blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:45:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "In the Well" with Simon Deadman
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Simon Deadman  (Read 51863 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »

Are u and Shola planning to get married?

Are u gonna have a stag do? Can I come?

Who would be your best man? Do I have a shot at it?

Plans for Vegas? Will you be selling action via certain staking boards?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »

What did you do before poker? Do you think you will still be playing poker in 10 yrs?

Lets see if anyone can guess my job before poker? No one post if you already know though!

I don't have a 10 year plan, here and now things are great. for 10 years time, Que Sera, Sera.

Undertaker?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »

What did you do before poker? Do you think you will still be playing poker in 10 yrs?

Lets see if anyone can guess my job before poker? No one post if you already know though!

I don't have a 10 year plan, here and now things are great. for 10 years time, Que Sera, Sera.

Undertaker?

Paperboy?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »

Where in Leeds are you? How do you like it so far

Guy (drinks in chapel A?)

Churwell Morley, not far from footy stadium. Do not know where any where is yet! except IKEA. <3 IKEA

What made you pick there? near work? or friends etc?
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2013, 02:52:16 PM »

What's been your best moment in poker thus far?
What's been your worst moment in poker so far ?
Short & long term aspirations in poker ?

1) Winning in Blackpool, had been knocking on the door for GUKPT's all year, felt sooo good to get the win under my belt.
2) Busting my first ever WSOP main with around 200 left
3) Just keep playing well and see what happens
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »

U get half a point, its not the answer but as I was a paperboy when i was in school so you are kind of right
Undertaker?

Paperboy?
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2013, 02:57:59 PM »

Yes we were actually taling about it recently, probably next summer we think. Ofcourse you can come!!
Best man is an interesting question? Would have to think about that one.
going to book vegas as soon as as schedule is out. probably go for 4 weeks again. Will be selling action i'm sure, will see if I can reach 300 post by then! Its really hard!!!!
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2013, 02:59:28 PM »

Where in Leeds are you? How do you like it so far

Guy (drinks in chapel A?)

Churwell Morley, not far from footy stadium. Do not know where any where is yet! except IKEA. <3 IKEA

What made you pick there? near work? or friends etc?

Shola can walk to work...its 2 mins down the road. Thats main reason really.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2013, 03:10:16 PM »

Thread blatant set-up to get you to 300 posts Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:18 PM »

In a hospital?
Miss you at dtd torns, was good having battles on those occasions. You always seemed to 'sweat' a bit when I reached for my chips or was this part of your speech play? sean r
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:20:55 PM by blueace » Logged
fizix87

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »

Hi Simon,

To put a face to screenname, we met in Dublin (the Scottish guy you bust from 1a), hopefully that clarifies:

I don't know if you are comfortable sharing your thoughts about specific hands in a public forum, but if you are you should discuss the 4 bet pot you played against Sean from Ireland on Day 1a of the WPT, because that is definitely one of the more interesting spots I have witnessed/discussed recently.

Going back to not grinding online tournaments, regardless of your previous lack of enjoyment, do you not feel that you might be sacrificing a serious source of potential earnings and crucially a way to significantly reduce variance, especially because of the resources you have in terms of friends of yours who are good online regulars?

More general question: As someone whose main game is live tournaments, what do you think some of the biggest mistakes people who play primarily online make when they play live?
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »

In a hospital?
Miss you at dtd torns, was good having battles on those occasions. You always seemed to 'sweat' a bit when I reached for my chips or was this part of your speech play? sean r

not a hospital.
I didn't realise I did so I guess i was generally sweating. I was probably just hoping you didn't bet too much!
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »

Hi Simon,

To put a face to screenname, we met in Dublin (the Scottish guy you bust from 1a), hopefully that clarifies:

I don't know if you are comfortable sharing your thoughts about specific hands in a public forum, but if you are you should discuss the 4 bet pot you played against Sean from Ireland on Day 1a of the WPT, because that is definitely one of the more interesting spots I have witnessed/discussed recently.

Going back to not grinding online tournaments, regardless of your previous lack of enjoyment, do you not feel that you might be sacrificing a serious source of potential earnings and crucially a way to significantly reduce variance, especially because of the resources you have in terms of friends of yours who are good online regulars?

More general question: As someone whose main game is live tournaments, what do you think some of the biggest mistakes people who play primarily online make when they play live?

Yes I remember, we shared a beer and pizzza after too. Well Bobbafett ate most of it tbf ;-)

1) This hand your talking about is probably the most complicated hand I played of the whole tourney. So many different thoughts/levels throughout the hand it would take me forever to discuss it on here. Maybe one for the PHA?

2) Maybe, yes. But I really don't enjoy sitting on the computer grinding, also I feel my edge live is being able to see me opponent and I rely so much on my live reads I don't even know if I'd do any good online. I was probably break even when online when I was playing before. I still play the odd sunday schedule if i'm home though.

3) Concentration. I see so many really good online players who just get bored playing live, they have their heads in their Ipads all day then it comes to a spot where they have no info on villain because they haven't been paying any attention. I don't even listen to Music at the table because I don't want to miss that 1 bit of information that may be crucial to me making a big call/fold.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »

Hi Simon, thanks for doing this. Very interesting read.

My question:

Do you think our recent run of success is a true reflection of your ability or do you think you've run incredibly well?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »

Yes we were actually taling about it recently, probably next summer we think. Ofcourse you can come!!
Best man is an interesting question? Would have to think about that one.
going to book vegas as soon as as schedule is out. probably go for 4 weeks again. Will be selling action i'm sure, will see if I can reach 300 post by then! Its really hard!!!!
let me have your pass word for the day and I will get you over 300 before midnight

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: