blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:05:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £100,000 GTD Grand Prix: 10-17th March
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £100,000 GTD Grand Prix: 10-17th March  (Read 57515 times)
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »

I agree with David's first point about re-entry, but its kind of whatever to me and wouldnt put me off. The main thing for me is not playing a set amount of levels per day. Playing down to x% of the field meaning each day finishes on different blind levels and different stack depths etc. Dunno just makes it a glorified satellite really and not a true day 1 of 2 tourney

I'll still be giving it a bash though obv :-)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:02 AM »

Got to agree with David on this one. Playing more day 1s with a safety net just swings the tournament towards the deeper pockets.

I've always been an advocate of allowing players to abandon a stack and play again but I don't think this freeroll extra chance is a good idea at all.

Just my two cents worth.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:57 AM »

David/Matt - these amendments are not meant for a commercial benefit or to significantly change the dynamic of the game, purely for online day 1 players to have the option to in effect "forfeit" their stack (i.e no have any disadvantage to as if they are playing live Day 1), so I have worded it differently so noone can "have a free roll" which was not the intention but thinking about it - I can see some players trying to take advantage of this, I think that's much better - thanks for the feedback.

These decisions were all made at the same time when the date was set for this March Grand Prix, okay playing down to 10% may result in a level or so difference on some Day 1's, but I am sure it's in everyone's best interests for all players to know they get £150 when they make Day 2, people travel from all over the UK for the Grand Prix, many are used to playing in pubs for small stakes, to play the Grand Prix and knowing you have your travel x's covered will appeal I am sure.

Guys, please note these Grand Prix rules

This GP format is different because we play down to 10% so a different number of levels could be played each Day 1 and there are 5 x Online Day 1's, so unlike in the Club, players do not have the option to go all-in and muck their cards on the last hand e.g. if a player has 5 BB and wants to re-enter the next day, rules below;

RE-ENTRY
- Re-Entry is available into all future Day 1’s
- If you qualify on any Day 1 but feel your chip stack is too short, you can choose to forfeit your stack and re-enter into a future Day 1

PLEASE NOTE: If you re-enter into another Day 1 after qualifying in a Day 1, that will forfeit your stack from the previous Day 1

DAY 1's:
- Players will play down to 10% of the field on all Day 1's - this will take at least 15 levels
- Players will take their Day 1 Chip Stack through to Day 2
- All players will be in the money who make Sunday Day 2, the min cash 3 x (3 x £50 = £150)

DAY 2:
- We start at Level 16 of the WSOP main event structure 2500-5000
- Since we play down to 10% on Day 1 and start with 20,000 chips, the average stack will for Day 2 will of course be 200,000 chips
- Some players will have higher than 200k and some lower, but this means a decent average of 40 BB going into Day 2, plenty of play

Thank you for all the feedback, we have really tried to listen to everyone's Grand Prix suggestions to make this the best possible experience. I hope you like the option to forfeit your stack and re-enter should you have an accident in the last level or hand and be very short but still qualify, and everyone being in the money who makes Day 2 with higher min cash of 3 x £150 pays the costs of travelling for those living far away.

The one suggestion we have not decided to do is allow + 1 re-loads as we feel we would like to keep the spend per Day 1 at £50 max on this occasion. The structure is great, 20,000 chips and WSOP blinds, and if you bust there are plenty of chances to try again. Had a few people who prefer to play live have ask me what happens if the live Day 1's on Fri and Sat sell out, well we will put another live Day 1 on on Thursday if their is demand.

Aces
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:17:29 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2013, 10:58:10 AM »

<3 DTD

The Midland Bank of the Poker World.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »

best format Grand Prix we have done IMO
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »

Thanks for the reply Simon, and the clarification/amendments made above - I'm really impressed with the extent to which you guys address customer feedback!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »

best format Grand Prix we have done IMO

Hard to argue with this. It seems to combine the best features of all the previous events.

Another final table? Well, they say lightning never strikes the same place twice, but then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Sullivan

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »

when you cash will it go directly to your ipoker acc?

also if you win multipul golden chips but get a big stack for day 2 but you still have more re entries do you get the cash equivilent?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:51:24 PM by paulhouk03 » Logged

Just me
smokynuts

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2013, 08:41:39 PM »

looking good to me

will it be just 250 golden chips or will thee be more   Huh?

garry

h

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »

could the gp sats run more often seem to be getting plenty of runners every 30 mins in the evenings ?
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2013, 09:21:59 PM »

could the gp sats run more often seem to be getting plenty of runners every 30 mins in the evenings ?

To be honest H if we ran them more often we would run out before the end of the promo, its only 12 days away, thats the method in the madness

h

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:06 PM »

To be honest H if we ran them more often we would run out before the end of the promo, its only 12 days away, thats the method in the madness

ah ok understood
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

Not played on line for over two years, Bagged a seat, back to back Ft lets hope, Whats a Golden Chip lol can i donate it to Mr Amos?

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »

Not played on line for over two years, Bagged a seat, back to back Ft lets hope, Whats a Golden Chip lol can i donate it to Mr Amos?

rickwallerirl?

Just me
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »

rickwallerirl?

haha no thats me Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: