blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 146641 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »

Had a couple of little breakthroughs over the past few days.

Managed to play when I was too tired to do so on wednesday, realised, and on the last hand I was playing for the night shat away my entire stack, including a fairly healthy profit.

Played yesterday in Gala, which was fun. Had a pretty bad run of cards, lost a flip or two and played one hand badly I think, where I should have flatted the guys 4 bet and allowed him to stack off on the flop. Played the hand well in a vacuum, just badly against that given player, although in my defence it was kinda early in the night. Then we get cold decked by adrian, when we turn second set and get it in vs his top set. Bad times. After two reloads, I finally win a hand or two, and am well on my way back to being even for the day. Then, after stacking a reg with a flopped set, we get pretty blatantly accused of collusion. This is the third time I've ever been accused of this, and I can assure you it's not very much fun. We were assured by various people that noone took any notice of the accusations, and tbh it's pretty obvious that we don't given how hard we go at each other in hands sometimes, but yeah, not nice.

The breakthrough has come in an attitude change. Over the last few weeks I've been doing my utmost to try and calm down as a person, and although I haven't fully eliminated reactions to big hands that I lose, I feel like I'm reacting considerably better and actually feeling considerably better about losing. Small personal victory I suppose, but with any luck, I'll be able to build on this and learn to take the swings that come as a major part of the game in a much more positive way.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »

Need some advice from some forum veterans. I'm frankly rubbish at this internet forum thing. Seems to me like peoples personalities, myself included, are way stronger online than face to face. Seems like a lot of things I say are taken in completely the wrong way, and vice versa. I pretty much stuck to just posting on the diaries section, mainly just on my own, for my first few months on blonde, and kinda wish I'd kept it that way. Probably will from now on, every post seems seconds away from offending someone and starting a pretty pointless argument.

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »

every post seems seconds away from offending someone and starting a pretty pointless argument.

Welcome to the Internet bud.
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »

Had a couple of little breakthroughs over the past few days.

Then, after stacking a reg with a flopped set, we get pretty blatantly accused of collusion. This is the third time I've ever been accused of this, and I can assure you it's not very much fun. We were assured by various people that noone took any notice of the accusations, and tbh it's pretty obvious that we don't given how hard we go at each other in hands sometimes, but yeah, not nice.

I found having to listen to these accusations after you guys had left pretty ridiculous tbh.  As you said just look at the last two days, the way that you and Adrian have been going at each other, although iirc the last hand on Wednesday didn't happen.  Nevertheless I made it clear that this would just never happen between you guys Smiley

Oh and cheers for the rubdowns Mr 6288 Smiley

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »

What did they accuse you of btw? And who was it? Did dealer say anything? Call floor etc?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

Basically, I stacked a well known reg, and he then got pretty pissy and made a comment about me and adrian always sitting together and whispering, which is funny in itself because he has said before that I talk too much :p I basically said we werent talking about the game, and he then basically went off on one about how we were obviously cheating together. I bought up the fact that Adrian has stacked me for the better part of 700 in the last two days, and he laughed and said that he would give it back in the car park. Apparently, when we left, he continued to discuss this with everyone else at the table. It is bothering me quite a bit, I think it's fairly obvious that we don't cheat and all that, but I really don't like the idea that even one person thinks that we do. Reputation is so important in this game, and mine is pretty poor with quite a few people as it is, so I don't feel I can really afford to have it tarnished too much more. The floor staff assured us that they didn't believe any of it, but still, the response of others at the table was certainly not in our favour. I wasn't there to hear what was said afterwards, obviously, which kinda makes it more frustrating that someone would go to that sort of length to get at me for stacking him, which is really what I feel this is about. Will also point out that I was still losing fairly heavily for the game at this point.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:09:47 PM by Rexas » Logged

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »

It's pretty standard to get accused of chopping it with friends in the car park, seems to happen whenever anyone frequents a gala.

Tell reg to proof or stfu. Floor's opinion is the one that matters, he's prob just bitter a fish stacked him Wink

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »

its not nice mate, ive been accused of cheating in 5 quid pub game i was playing with my dad, i know outrageous right. only thing you can do when it comes to reputation is dont do something yourself to affect it. the guys who you know you best, myself included, aswell as all the others know that youd never cheat, and thats all that matters.
i can vouch for the guys here, i share the car home with them all the time and no money is ever exchanged, well i might lie a little bit. whoever wins the most has to buy macdonalds, but i think thats fair! i always get a free big mac!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »

v standard at gala, esp when you're relatively unknown and new to the circuit. just humour them, don't rise to it. if its regs theyll soon stfu, if its randoms, meh, doesnt matter.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »

whoever wins the most has to buy macdonalds, but i think thats fair! i always get a free big mac!!

Shocker!

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2013, 12:41:22 AM »

First game of Marris Bingo has commenced. I have the over on 12 points between now and 1am. He's stuck £600 so far so I like my side!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2013, 01:40:27 AM »

First game of Marris Bingo has commenced. I have the over on 12 points between now and 1am. He's stuck £600 so far so I like my side!

What is his life? Wink

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »

He was too aware of it. Must do it in secret next time.

Also must not double Matt up anymore times this weekend.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »

Yeh he is never going to react like the true matt would when he is aware of the goings on of marris bingo

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2013, 02:11:53 AM »

UNLUCKY Wink

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: