blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "In the Well" with Simon Deadman
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Simon Deadman  (Read 51857 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2013, 11:14:50 AM »

Are u and Shola planning to get married?

Are u gonna have a stag do? Can I come?

Who would be your best man? Do I have a shot at it?

Plans for Vegas? Will you be selling action via certain staking boards?

Yes we were actually taling about it recently, probably next summer we think. Ofcourse you can come!!
Best man is an interesting question? Would have to think about that one.
going to book vegas as soon as as schedule is out. probably go for 4 weeks again. Will be selling action i'm sure, will see if I can reach 300 post by then! Its really hard!!!!

10% please

What price round you bet yourself at in a Countdown
Challenge v Stato?

Having just met you a couple of times, you seem a really nice guy and pretty balanced. Do you ever degen? What's your worst every degeneracy incident?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »

Who is the worst player on the DTD Degens side?

Why does Cambridge Al not make the starting team?

Cos he's the answer to the first question!!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »

Cos he's the answer to the first question!!
Oi this is Deadman's well, ship an EPT or ANOTHER Monty and you can have one as well  Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »

really nice to see you doing so well & finally closing them out simon,

i know sponsorship deals are very thin on the ground these days but have you considered sniffing around or looking at one of those sites that claim to represent players?

pretty sure you'd be a great asset to somebody & it's worth striking whilst the iron is hot

Um to be honest I wouldn't know where to start or who to ask Julian.. Maybe you can put a word in at sky ;-) haha

Guys I will get to the rest of the questions later tonight or over the weekend. I'm playin 1b of the GPS today and like I said before I don't play about on my phone when I'm playing so I'll get to them as soon as I can. Some really good questions to answer as well.
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »

^^^^^^

Love that post, the one big thing I have learned from Mr Deadman is his concentration at the table. I can not remember who used this as an example of 'being at work, and all business head' but it is soo true.

Good luck today, although I doubt you need it. Fan boy, betts x

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »

I agree, it's without doubt a key reason to his success. It's so hard to just sit and watch every hand and not go on your phone / ipad / even listening to music like Simon says you can miss that one key bit of information that leads to a great call/fold. Pretty amazing how he can do it even in small tournaments.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2013, 10:40:54 AM »

What rating out of ten would you give the Jim Jarmusch directed movie 'Dead Man'?
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »

When faced woth big decisions, How much do you apply to studying/ discussing poker theory? Bad equilibrium, implied/reverse implied odds, bubble factors that are discussed in many books/ on forums/ training sites?

Or for example do you tend to stick to the pot odds, and reads only like many other live players?

Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »

When faced woth big decisions, How much do you apply to studying/ discussing poker theory? Bad equilibrium, implied/reverse implied odds, bubble factors that are discussed in many books/ on forums/ training sites?

Or for example do you tend to stick to the pot odds, and reads only like many other live players?

I don't really have much of a analytical mathematic approach to my live game other than the basics, my live success is mainly due to my live reads and my feel for the general game Flow and dynamics of all the different situations you come across when playing live poker.
Hope this answers your question. If I'm honest I didn't really understand a lot of the words you said. ;-)
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »

I don't really have much of a analytical mathematic approach to my live game other than the basics, my live success is mainly due to my live reads and my feel for the general game Flow and dynamics of all the different situations you come across when playing live poker.
Hope this answers your question. If I'm honest I didn't really understand a lot of the words you said. ;-)
Good answer Simon Smiley
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2013, 02:33:19 PM »

What would you swap all of your poker successes for?

Errr no idea.. Lots of stuff I guess. Poker isn't everything. Lots of more important things in life.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »

Hi Simon, in MTTs to what extent does the mix of players at the table affect your strategy? Are there certain types of players you'll deliberately avoid getting involved with, barring a premium holding or good price for your drawing/set mining type hands? How much importance do you place on the player(s) in the hand in relation to your position/starting hands?

Cheers!

Very good question. Yes, it's so important to know ur opponents when your playing, and know who to play which type of hands against. For example when someone really good 3bets you don't set mine unless really deep because u know they won't stack off even when u make a set. Yesterday I peeled a 4x 3bet oop against a guy because I would fairly confident if I made a set he would put 500bb's in with his obvious big pair, I missed my set (I know hard to believe right?) they guy then stacked off in similar spot vs someone else a little while later.
If I have a soft table and one good player I generally just avoid them where I can, so many players let their ego take over and try to prove they are better. I like to think I'm quite good at keeping my ego out of the equation. People often gift me chips trying to prove that they can outplay me, not that I'm complaining ;-)
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2013, 02:50:07 PM »

Pfft I only had 3 slices, I didn't touch that veg pizza :p

2 questions - now that you're not backed, have you noticed a difference when playing than to when you were backed? Any added pressure or whatever?

How did it feel to beat out Pleno for the blonde Calendar? Cheesy

No I haven't even noticed the difference. Maybe if I go on a downswing I will notice it more.

Pleno should post more, then he would stand a chance of making the cut.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »

Aside from Mitch's dinner flip what is the biggest extravagance you have bought after a bink?

1) I wouldn't like to say.. We are all pretty bad tho.
2) squad rotation.
3) just booked a long weekend in lanzarote with shola for valentines. Leave on Thursday, so if say that. Don't usually slash out too much to be honest.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »

Simon  great to see you doing so well. What I see is the point I think I made on a previous thread when Jason was asking for advice.When Simon plays a comp he is 100% going to 'work' . He prepares well, he is focussed,observant and has a high level of concentration. He understands the emotional dynamics on deep stack competitions and is both patient and aggressive. I had the pleasure of taking a walk on the prom in Blackpool with him,sharing a table in Blackpool as well as having the misfortune of having him on my table in Deauville. He has a great attitude to the game,money and life. He would be a great catch for any company looking to back someone and good luck on that score.
           As for a question? Well how is it that on 50:50 flips your results are 95:5. Is this part of your game you have worked on? :-)

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: