024.

A normal Thursday night £25 is guaranteed at £1000 and gets 60 players resulting in a £450 first place so now a P1 entry could get almost £750 more, a P2 if they won the whole event would get £2016, approx double the standard return for a £50 comp while the P3 could and did win £3040, 30 x their £100 buy in.

The bubbles came at 25 for P1, 21 for P2 and 18 for P3.

Final 8 comprised of 3 x P1, 1 x P2 and 3 x P3

Mnimum payout for 8th  on final table : P1 £132, P2 £220, P3 £366

Cheers

ACES

Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »

Sounds like an ideal solution to week night tournaments, wish I lived closer.  Looking forward to the £50/100/200 Saturday event that Rob suggested.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »

Admin wise seemed intensive. Maybe encourage online entry with extra chips?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »

On my table in the Iancredible 100 yesterday quite a few of the table didn't understand how this was going to work, they were confused about the prize pools not realising that the higher buy in covered entry in to all the prize pools. I don't know how you can make it any clearer but this was certainly stopping at least 3 players on my table from entering.

Ah! The element of surprise
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »

I really enjoyed this tournament. Yes it will not be much different to a normal comp until you reach the bubble stages, but levelling yourself working out players with a P1 badge in front of them is oh so fun.

I was unfortunate enough to have Kings bust by 55 on the pure bubble with 25 left, which left me with barely 2 bb's. Very next hand flick it in with 99 (sweet) and lost to JQ. I go off in a mini huff with Evil Pie finding it hilarious I am the pure bubble biatch.  A couple of minutes later Simon Trumps finds me to let me know I did not infact bubble as someone was all in on the other table about half a minute prior to me. Yay!!! Because it was still 2 people away from the P2 bubble I only got £50 from the first pot so in fact lost £8 lol. It was fun though and definitely would play again ESPECIALLY if DTD do the £50/£100/£200 combo.

Made a bit of a rookie error last week in only buying into the P2 £50 section. Was trying to be clever and just wanted to sample the tourney first and see how it played out. Had no idea it was going to be so busy and so many people bought in for £100.  Clearly if you don't cash you are a genius and have saved your money but that's just silly going forward. Once the bubble has burst you definitely want to be in the P3 prize pool too.

blueace

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »

On my table in the Iancredible 100 yesterday quite a few of the table didn't understand how this was going to work, they were confused about the prize pools not realising that the higher buy in covered entry in to all the prize pools. I don't know how you can make it any clearer but this was certainly stopping at least 3 players on my table from entering.

I suppose dtd could issue a guide for dummies, certainly if they're that brain dead would be nice to have their money in the comp.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »

£30,000 GTD Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™)

Saturday 26th Jan! P1 £50, P2 £100, P3 £200!

MPP™ is a new tournament concept created by well known poker professional Roberto Romanello, where different bankrolls are combined to play in a single tournament with multiple prizepools enabling increased guarantees to be offered.

Every Thursday we hold a £25, £50, £100 event with £5,000 GTD. We are running a £30,000 Guaranteed MPP Special on Saturday 26th January!

Live MPP™ Tournament - £30,000 GTD

Saturday 26th January

5pm (LR 7pm)

Prizepool 1 Buy in: £50 + £8

Prizepool 2 Buy in: £100 + £12

Prizepool 3 Buy in: £200 + £20

Chips: 20,000

Clock: 30 Minute

Guarantee: £30,000

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »

Are there any planned satellites to this? Would be interesting to see a sat structure for mpp I would be interested in sats that did like 1-3 get £200 seat 4-6 get 100 7-9 gets 50 etc and obviously if you won a 50 seat you could just pay the difference to get a 200 seat!!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: