blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:02:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham 2013
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2013  (Read 45236 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 07, 2013, 08:59:30 AM »

Rick,

Loving the Cheltenham buzz & enthusiasm you have.

I keep wanting to ask you a difficult question, but you can only mock me if it really is daft, & I'll cope, so here goes....

How much of your Cheltenham buzz is down to what is without doubt a wonderful punting week, & how much is it down to the occasion of seeing the best NH horses in a great setting, pitting the best against the best.

Answer it this way, if it helps......

You have 100 marks to allocate between...

Punting @ Cheltenham

Cheltenham Festival without ANY punting.

How many marks will each get? (Only 100 in TOTAL).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »

doing an anti rain dance here

Me too as any significant rain scuppers the SE plot for the Ryanair.

De Bromhead says it's still 50/50 and ground-dependant.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 07, 2013, 11:56:42 AM »

doing an anti rain dance here

Me too as any significant rain scuppers the SE plot for the Ryanair.

De Bromhead says it's still 50/50 and ground-dependant.

Raining heavily down south today Ralph, & has been non-stop since 3am, & it is forecast to continue all day. But it is still nearly a week away, so plenty of recovery time if the weather dries up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 07, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »

Lucy Verasamy ‏@LucyWeather

Looking very chilly for Cheltenham next week. Frosty nights will firm up the ground.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »

Normally at this time of year my study is deep in books/updates from Weatherbys/Martin Julian/Jumping Prospects/Mark Howard.....the list goes on. But over the last couple of years I have found myself missing or diluting several winners I have chosen because of my thought processes, things I have seen, and worked out. This has been because of the amount of bloody stuff I read, and let sway me away from my own selection process.

Having won at 10 of the last 11 festivals(admittedly Bellvano got me out of a large hole last year at the last chance saloon), I noted the more I read, the less I was winning. Strange huh!

So this year, bar the preview evenings update I have no outside influences, and I feel really happy with my little bag of selections this year.  All the big ante post punts are in good shape, MTOY, Goulanes/Close House/Capt Chris/Overturn plus others, and now I just have to endure 5 more sleepless nights. Ain't this time of year just grand?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 07, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »

Oh Look.

Dynaste drifting like mad, out to on betty, and Goulanes backed strongly........I wonder who could be riding him?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 07, 2013, 06:06:19 PM »

CORAL HAIL SPRINTER SACRE OFFER AS THEIR MOST SUCCESSFUL EVER

* Sprinter Sacre Trends On Twitter As 15,000 Place Bets At Evens *

Coral this afternoon hailed their headline Cheltenham Festival offer of "Evens on Sprinter Sacre" as the most successful promotion they have ever offered on any horse racing event, and then confirmed it will run for several more days at least.

The Even money offer on Sprinter Sacre was launched by Coral at 9am this morning and by 5pm over 15,000 customers had taken advantage of the offer at an average stake of £18.

“The incredible demand from customers has exceeded our expectations but not surprised us as we knew we were offering an irresistible price about the star of next week’s Cheltenham Festival. Twitter went ballistic in the morning with over 95% of the conversations about Sprinter Sacre discussing our offer and at 10am Sprinter Sacre was trending on twitter,” said Simon Clare, Coral Spokesman.

“This is just the start though as we are going to continue the offer for at least the next few days so anyone and everyone who wants to get Evens about the shortest priced Festival favourite since Arkle will have ample time to do so,” promised Clare.

“There were some gripes about our decision to restrict a minority of customers to £10 but the vast majority got the full £20 at the promotional price but with such huge demand we want to stretch the offer out for as long as possible and have given priority to our regular customers and new accounts” added Clare.

“This is already the biggest and best offer we have ever run and with TV advertising starting tomorrow we expect our liabilities to hit seven figures sometime this weekend”, concluded Clare.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 07, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »

Yer goes to show how skint folk are.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35:58 PM »

Yer goes to show how skint folk are.

twitter was rife with pro punters mocking those who took the offer and appearing above it

find it strange myself that at least 5 i saw regularly work for minor radio services/newspapers appear on racing uk/atr for not a great deal of money when it appears by there attitude they would not pick £20 up if they found it in the street

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »

They allowed me a cockle on SS but I now have another in my account due to misplaced optimism.

I'm sure I'll find something to do with it.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »

Pray For Grandouet

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2013, 04:38:39 PM »

What's happened to grandouet?
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »

went to 40s betfair

Christopher Brammer
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2013, 08:02:18 PM »

lol. cliffs:

1) Went out to a high of 85.0 on betfair
2) twitter exploded confirming it as a non runner due to lack of work and not enough time to put it right
3) I seethed around including throwing a 500ml bottle of sprite at Jones' head
4) Came back to around 20s
5) Henderson came on RUK and said it was absolutely fine and had worked well with Une Artiste this morning
6) Slowly came back to around 9.0 about 4 hours after the drifting had all started

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2013, 08:10:41 PM »

Imagine having backed it at 85 now!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: