blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham 2013
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2013  (Read 44538 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2013, 01:50:07 AM »

ok boys, Not long now. Booked a place for the week, anyone welcome to crash on settee if you are struggling. these are my ante post bets so far, others obv better than some. Actually killed a horse called Alland Islands by betting it for a festival race and out of respect ive removed it from the list.

cheltenham festival

lord of the house, supreme novice hurdle £30 25/1
balder succes, £50 at 40/1 champion hurdle
£50 double simonsig 3/1, hurricane fly 5/1
£20 jezki 12/1 supreme novices, (lads)
£100e/w une artiste mares hurdle 16/1
£125 7/1 grandoeut
£100 taquin de seuil 8/1 albett
£50   " "  8/1 neptune
£55 SDC gold cup 6/1
£70 the new one 7/1 £14 7/1 lads
£130 double grandoeut 7/1 SDC 6/1
£80 treble 13/8 won, waites 3/1 won, SDC 6/1

nothing really interesting yet as my main bets will be betting w/o the fav in a lot of the races
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:09:27 AM »

Loving the early enthusiasm, can't wait, such a great week. This year it's gapped between my brothers wedding and his 30th bday either side of it so going to be pretty messy.

Best ever Cheltenham experience ?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 02:49:50 AM »

either when Inglis Drever won the world hurdle was working in a factory at the time and had bundles on, and it turned over Barracuda at 11/2. Or me grabbing the mic 2 years ago and singing irish songs as the only non irish man in the whole pub, accompanied by 2 fiddlers and a guitarist.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:05:23 AM »

Jealous... I've only gotten into racing over the last couple years, but absolutely love it now and Chelts is amazing to sweat even from home!

ROFL @ the pub incident, but you can't beat getting weighed in for a chunk... even moreso when you're grafting a 9-5 I imagine.

Best of luck and hope everyone gets the lot during the festival 

BigAdz is a hero on the nags and this kind of stuff is his speciality, so he'll be loving this (No pressure m8 Wink)

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:23:26 AM »

My wife is pregnant with our first child which I am obviously very excited about but a slight spanner in the works is that she is due roughly when the festival is.  Obviously I won't be going this year but is it wrong that I have on my mind that I hope the baby isn't born during festival week as future birthdays might clash with my annual trip and if the baby is born then when will it be appropriate to start the seeds of an idea that the best possible birthday treat for a 3/4/5yo would be a day at the festival seeing the horseys?

Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:58:14 AM »

Yer can't wait. Some nice payouts if the doubles cop. Favourite comical/emotional moment watching Dessie win from inside wheelchair enclosure. Lad sat in wheelchair with a Tesco carrier bag over his pot. Dessie comes over last and he's out of the wheelchair bouncing up and down cheering him home, Dessie wins he turns round and shouts "Dessies cured me" Kin brilliant.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »

My wife is pregnant with our first child which I am obviously very excited about but a slight spanner in the works is that she is due roughly when the festival is.  Obviously I won't be going this year but is it wrong that I have on my mind that I hope the baby isn't born during festival week as future birthdays might clash with my annual trip and if the baby is born then when will it be appropriate to start the seeds of an idea that the best possible birthday treat for a 3/4/5yo would be a day at the festival seeing the horseys?

Gratz!

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09:29 AM »

Haha snap we are due on 13th March and was thinking the same but also thinking if the baby could come a week earlier it will never clash and also will be on paternity leave for 2 weeks whilst the festival is on this year.

Cant wait!!
For both ofc

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »

Did my brains last year! Die hurricane fly!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 11:52:24 AM »

While all the irish head over to cheltenham  im heading in the opposite direction will be spending the thursday and friday watching the races in a pub with a bookies next door in a nice litte village.

Roll on march.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 08:51:11 PM »

My wife is pregnant with our first child which I am obviously very excited about but a slight spanner in the works is that she is due roughly when the festival is.  Obviously I won't be going this year but is it wrong that I have on my mind that I hope the baby isn't born during festival week as future birthdays might clash with my annual trip and if the baby is born then when will it be appropriate to start the seeds of an idea that the best possible birthday treat for a 3/4/5yo would be a day at the festival seeing the horseys?

I been contemplating taking my 3yo boy to Ascot this weekend, got to show him the ropes sometime, right? Wink
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »

8 of us booked for day on the Thursday  .. Be punting from the comfort of the sofa for rest of the week!

Years past I was there for full week without fail, but not sure I could do it now, and I'm not even old Smiley

Only 1 antepost bet so far.. Champion Court in Ryan Air

I also think Rock on Ruby hasn't been given enough credit for last years win, definitely the one I'd want to be on at current prices in champion
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:03:17 AM »

Have just bet my tent or yours for the supreme £150 win at 10s this very much reminds me of the route darlan took last year and whose to say how much darlans fall in the betfair hurdle put him back in his supreme bid. Unlike a lot of the market leaders, My tent or Yours has good ground form in the book and he's still not settling in his races maybe the betfair hurdle and supreme will see him settle better with a strong pace. It arguably already has the best form in the book. Just cant have jezki at 2x shorter than MTOY. I had all ladbrokes would lay me (£20) on jezki at 12/1s so have that in as a saver. Bit of a flyer but the tirade of money for it on saturday and before the race for the betfair hurdle fill me full of confidence that Henderson really likes this one. A bit of a flyer but hey yo.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 07:56:20 AM »

When MTOY beat Tarquin, it didn't look as impressive as I had hoped for but the form was soon franked, and I got stuck in having bits and bobs daily. When he got beat at Newbury in dreadful ground, I just piled in again. As I wrote on another thread JP doesn't worry about winning sequences if it helps achieve the main objective.
The run at Huntingdon reconfigure what we knew, the big worry for me was JP buying Jezki. However, to my mind he has the profile of a horse that has done all his best work in deep winter ground and come the festival, maybe a very false price. I have him covered but see this very much as MTOYs race, and feeling good with plenty of 20s on board

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 02:13:36 PM »

a little something ive just done, getting very giddy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: