blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  UKIPT Edinburgh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UKIPT Edinburgh  (Read 11565 times)
GPPT Jamie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »

Hi Jamie, how can I buy into day 1B now its sold out? Reg online now and then be an alternate?

At present we have 4 seats available if you would like to register via the PS client due to movement between days.

Once these go and if we do not manage to open more seats on Tuesday then we will take alternates on the day but cannot reserve spots in advance unfortunately.
GPPT Jamie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 01:57:11 PM »

I know you havent been yet and set up the room but is the tournament room at the Balmoral bigger than the corn exchange?

No, the corn exchange was significantly bigger. I seem to remember us havng a lot of tables up there and there still being space to spare.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 05:38:11 PM »

Lovely venue.Wonderful City.Wish I was not working.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 02:44:38 AM »

Any more on the reasons for the move?

Its now at a smaller place, 1b is almost full already and with the parking expenses it makes driving really diifficult as we either have to flick in £15 for a days parking or use lol-public transport and then that creates problems for people playing the sides that run a bit later.  At corn exchange it was a good location for people commuting and it had tons of free parking.

Oh and the hotel doesnt have free wifi int he tourney room, £12 for 24 hours.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
GPPT Jamie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:29 AM »

Its now at a smaller place, 1b is almost full already and with the parking expenses it makes driving really diifficult as we either have to flick in £15 for a days parking or use lol-public transport and then that creates problems for people playing the sides that run a bit later.  At corn exchange it was a good location for people commuting and it had tons of free parking.

We had nothing but complaints about the Corn Exchange, it's out of town location, facilities and atmosphere and have simply acted on player feedback from the vast majority of players. The Balmoral is a beautiful venue and we felt would provide a much better all round player experience especially having the player hotel in the same venue and lots of alternative accommodation close by.

We do realise that the parking situation is not ideal but on the flip side at the last two UKIPT Edinburghs everyone who was not driving (the majority) had to pay £10 in taxi each way every day to the venue as there was no nearby accommodation.

I would argue that the move has already been popular - we have around 480 players already registered with the last UKIPT Edinburgh attracting 519 entries at a smaller buy-in level, a number we should comfortably surpass.

Hopefully it all works out now otherwise we will have egg on our faces Smiley
GPPT Jamie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »

Hi all,

We have released a limited amount of seats for Day 1B as we have managed to secure some extra space. These are available via the PokerStars software or Dusk Till Dawn.

We have almost 500 players pre-registered for the event so are expecting our largest ever field in Scotland. Alternates will be available on the day should these seats sell out.

Any questions feel free to contact ukipt@pokerstars.com

Jamie
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »

I find it hilarious that poker players worry about things like £15 to park a car for a day.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 12:23:21 AM »

I find it hilarious that poker players worry about things like £15 to park a car for a day.

Lol...thinly veiled I just had a bink on a rival tour

Fwiw I think venue switch is very cool, the reality is most field will bust either Friday / Sat and Edinburgh is a great night out and bieng nearr the city must be a good thing.  Balmoral is a lovely hotel as well for those fortunate to win a package - I am in Jurys obv lol
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 12:42:07 AM »

If I wanted to pay a bunch for parking Id just park outside the door and take the parking ticket

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 01:22:29 AM »

If I wanted to pay a bunch for parking Id just park outside the door and take the parking ticket

I did that when I parked outside the Gutshot many years ago, the traffic warden's reaction when he came in and I told him to crack on was pretty good too, but nevertheless £15 is still much cheaper than a ticket  Cheesy

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 03:09:56 AM »

In the mid 2000's when i worked in Antigua the guy that owned the company (imagine an Italian American that was, in every way, just like Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas) used to park in front of the building every day and every day he would get a ticket and send his secretary to pay it.  After about 4 or 5 months the traffic warden lady was obviously a bit sick of this so she came up to the office and asked whose was the Mercedes Jeep that she gave a ticket to everyday.  He said that it was his and she shook her head exasperrated and said to him "every day you park out front and every day i give you a ticket.  Do you not realise that you shouldn't park there and it is costing you a small fortune" to which he responded "You keep writing the tickets honey, you'll run out of paper before I run out of money"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 05:35:24 AM »

In the mid 2000's when i worked in Antigua the guy that owned the company (imagine an Italian American that was, in every way, just like Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas) used to park in front of the building every day and every day he would get a ticket and send his secretary to pay it.  After about 4 or 5 months the traffic warden lady was obviously a bit sick of this so she came up to the office and asked whose was the Mercedes Jeep that she gave a ticket to everyday.  He said that it was his and she shook her head exasperrated and said to him "every day you park out front and every day i give you a ticket.  Do you not realise that you shouldn't park there and it is costing you a small fortune" to which he responded "You keep writing the tickets honey, you'll run out of paper before I run out of money"

More diary posts please Smiley

GPPT Jamie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 01:03:31 AM »

We have had to cap the 6-max side event at 18:00 tonight at 150 Please note that this is a hard cap and will not be accepting further entries or alternates past this number due to license restrictions on the time gaming must finish.

We currently have 100 entries for this event and will be able to accept further entries online via PS first thing tomorrow.

Main event update: Having set up the tournament area we are now able to accommodate more players for both start days and registration is still available for Day 1A and Day 1B. We have already exceeded the UKIPT Season 2 Edinburgh record of 519 so it is shaping up to be an interesting week Smiley
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 01:29:48 AM »

We have had to cap the 6-max side event at 18:00 tonight at 150 Please note that this is a hard cap and will not be accepting further entries or alternates past this number due to license restrictions on the time gaming must finish.

We currently have 100 entries for this event and will be able to accept further entries online via PS first thing tomorrow.

Main event update: Having set up the tournament area we are now able to accommodate more players for both start days and registration is still available for Day 1A and Day 1B. We have already exceeded the UKIPT Season 2 Edinburgh record of 519 so it is shaping up to be an interesting week Smiley

Any idea the time this will be opening at?

GPPT Jamie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »

Any idea the time this will be opening at?

Registration has be re-opened on first come first serve basis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: