blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:53:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273105 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!  (Read 28923 times)
smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »

hi nicola/simon

realy like the online idia will save me a pass out on school night and about £30 in petroll

question about the sats into this online bit will they be same as they are know and just be a email to get into the online day 1a ??

thanks
garry

psi getting dtd withdraw symptons with this daft weather
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »

hi nicola/simon

realy like the online idia will save me a pass out on school night and about £30 in petroll

question about the sats into this online bit will they be same as they are know and just be a email to get into the online day 1a ??

thanks
garry

psi getting dtd withdraw symptons with this daft weather

Hi Garry

Yes satellites will be the same and if players wish to play online day 1 they can just email me and i will enter them Smiley Will probably do a big call round and ask players which day they want to play as it may have changed since they won their seat.

Cheers Nicola

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »

Brilliant idea.

I probably shouldn't, given my skill-level and therefore likeliness to be on the final table, comment on the final table clock, however, wouldn't it always be best to offer the longest feasible clock for a tournament of this nature? The extra three hours at the front-end should facilitate the 60 min clock.

My only other comment would be, for the deepstacks and other 2 day events/festivals, to open the club 60 mins before the tournament starts, to allow the numbers to register/get through the door and take a bathroom break before having to start.
In response to opening the doors earlier, we are currently working on getting more players entered into the live day 1s before we open the doors to reduce the queues, this will help with some players having played online for day 1A, plus we will have all sat winners entered so they wouldn't need to queue, and more DBIs buying in in advance. Hope to have this in practice for Feb's Deepstack, save on queue size Smiley

i can confirm this works really well. i got to the club for the Jan deepstack when the queues were very long and just smiled and waited for the seat draw having bought in online the day before

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »

When will the next grand prix be?

also what format will it be in?

would you ever do the grand prix where top 10% qualify online and auto cash for the live tourney and start with 15k stacks again?

Just me
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »

Brilliant. Expect this to increase field size and work well. Think youll find the twenty mins clock too generous though when analysing hands played. Probs get away with 12-15 mins.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »

Brilliant. Expect this to increase field size and work well. Think youll find the twenty mins clock too generous though when analysing hands played. Probs get away with 12-15 mins.

Def agree with this. 0% chance online is only double the speed of live, even on boss.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 04:04:33 AM »

If I play that weekend it is very unlikely I will online as I am absolute crap online & I think the players chipstacks from 1A will be a lot lower than 1B and 1C. Hopefully proved wrong of course.

Although a few questions

- £200k it made, but only first prize of £44k, should really be £50k? considering and a few players said the same. I think a few too many players was paid out last and structure really is flat. But of course £44k is a nice payday, but when I played the last one I expected at least to be seeing £50k first prize. Will there be any changes to that?

- January and Febuary my busiest months, so may come late. What is the likelyhood of having to wait as I know there was a queue to get in the tournament on Saturday.

A suggestion...

Played 1B last time and I was there all day, but it was a nightmare to get food. People waited above 1 hour for it and I 100% understand that the demand was due to a lot higher numbers turning up, but I was starving all day & when I got food it was cold Sad. I would advise cutting a few breaks (although mentioned) & adding 45-1hr break somewhere along the lines so people can eat. Also, can you guys cut the silly break that is just before the last level?

Another suggestion...

There are mega-sats around & now an online day 1a, would both of these not run well with a Chipleader running with it? Personally hate having one online tournament up when I do play online, so having Chipleaders, sats and online 1a may run together?

Good luck with this, hopefully supporting!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:55:33 AM by aaron1867 » Logged
smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2013, 04:42:48 AM »

20 min clock online sounds good get a lot more hands per hour online than live anything less no good

Hopping to play online
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »

If the online gets cut to 12-15 minutes I may well play. 20 minutes is way too long. It's going to be nearly 6 hours of online play to not even reach the cash.

Other than the odd WCOOP or similar I think that's pretty much unheard of online. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »

If the online gets cut to 12-15 minutes I may well play. 20 minutes is way too long. It's going to be nearly 6 hours of online play to not even reach the cash.

Other than the odd WCOOP or similar I think that's pretty much unheard of online. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right about the clock, but pretty sure 6 hours is a standard online MTT length if you final.....................

I think the main difference is that the last level will be a titanic shove fest, as everyone is going to want to "get to day 2 with a stack" rather than "make good use of this hotel ive booked", but thats not necessarily a bad thing IMO - nice dynamic

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »

You are right about the clock, but pretty sure 6 hours is a standard online MTT length if you final.....................

I think the main difference is that the last level will be a titanic shove fest, as everyone is going to want to "get to day 2 with a stack" rather than "make good use of this hotel ive booked", but thats not necessarily a bad thing IMO - nice dynamic

6 hours isn't to final though is it. It's just to get you to level 17 which probably won't even be in the money.

Could be interesting for people like myself who live close by. Figuring out calling ranges could be fun.

Also consider a situation like........

Last hand of the night. You have 2x average and are rolled to buy in on all 3 day 1's. You've also booked and paid for a hotel. Someone with 1 chip less than you goes all in and you have AA.

Wwyd?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »

Well it's an easy snap as we are here to win, but more interestingly if 5 people with 15bbs get it in and you have 30bbs

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »

i understand what you mean but this isnot a normall thing its a day 1 to a deepstack touniment where playing live s normally 12 hours so 6 online is short but will prob get the same amount of hands as would playing live LEAVE CLOCK ALOAN
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 01:36:23 PM »

This is a very good idea for those of us some way away.  I can't play this month, but will give it a go as sson as I can.

I think 15 minute blinds feels about equal to 40 minutes live and 20 seems too much.  

But can you not do a comparision on number of hands played online in 15 minutes in a typical MTT vs number of hands played in 40 minutes in the club?  I guess the online bit is easy, but the club bit more difficult, though I would be surprised if nobody has ever counted.

I think the number of hands in both should be the same.  Otherwise we could get 5% of the field through from 1A, but all with double the average stack.  

Having said all this, then you could just give it a go and see how many make it through.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »

Not really difficult to count the number of hands live.

Buy half a dozen of these things:

Click to see full-size image.

Put them with the seating cards on 6 tables in any comp. Tell the dealers that every time the button hits seat 1 to press the little button on the top of the little machine.

Do a little bit of maths.

Job done.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: