blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:42:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 146562 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2013, 06:33:09 PM »

Probably wouldn't have played Day 1 if I was in your position tbh.

You cleaned up in cash later?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »

I kinda just wanted to play with my friends, if that makes much sense :p Mate of mines dad made the trip down just to play that tournament, so I wanted to meet him too, it was a bit of an occasion. Also bearing in mind that I thought Id be a few hours late, not 4, and had it been just a few, id have still had over the average stack.

Cleaned up to the tune of +£10 Cheesy

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2013, 06:46:43 PM »

think most people respect your decision rexas, just i think most people thought you blew the chance at another lucky bink.
on a side note, im sure your mate whose dad came up to play will be delighted that you wanted to play with his old man instead of him, i know i would be!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »

I felt like I threw it away too, it was unbelievably frustrating to see the thing overrun and be basically watching my stack go down, it actually very nearly cost us the cup, i got pretty disheartened for a little while, certainly won't be doing the whole double booking thing again.

Plus, stop being a tit chris, you're included in the mates part lol.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »

ah well i feel honored, am glad thats cleared up. thought i was just there to make you look like a super high roller in comparison Wink

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2013, 07:02:54 PM »

Was reading your post expecting you to say that you'd eventually had to dump your mates to go and play poker.

Glad to see that you got your priorities right in the end.

Definitely shouldn't have played day 1 knowing that you had a prior commitment on day 2 but well done in making the correct life decision in the end.

Shame you let the poker get to you during the bowling but you can't have everything.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »

Had to give myself a pretty serious talking to after one sub par game, but pulled it back nicely after that. I just had a few minutes where I couldn't get the poker out of my head, but managed to get over it and perform for the rest of the day. Despite the disappointment etc, the whole thing was a very interesting experience where I guess I learnt a fair bit about myself and about a need to make some better planning arrangements in the future :p Plan to plan!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »

evil
Was reading your post expecting you to say that you'd eventually had to dump your mates to go and play poker.

you seem to forget evil pie, that he dumped his mates playing poker to go bowling. seems very hypocritical to me!!!!! 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:10:10 PM by verndog158 » Logged

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »

evil

you seem to forget evil pie, that he dumped his mates playing poker to go bowling. seems very hypocritical to me!!!!! 

Totally different. Poker's not a team sport so it's basically no more than a get together. You only see each other at the breaks anyway and even then you just waffle about bad beats and hand histories.

Definitely made the right choice.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »

was totally tongue in cheek! we discussed it on the drive back to loughborough, and as matts life coach i assured him the decision was the right one!! think most were disappointed to see his stack going down while he wasnt there, from such a strong position. well, apart from the others at is table who seemed quite happy that the large stack was being blinded out!

adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »

evil

Totally different. Poker's not a team sport so it's basically no more than a get together. You only see each other at the breaks anyway and even then you just waffle about bad beats and hand histories.

Definitely agree with you totally. I think his decision was solid, just unfortunate that the bowling ran longer than expected, just variance i guess Tongue

I also agree with matt playing day 1 for the reasons given. Its usually just me and him from loughborough that grind the tournaments but this time we had two other friends and one of their dads, so it was a very nice occasion regardless. So really he satisfied all sectors of his friendship obligations, the only thing that suffered was his chance to bink 12k, but for all we know he may have run AA into KK first hand of day 2 and guy binks a king and he is out a lot earlier than he was.

So kudos to matt on his decision

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:33 PM »

evil

Definitely agree with you totally. I think his decision was solid, just unfortunate that the bowling ran longer than expected, just variance i guess Tongue

I also agree with matt playing day 1 for the reasons given. Its usually just me and him from loughborough that grind the tournaments but this time we had two other friends and one of their dads, so it was a very nice occasion regardless. So really he satisfied all sectors of his friendship obligations, the only thing that suffered was his chance to bink 12k, but for all we know he may have run AA into KK first hand of day 2 and guy binks a king and he is out a lot earlier than he was.

So kudos to matt on his decision
Ditto. the tips worked well last night pal

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »

Bowling is awesome, def the right choice imo and rugby is a nice place to bowl Wink

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2013, 04:17:46 AM »

think nothing of it mate, all been there trying to do everything. Yup  you effectively spunked about £750 worth of equity off but such is life just put it down to being a bit silly and move on.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2013, 04:46:30 AM »

Definitely made the right decision, and I like your reason for playing Day1.

Glad you didn't comment about the Scottish donkey on your table. Phew.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: