blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:20:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  idiot tilted his stack off
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: idiot tilted his stack off  (Read 3949 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »

Played the Super 50 on Friday and enjoyed the following.
Blinds 300/600 very recently up from 200/400
three two mid position limpers.
Button (very full of himself, slow rolls everything, heavily criticised a player who he knocked out, despite being complete fish himself) puts in two chips; a 1000 and a 100 but says nothing.
Small blind insta-flips in 3x100 chips.
Dealer, politely informs the button he must make a min raise to 1200.
he complains and tells her he put the 100 in to make life easy for her.
He insists on a ruling, which is obviously as per dealers instruction.
SB folds and loses his limp, BB folds and one of the limpers folds.
1 limper sticks around

forget how the board ran out, but the limper check called the flop and the Button is making passive-aggresive smart-arsed remarks to the dealer as he bets the flop.

again, forget the betting but the pot got very big and Button tilted off best part of a 50k stack with 7,8 pairing his 8 only against a nicely hidden straight, all because he was forced to make a min raise pre-flop.

As an aside, maybe it was just my table, but I found he standard of play, even by Super 50 standards to be appalling.

There was one hand at 100/200 when a player opened for 1050 and got 6 callers.
ended up 4,4 v 10,10, v 10,7 on a 4,10,x board.
all went in on the flop, including a big chunk of chips from the villain of the first story with the 10,7, after it had been bet and raised before him.

was frequently seeing it 5-7 way for the flop. Either that or enourmous over bets.

Not complaining, but need to have a look at my game and adapt to it if it's typical of that game.
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:23:10 PM »

Sounds like a good game.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »

Thought it was brilliant on Friday.

My exit hand was at 150/300. There's a raise to 1300 in early position and a call.

I've only got A4hh but I strongly suspect it's good so get my 7200 in the middle. They both call off their whole stacks with.......

78ss

89cc

So many great spots to be had and such great value. Just need to hold and the rewards will come.

Also had one raised pot the week before that went 8 way to the flop. Interesting one that.

I don't know the best way to adapt to it tbh. Certainly don't be opening with trash that's for sure. Just play tight and wait for a genuine hand. If you don't get one then wait 'til you get in to shove stack territory and whack the lot in with something half decent.

I'll be there again this coming Friday that's for sure. Fantastic comp with a nice, fun, fast structure.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »

Oh and if you're planning on having the reload take it early.

You should always make sure you cover as many players as possible to maximise your opportunities.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MilkShake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »

I played the super 50 on friday and one thing baffled me. I cant remember the exact play but the blinds were something like 600/1200 a100 and it folded round to the lady on the button who shoves around 10bigs with A6os. The SB folds and the BB is the only person left to act. This guy has everyone on the table covered and is a fairly old bloke. Not quite old enough to be considered ancient. Anyway this guy asks the dealer for a count so the dealer goes away with his business of counting the all in players stack. After a short while the dealer tells the guy how much it is total and he starts counting out the exact amount of chips. he then re counts about 3 times to make sure he has the right amount. Finally he puts the chips over the line and flips over AA! I felt bad for the woman as she pretty much had been slow rolled and had the nut worst hand against AA. At the end of the hand about 3 people kept asking the guy why he didnt just annouce call and make the process about 2 minutes shorter. The guy just rambled some bollocks off. I don't bother getting involved like i used too. I'm just there to enjoy the game especially on a friday. At least i got the guy later just before the bubble. Weeeeeeee. Will be there again this Friday. Really enjoyed the night and was a good atmosphere. Smiley
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »

Epic slowroll.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »

Germans.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:45 PM »

Finally he puts the chips over the line and flips over AA!

Unforgivable

As for the standard of play at DTD recently - £25 comp, in BB with stack of 10-15xBB, several limpers. I shove, couple fold, MP calls for half his stack with T8s with two or three players behind him.

corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 11:37:31 PM »

I played the super 50 on friday and one thing baffled me. I cant remember the exact play but the blinds were something like 600/1200 a100 and it folded round to the lady on the button who shoves around 10bigs with A6os. The SB folds and the BB is the only person left to act. This guy has everyone on the table covered and is a fairly old bloke. Not quite old enough to be considered ancient. Anyway this guy asks the dealer for a count so the dealer goes away with his business of counting the all in players stack. After a short while the dealer tells the guy how much it is total and he starts counting out the exact amount of chips. he then re counts about 3 times to make sure he has the right amount. Finally he puts the chips over the line and flips over AA! I felt bad for the woman as she pretty much had been slow rolled and had the nut worst hand against AA. At the end of the hand about 3 people kept asking the guy why he didnt just annouce call and make the process about 2 minutes shorter. The guy just rambled some bollocks off. I don't bother getting involved like i used too. I'm just there to enjoy the game especially on a friday. At least i got the guy later just before the bubble. Weeeeeeee. Will be there again this Friday. Really enjoyed the night and was a good atmosphere. Smiley

What did he say when confronted by other players?

This is key here, he may be new to the game or something. If he's a reg then he's a moron
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »

Epic slowroll.

Soooooo wanted king to show up!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 11:50:27 PM »

The Germans thing is explained easily...

The guy looks back to Sandra Naujoks to basically say "im going to be all in".  She misreads it to mean "I need to check this is ok, and SHE calls the time out!"

As soon as she hears his hand, she gets embarassed and sends him back...
Clearly the KK deserved to hit. Cheesy

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 03:19:26 AM »

Old guy slow rolls and you've not included this?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:26:48 AM by George2Loose » Logged

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 08:13:44 AM »

Thought it was brilliant on Friday.

My exit hand was at 150/300. There's a raise to 1300 in early position and a call.

I've only got A4hh but I strongly suspect it's good so get my 7200 in the middle. They both call off their whole stacks with.......

78ss

89cc

So many great spots to be had and such great value. Just need to hold and the rewards will come.

Also had one raised pot the week before that went 8 way to the flop. Interesting one that.

I don't know the best way to adapt to it tbh. Certainly don't be opening with trash that's for sure. Just play tight and wait for a genuine hand. If you don't get one then wait 'til you get in to shove stack territory and whack the lot in with something half decent.

I'll be there again this coming Friday that's for sure. Fantastic comp with a nice, fun, fast structure.

Saw you at the table next to mine. Was planning to say hello at the break, but you were gone Smiley

My feeling is, certainly play it as a £100 freezeout. I took my second 10k the first time a player got felted, even though i had about 8k at the time.
Basically I think early doors at least, you have to have it, and bet it hard and brace yourself for a river outdraw. I think I'm going to avoid the temptation to get involved with the multiway pots, other than really good set mining / suited ace situations. No point at all squeezing with that sort of stuff, however many limpers there are before me.

I think once you get your nose out in front, it should be a nice game to play.
MilkShake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

What did he say when confronted by other players?

This is key here, he may be new to the game or something. If he's a reg then he's a moron
The guy was a definite reg as other players on the table knew him and how he played, some were saying his name as well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: