blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 07:07:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273021 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  scotty2hatty's London Adventure
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: scotty2hatty's London Adventure  (Read 16329 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »

Which part of Finsbury Park are you in - this shitty bit or the really shitty bit?

I think just the shitty bit, although I'm unsure. It is pretty shitty but not really shitty so I'm a little unsure. I've not been assaulted yet if that helps?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »

What a great diarrhoea you are Mr S2H. Looking forward to more.

Polite request -  More pics please, and include of of yourself and the GF.

Thanks Red, glad you are enjoying. Will get some photos up when I get a chance.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »

The last update was dated Saturday the 5th of January and I am pleased to report that since then everything has went extremely well. Everything in the flat has been sorted and we've made a bunch of purchases/adjustments and it is feeling more like a home now.

I started my job as Back of House Manager in Topshop/Topman Brent Cross on Wednesday the 9th and have enjoyed every minute of it so far. It is a huge challenge with a massive team but something I relish. Lots of positive changes I can make to the store. We had a stocktake count last week and had a terrible result, something I aim to change drastically when we get our next count in 3 months time. Slighting daunting visit from the Loss Prevention Department coming up this week however, due to the poor result.

Brent Cross Shopping Centre is a nice centre with a bunch of decent shops. Before Xmas there was a wild robbery of a jewellers in there that people from London may have heard about. The robbers burst in on bikes and had axes and guns I believe. Below is the footage on Youtube....

I don't have many exciting tales to tell at present as my time has been mostly occupied by work and sleep as I have little to no cash at present. I paid for the move down myself after the promise of money from HR but I am yet to receive the monies, despite a number of calls - I'm hoping this can be sorted asap.

Pay day on Friday so basically I am looking for some exciting things to do in London? Anyone done anything decent recently? Or is there any decent websites that you can use that let you know what is going on?

I love Indian food so hoping someone can recommend a proper quality restaurant for me to try?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 03:47:54 PM »

Just as an aside, when I see your alias, I hear it in my head as Scotty Twatty.   

The older I get, the better I was.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »

Which part of Finsbury Park are you in - this shitty bit or the really shitty bit?

I think just the shitty bit, although I'm unsure. It is pretty shitty but not really shitty so I'm a little unsure. I've not been assaulted yet if that helps?

Blackstock Road = really shitty
Up towards Crouch End = not so shitty

Pay day on Friday so basically I am looking for some exciting things to do in London? Anyone done anything decent recently? Or is there any decent websites that you can use that let you know what is going on?

Londonist for things to do, or pick up a copy of Time Out (which is now free)

I love Indian food so hoping someone can recommend a proper quality restaurant for me to try?

Was recently in a very good Nepalese restaurant (Great Nepalese) on Eversholt Street across from Euston station. Like Indian food but not as fierce.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »

Was recently in a very good Nepalese restaurant (Great Nepalese) on Eversholt Street across from Euston station. Like Indian food but not as fierce.

Oh, I'm in the really shitty bit then. Nvm.

I like the fierceness of Indian cooking. Restaurant must do decent Tikka Masala as that is all Carly likes.
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »

Oh, I'm in the really shitty bit then. Nvm.

TBF,you have come from Dundee so it probs doesnt feel shitty at all.  

PS ,really enjoying the thread so far.
Hope you settle in without too many hiccups.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:35:07 PM by maccol » Logged

Embracing the variance.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »

Enjoying it too Scotty. Not too sure about decent restaurants where you live, I knoe there is a Nandos in wood green tho! And plenty of choice.in central London.

Do you play.poker?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 07:35:49 AM »

Enjoying it too Scotty. Not too sure about decent restaurants where you live, I knoe there is a Nandos in wood green tho! And plenty of choice.in central London.

Do you play.poker?

Oh, the Indian restaurant can be anywhere. Preferably central actually.

And there's a Nando's in Finsbury. 5 min walk from me. Haven't been yet though.

Yup, I play poker. Not anything big though, more of a social player now. Any decent c.£50 tournaments about then please let me know.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »

Do you play.poker?

Oh, the Indian restaurant can be anywhere. Preferably central actually.

And there's a Nando's in Finsbury. 5 min walk from me. Haven't been yet though.

Yup, I play poker. Not anything big though, more of a social player now. Any decent c.£50 tournaments about then please let me know.

Loads of blondes gonna be in Luton on Friday for apat weekend. You normally find a few there every night. Also, there is a poker club in palmers green, about 15 mins from you, maybe 20.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 09:06:20 AM »

How far is Luton?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:38 AM »

How far is Luton?

About an hour from finsbury park. Easier if you just get on the m1 at Brent cross I would say.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 02:19:22 AM »

And you get the bonus of Vinny playing so £60 dead money; it's a £40+£20 add on Friday, good fun - shocking standard.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »

Hard to express how much I love this post

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013, 07:16:46 AM »

How is London?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: