blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "In the Well" with Simon Deadman
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Simon Deadman  (Read 52063 times)
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013, 04:20:44 PM »

What did you do before poker? Do you think you will still be playing poker in 10 yrs?

Lets see if anyone can guess my job before poker? No one post if you already know though!

In a hospital?
Miss you at dtd torns, was good having battles on those occasions. You always seemed to 'sweat' a bit when I reached for my chips or was this part of your speech play? sean r

not a hospital.
 didn't realise I did so I guess i was generally sweating. I was probably just hoping you didn't bet too much!

Wrong choice of words... was referring to you verbally trying to persuade me not to bet rather than perspiring! Still remember that a3 34 (?) hand on the ft where i would have been ahead 99% of the time. Anyway good to see you hitting some solid results much deserved. Possibly a candidate for 2nd nicest player in poker?
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

Are u and Shola planning to get married?

Are u gonna have a stag do? Can I come?

Who would be your best man? Do I have a shot at it?

Plans for Vegas? Will you be selling action via certain staking boards?

Yes we were actually taling about it recently, probably next summer we think. Ofcourse you can come!!
Best man is an interesting question? Would have to think about that one.
going to book vegas as soon as as schedule is out. probably go for 4 weeks again. Will be selling action i'm sure, will see if I can reach 300 post by then! Its really hard!!!!
let me have your pass word for the day and I will get you over 300 before midnight

Yeah but its no good of he has a ban at the end of it
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2013, 04:25:45 PM »

Hi Simon, thanks for doing this. Very interesting read.

My question:

Do you think our recent run of success is a true reflection of your ability or do you think you've run incredibly well?

Oh ofcourse my wins have been down to loads of run-good. But having said that I keep putting myself in the spots to win. For a while I was making FT's but not running good on them, in February I made back to back FT's in DTD 770 and GUKPT walsall. Came 8th and 9th for not very much money. The 770 I lost chiplead pot AA v KK in pre to bust. TL900 can confirm vfhqbwrfhbwerbf!!!!!!!
But I don't know really, obviously I am running good but it can't be pure run good that I keep going deep, the run-good comes when u win the crucial flip with 13 left or something like I did in Dublin, 1010 vs KQs.
I guess we'll see if i'm still doing well this time next year, I feel like there's more to come but obviously confidence is sky high at the moment.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »

Are u and Shola planning to get married?

Are u gonna have a stag do? Can I come?

Who would be your best man? Do I have a shot at it?

Plans for Vegas? Will you be selling action via certain staking boards?

Yes we were actually taling about it recently, probably next summer we think. Ofcourse you can come!!
Best man is an interesting question? Would have to think about that one.
going to book vegas as soon as as schedule is out. probably go for 4 weeks again. Will be selling action i'm sure, will see if I can reach 300 post by then! Its really hard!!!!
let me have your pass word for the day and I will get you over 300 before midnight

Yeah but its no good of he has a ban at the end of it
Smiley   True

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »

What did you do before poker? Do you think you will still be playing poker in 10 yrs?

Lets see if anyone can guess my job before poker? No one post if you already know though!

In a hospital?
Miss you at dtd torns, was good having battles on those occasions. You always seemed to 'sweat' a bit when I reached for my chips or was this part of your speech play? sean r

not a hospital.
 didn't realise I did so I guess i was generally sweating. I was probably just hoping you didn't bet too much!

Wrong choice of words... was referring to you verbally trying to persuade me not to bet rather than perspiring! Still remember that a3 34 (?) hand on the ft where i would have been ahead 99% of the time. Anyway good to see you hitting some solid results much deserved. Possibly a candidate for 2nd nicest player in poker?

hmmm don't remember that, must of been a long time ago though, I cant remember the last time I spoke during a hand, unless its on the river and i'm closing the action. In that case I sometime do to try and get a read, actually I do this a lot.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »

The 770 I lost chiplead pot AA v KK in pre to bust. TL900 can confirm vfhqbwrfhbwerbf!!!!!!!

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »

No real question but just chiming in to say it's always been fun playing against you at the tables, congrats on your recent run and best of luck in 2013!

-ben dobson
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2013, 05:24:56 PM »

I won a flip against you once

/endbrag
fizix87

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2013, 05:36:52 PM »

Hi Simon,

To put a face to screenname, we met in Dublin (the Scottish guy you bust from 1a), hopefully that clarifies:

I don't know if you are comfortable sharing your thoughts about specific hands in a public forum, but if you are you should discuss the 4 bet pot you played against Sean from Ireland on Day 1a of the WPT, because that is definitely one of the more interesting spots I have witnessed/discussed recently.

Going back to not grinding online tournaments, regardless of your previous lack of enjoyment, do you not feel that you might be sacrificing a serious source of potential earnings and crucially a way to significantly reduce variance, especially because of the resources you have in terms of friends of yours who are good online regulars?

More general question: As someone whose main game is live tournaments, what do you think some of the biggest mistakes people who play primarily online make when they play live?

Yes I remember, we shared a beer and pizzza after too. Well Bobbafett ate most of it tbf ;-)

1) This hand your talking about is probably the most complicated hand I played of the whole tourney. So many different thoughts/levels throughout the hand it would take me forever to discuss it on here. Maybe one for the PHA?

2) Maybe, yes. But I really don't enjoy sitting on the computer grinding, also I feel my edge live is being able to see me opponent and I rely so much on my live reads I don't even know if I'd do any good online. I was probably break even when online when I was playing before. I still play the odd sunday schedule if i'm home though.

3) Concentration. I see so many really good online players who just get bored playing live, they have their heads in their Ipads all day then it comes to a spot where they have no info on villain because they haven't been paying any attention. I don't even listen to Music at the table because I don't want to miss that 1 bit of information that may be crucial to me making a big call/fold.

(1) I think it would be a really interesting hand to post, put it this way, usually when I bust a tournament I am not that interested in talking about hands other people played (as people I know can attest), whereas with that one I could have talked about it for longer than we did

(2) It has always been fascinating to me the way that these different perspectives exist because of the different ways people have come into poker.

I find your reference to enjoyment regarding online poker really interesting, while obviously on some level everybody that plays the game for a living started out because they enjoyed the game and its intricacies, I am not sure the extent to which anybody 'enjoys' the day in and day out of grinding online tournaments.

Clearly I can only speak for myself, I enjoy the freedom poker has given me in life, I obviously still enjoy the feeling of getting deep in a tournament but the everyday experience of playing, people don't call it grinding for no reason.

Anyway obviously you have had alot of success doing what you are doing so why change it

(3) I am definitely guilty of this, and I think it just stems from being used to playing lots of tables and making lots of decisions in quick succession, and basically having to re-train your brain for live poker where so much of the time you are not personally involved in hands.

I realise that this is does not really contain questions but just wanted to respond
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2013, 05:38:53 PM »

/endbrag
[/quote

I got him to fold the best hand once Smiley

Other than me, obv. Was there anyone you were concerned about at the recent CoC ft?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »

/endbrag
[/quote

Other than me, obv. Was there anyone you were concerned about at the recent CoC ft?

Nice to see you've adopted Simon's quoting style.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

/endbrag
[/quote

Nice to see you've adopted Simon's quoting style.

Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »

Refreshing to hear a young pro talk about learning and improving in a natural way by just watching people and talking to people about hands, kinda old school approach. Thread has potential.

However, people are losing the plot with quoting which is quite tilting.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »

/endbrag
[/quote

No not really. Just you ofcourse!
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »

Hello Simon,

Its Mitch here, sometimes I hide behind my screen name of 'Mitch' to stay anonymous, but I feel its time to come out of the shadows.

Enjoying reading your answers so far, my questions are as follows.

1) Can I arrange the stag do? (Don't tell Shola obv)

2) In any of the comps you have done well in lately, how many times do you think you have been all in for your tournament life with a total bluff. More of a post flop bluff where u have jammed turn with no hand because of a read or whatever, not 4betting all In pre with A4s etc.

3) Who have you got the most reliable tell on in poker?

4) Why do you feel you haven't really put much time into bigger live cash when you were grinding the lower limits for so long?

5) Can you come back for football more often, weve been losing.

Kthnxbai.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: