blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 146629 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2013, 04:51:14 AM »

think nothing of it mate, all been there trying to do everything. Yup  you effectively spunked about £750 worth of equity off but such is life just put it down to being a bit silly and move on.

Sick rubs itt, not sure this was the best move Matt, commentary was good and I'm sure you want ROFL again :d

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »

Thanks for the feedback everybody!

This week so far has been fun. Managed to find a properly incredible game at alea on Monday, where sitting down with the max £300 in 1/1 was basically a short stack, and money was jumping around the table like I've never seen before. Managed to lose for that day. One particularly interesting hand of note, that went up in the HH section of this. In writing, it looks like a very standard fold, but at the time given body language and previous experience of the guys play it seemed like a very standard call. So, I called a shove on  two hearts three clubs three diamonds with  , and got shown  . Ez game, sometimes.

Yesterday was another one of those days where you end up just wanting to smash your head against a wall. Was sat on a great table in a good spot, and adapted my usual style into playing much more of a big bet/raise to iso etc style as the table seemed to demand it, and really I don't think I made a mistake for the night. Just got it in with a  on    after check raising the flop and continuing on the turn, only to get shoved on by  who makes the backdoor flush, loving the 5% flop equity of that pure float that got there. Also made a fold in an interesting hand with a dtd reg, where I make it 18 over a raise and a call from the SB with  . BB peels the 18, and the other two fold. We see a  flop, continue for 28, get called, see a turn  , are literally sick everywhere, check call (hate this call) a very quick bet of 50, and then see a  on the end, and check tank fold to a shove. Really struggled to put the villain on a hand, seems like something didn't quite make sense about it. Ended up basically calling the clock on myself so I didn't make a very bad call, as Mr. 5.0 once said, sometimes they just have it.

Somehow, through all this, I was still up for the night by a fair amount, until we flop a set with  again on a  board, and get involved in a three way all in against two people who have flopped the nuts for a pretty big pot. Sometimes I wonder what actually is my life. Very disheartening to have played another day where I don't feel like I made a proper mistake all night, save maybe the turn call with KQ, only to find the deck refusing to let me catch a break for more than a few hands. Hopefully will continue to play well though, as always the support from people at dtd while you're having a bad day is astronomical. Very disappointed that I let this get to me, especially after recent discussions with some very profound people. Apparently the action in the last hand was quite funny. On the flop in a limped pot, we see a lead out of 5 into a pot of like 7, a call, we make it 19 with 77, its made 51 behind me, original raiser makes it like 120, fold, we jam, call, call. "I have the nuts right now", "yeah, so do I" (slight pause...) "oh for fucks sake...." :p

Considering playing the ROE tonight, although I'm having very strong second thoughts about the value in essentially a £100 tournament with a 20 min clock that, given the structure that I assume it will be operating on, will very quickly descend into a £100 crapshoot. For all those fond of multiway omaha flips, head on down to dtd tonight! Seriously though, making basically all the tournaments reloads and then having such a short clock is really affecting the value for someone like me who is playing to make money more than just for fun. Even though the actual tournaments look very interesting, the price and the clock are just destroying the attraction for me. Will defo be playing cash long into the night, stacking dependant, either way.

Final note, I will be selling action for two bullets in both the GPS and the ISPT. ISPT is practically all gone save a % being held back on request, but details of the remainder and of the GPS will be going up here soon. I will be selling at face value, defo don't think I'm anywhere near proven enough to be selling at a mark up.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2013, 06:33:49 PM »

oriiginal raiser makes it like 120, fold, we jam, call, call. "I have the nuts right now", "yeah, so do I" (slight pause...) "oh for fucks sake...." :p

HAHAHAHAHAHA this is sooo funny, this is so you matt it's ridiculous Wink
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:27:00 PM by adiman999 » Logged

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

So, played the ISPT satellite yesterday, very nearly played a perfect game (i think) and combined with that had a bunch of people get it all in against me practically drawing dead, good times Smiley Made some pretty crazy folds and made use of some good reads. Got it in with 88 on  three clubs vs QQ for a massive pot, pot was like 6 x the average stack and i still had chips behind. Had 66 on 6 7 10 vs a big overshove from a guy with nearly double average, which I called to get shown his Q 10. Last one, had 87 on 885/7/A and the guy basically shoved on me, and called off the extra, on the river with QQ. Ez game sometimes.

Was well on the way to having over 1mil for day 2, until we get to the last level of the day and I turn middle two, and get it in vs top and middle. He went for the proper slow roll too, wasn't best impressed, terrible etiquette. Have played with the guy before as well, sincerely hope he doesn't do that too often, else he'll find himself being very unpopular in this game. All in all, through to Wembley with an average stack, starting the day with 250bbs. Good times Smiley

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »

Also, had to miss out on a ridiculous cash game, probably the worst I've ever seen but also the best, made up entirely of heros and proven winning players at one point. Think they needed me to come and throw some money at them Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »

He went for the proper slow roll too, wasn't best impressed, terrible etiquette. Have played with the guy before as well, sincerely hope he doesn't do that too often, else he'll find himself being very unpopular in this game.

How did you react to this hand Matt?

stirthepot

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »

He went for the proper slow roll too, wasn't best impressed, terrible etiquette. Have played with the guy before as well, sincerely hope he doesn't do that too often, else he'll find himself being very unpopular in this game.

How did you react to this hand Matt?

stirthepot

Sigh....

The older I get, the better I was.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2013, 06:12:59 PM »

I know... At least I walked away before I had a bit of a go. Wasn't so much the hand, was more the insane slowroll. My temperament is rubbish Sad

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

I know... At least I walked away before I had a bit of a go. Wasn't so much the hand, was more the insane slowroll. My temperament is rubbish Sad

Do you want to talk about it?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »

like last time mate, put it all here... for yourself.

adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2013, 10:30:25 PM »

HAHAHAHA this! Matt the "do you want to talk about it" has actually gone down as dtd legend now haha

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2013, 11:06:27 PM »

Any update on recent cash games coming?

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2013, 12:22:57 AM »

i think hes been crushing online this week ian, rumour has it he chopped a tourny for 9 dollars last night? yet ive only heard it from the horses mouth, so likely to be complete bullsh!t!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »

Any update on recent cash games coming?

haha rubs itt

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile