blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP™) at DTD  (Read 55785 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:28 PM »

Multi Prizepool Poker (MPP)

On Thursday 10th January Dusk Till Dawn are hosting the first ever MPP tournament guaranteed at £5,000.

Live MPP Tournament

Thursday 10th January

7pm (LR 8.15pm)

Prizepool 1 Buy in: £25 + £6

Prizepool 2 Buy in: £50 + £8

Prizepool 3 Buy in: £100 + £10

Chips: 10,000

Clock: 30/20 Minute

Guarantee: £5,000

From Thursday 10th January MPP will run every Thursday live at Dusk Till Dawn.

What is Multi Prizepool Poker?

MPP is a new tournament concept created by well known poker professional Roberto Romanello where different bankrolls are combined to play in a single tournament with multiple prizepools enabling increased guarantees to be offered.

How does MPP work?

Instead of having separate tournaments at different buy-ins, with MPP there is just one tournament with a range of buy-ins creating multiple prizepools.

Any player entering an MPPevent will always play for the main prizepool which will be at the lowest buy in and always be prizepool 1. Any player who chooses to enter at the highest level will therefore automatically be entered into prizepool 1 and any additional prizepools.

Example

An MPP tournament is offered with 3 buy in levels i.e. £25 / £50 / £100 that will create 3 prizepools.

A player who chooses to buy in for the minimum £25 will play for prizepool 1 only, a player buying in for £50 will automatically be entered into prizepool 1 where they will have £25 invested but will also be entered into prizepool 2 with an additional investment of £25, players buying in for £100 will be entered into both the £25 prizepools and will also have £50 invested in prizepool 3.

All players will now play a single tournament that has 3 separate prizepools determined by buy in and number of runners in each..

If a player who bought in at prizepool 3 level for £100 wins they would get 1st prize from all 3 prizepools.

If a player who entered for £50 wins they would get 1st prize from prizepool 1and prizepool 2 while the highest finishing prizepool 3 player will win the 1st prize from prizepool 3.

If a player from prizepool 1wins they will just receive that 1st prize.

Additional places will be paid dependant on finishing positions of each player from their respective prizepools.

Example

If a player who entered prizepool 1 (i.e. £25 buy-in) wins they receive 1st place from just prizepool 1. If a prizepool 2 entry finishes 2nd they will receive 2nd place from prizepool 1 and 1st place from prizepool 2. If a prizepool 3 player then finishes 3rd they would receive 3rd place from prizepool 1, 2nd place from prizepool 2 and 1st place in prizepool 3, as shown below.

Some benefits of MPP over traditional poker events

This concept allows all players regardless of bankroll to play in a single tournament with high guarantees creating huge prizepools instead of separate events with lower guarantees split between them.

The players in prizepool 1ill now have a substantially increased prizepool available.

For players choosing to buy in to the additional prizepools it will be possible to cash / win in their respective prizepools and be freerolling on prizepool 1.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:28:50 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »

Interesting concept.  I'm guessing no deals!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »

Will it be obvious who is in at which level?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »

Will it be obvious who is in at which level?
very much doubt it. Looks like fun tho and will be interesting to see if it gets many more runners than the combined runners in the comps ran at present. My initial thoughts would be that the £25 players won't want to be playing in a comp that has better players who play in the bigger buy in comps.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »

Benefit is that they get to play against the 'better' players without having to pay more for the pleasure.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 05:37:28 PM »

sounds like a great new idea.

Carpe Diem
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »

Benefit is that they get to play against the 'better' players without having to pay more for the pleasure.
true and I suppose it brings their game on quicker. I think those players would bring more fun to the game as well. The £25 comps always seem to be full of more craic and laughter than the bigger buy in comps.

Props to Dtd for trying something different and new again

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 05:50:19 PM »

Would they have to pay Roberto royalties to stage this type of comp?

Ah! The element of surprise
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »

I think its an awesome idea, a very good solution to keeping lots of people happy on a weeknight.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »

I gather Simon will be on to answer questions on this

I am just getting my head round it myself, at this stage

Keep the questions coming and Simon can answer

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »

We need keys itt!

[ ] totally get it

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »

We need keys itt!

[ ] totally get it

What don't you get, it seems pretty simple?

You pay £25, you can win from the £25 prizepool.  If you pay £50, you can win from the £25 prizepool, and also from the next pool (into which you have paid £25 into, as has anyone else who's entered it). If you pay £100, you can win from all three prizepools (£25 goes into one, £25 into the next, and £50 into the last).

If the last player in the comp paid £100 to enter, they will get the first place prize from all three prizepools.  If they paid £25, they will come first in the £25 prize pool, but no get a penny from the others.  In that scenario, the highest placed player who entered the £100 will be the '1st placed' player in that comp. 

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 06:03:42 PM »

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »

Liking the idea. I understand where Jason is coming from but there's not a huge gulf between the £25 and £100 players anyway.

Lol at anyone finding it confusing. It's about as straightforward as you could get.

Hopefully the £10 or £15 beginners comps will still run because there would be a big gulf from those guys to the £100 players and it wouldn't be fair at all.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »

I get the conecpt and think a good idea - its jus the payout bit I need a bit more explanation on - totally get it for the winner, but if a £25 player wins is the £50 and £100 rolled down to next highest?  So ytou could finished 2nd in the overall tourne, however pick up the "1st place" extra from the £100 tourne? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: