blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 147496 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »

Would like to add my opinion, and readers please bear in mind that i am a close friend of Matt, so you might think this is biased towards him, however, these are my views generally.
Whats the point of having a blog if your not supposed to voice what you really think. It isnt general forum as such, and it is entitled a blog, which is designed so people can say what they think. Id love to go through all the other blogs on here and pick out some things people have said about others that would be far worse than anything Matt has said, however i have half a life to lead. Also seems like some of the comments on here would never be posted on other of the blogs, just seems to me that as matt isnt as an established reg that hes more of an easy target, just seems like theres a lot of selective posting on here. He called it a bowl comp, jeeez, maybe we should chop his chip shuffling finger off?
Not sure hes got a lot to apologize for, he had a go at a guy for an awful play, and wasnt personal really, and if he cant voice his thoughts like that on his own blog, then maybe he should shut it up like other ones have recently. If thats the way its going to be and they all go then alot of people would literally have nothing to do with their lives.
Please feel free to give me as much stick back. I guess overall, i think that constructive criticism is fine, but just having a go? meehhh my advice to those guys would be that that their comments should be 'tight4better'.

Trust me, if I said anything like Matt said I'd get 10x the amount of hate Matt has. Belton got shit for saying stuff like this. It's nothing to do with Matt being lesser known.

I get people calling me out when I have had an hours sleep less than I've said I have. I got called out for saying a comp was soft!

2/3 years ago I was pretty naive / ignorant when it came to all this stuff and  I used to get all kinds of flack for it. And it made me quickly realise how bad it is. Yes it's Matt's blog he can say what he likes, but if he wants to be respected amongst the community (professionals and recreationals) then he'll quickly realise it too (and it looks like he has/is so wp).

Honestly I cringe sooo bad at the early pages of my diary how I used to write about people and disrespect them.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2013, 05:40:38 PM »

Posh boy speech !
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »

Also, what are your thoughts on the  hand in regards to reverse implied odds vs regs OOP?

Damn, I knew this was coming...

I thought reverse implied odds were for people that couldn't play after the flop? I was actually check folding the river, but I expected you to check back a reasonable amount too. I was also planning on making two pair if I wasn't sure of what to do, and that plan worked as well as I could hope.

Should perhaps ask Neil how he feels about peeling three bets with easily dominated hands too :p

WHALE ITT.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »

Would like to add my opinion, and readers please bear in mind that i am a close friend of Matt, so you might think this is biased towards him, however, these are my views generally.
Whats the point of having a blog if your not supposed to voice what you really think. It isnt general forum as such, and it is entitled a blog, which is designed so people can say what they think. Id love to go through all the other blogs on here and pick out some things people have said about others that would be far worse than anything Matt has said, however i have half a life to lead. Also seems like some of the comments on here would never be posted on other of the blogs, just seems to me that as matt isnt as an established reg that hes more of an easy target, just seems like theres a lot of selective posting on here. He called it a bowl comp, jeeez, maybe we should chop his chip shuffling finger off?
Not sure hes got a lot to apologize for, he had a go at a guy for an awful play, and wasnt personal really, and if he cant voice his thoughts like that on his own blog, then maybe he should shut it up like other ones have recently. If thats the way its going to be and they all go then alot of people would literally have nothing to do with their lives.
Please feel free to give me as much stick back. I guess overall, i think that constructive criticism is fine, but just having a go? meehhh my advice to those guys would be that that their comments should be 'tight4better'.

Trust me, if I said anything like Matt said I'd get 10x the amount of hate Matt has. Belton got shit for saying stuff like this. It's nothing to do with Matt being lesser known.

I get people calling me out when I have had an hours sleep less than I've said I have. I got called out for saying a comp was soft!

2/3 years ago I was pretty naive / ignorant when it came to all this stuff and  I used to get all kinds of flack for it. And it made me quickly realise how bad it is. Yes it's Matt's blog he can say what he likes, but if he wants to be respected amongst the community (professionals and recreationals) then he'll quickly realise it too (and it looks like he has/is so wp).

Honestly I cringe sooo bad at the early pages of my diary how I used to write about people and disrespect them.

Alex, only the ones you win right?  Wink
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »

Also, what are your thoughts on the  hand in regards to reverse implied odds vs regs OOP?

Damn, I knew this was coming...

I thought reverse implied odds were for people that couldn't play after the flop? I was actually check folding the river, but I expected you to check back a reasonable amount too. I was also planning on making two pair if I wasn't sure of what to do, and that plan worked as well as I could hope.

Should perhaps ask Neil how he feels about peeling three bets with easily dominated hands too :p

WHALE ITT.

Click to see full-size image.

Just whaling about Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »

Just read through this diary and I am enjoying it.

What I am not enjoying is the last 4 pages of constant, inane back and forth about one comment.

The comment was mildly derogatory.  No more, no less.  The vultures swooping and pecking at our hero was unwarranted and over the top.

I stop reading diaries if they get boring, if I feel the author is merely venting their frustration, or if I get seriously offended by something written.

This diary is not boring, it is well balanced and anyone getting offended by mentions of not cashing in bowl comps really must get some perspective in their life.

Keep up the good work.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »

Just read through this diary and I am enjoying it.

What I am not enjoying is the last 4 pages of constant, inane back and forth about one comment.

The comment was mildly derogatory.  No more, no less.  The vultures swooping and pecking at our hero was unwarranted and over the top.

I stop reading diaries if they get boring, if I feel the author is merely venting their frustration, or if I get seriously offended by something written.

This diary is not boring, it is well balanced and anyone getting offended by mentions of not cashing in bowl comps really must get some perspective in their life.

Keep up the good work.

Hi there Richard, welcome to the diary! Thanks for this, genuinely made my day.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »

Although, I agree 4 pages is quite an excessive amount to be talking about one thing!

Most action the diary has ever seen Cheesy

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »

I understand Alex, was just trying to get across my point. I havent followed the early pages of your diary, have had an obscene number of library books to return 
haha, but did enjoy your vegas blog! i agree with a previous post, about how it has been all blown out of proportion in all honesty! blogs will get very boring if people become very scared of what people have to say. however, it seems general consensus is im wrong! ah well time to donk away this 8max micro mill! keep up the work rexas!! think you should call it a 'beaker'comp from now on! 

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »

Matthew as one of the guys who plays these a lot, I'll be honest I didn't really take your comments to heart, and I whilst I can see why people may be offended I think that this has been blown massively out of proportion.  I think it is now time to move on.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:54:22 PM by EvenIThoughtIHadTheSet » Logged

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »

Best. Photo. Ever. Also, love what you've saved the image as :p

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »

Any interesting hands last night?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »

On a non poker note, how was your first year at uni in general?

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »

As per request, one or two Wink

Played a fun one with Nik an Alex where I called a squeeze with   , got it in on the flop and made a flush.

Played a somewhat less fun with with Fred where I click back three bet the flop with an overpair, he called, and I pretty much knew he had a set but the good old sticky to pairs thing happened again, despite promising myself it wouldn't. So I moved in on the turn. Like a fool. Meh, nhsir :p The mistake of clicking back the flop should actually have saved me for sure, if I didn't already know that he must have been very strong. Guess I am the worst :p

Played the least fun one of the night by some way with Mitch and a random. We make it 6 over a straddle with QQ, Fred next door makes it 20 pretty much right away, mitch calls next to him on the button, and everyone else left to act calls too. Gets back to me, I make it 125. Fred folds, Mitch shoves for like 300+, another guy calls for like 100+, we also call confident that we are ahead. The hands we are up against are AK and 910cc. Guess who has which hand? To help, he has to my knowledge never cashed more than a standard "baller" comp, and the flop came 678. Turn was a Q, just to rub it in. Nh, wpsir, gg. Left the game immediately following that hand, went to alea and proceeded to run over the table and minimise my losses for the day. O well, back to it tonight.

Must play better. Lots better.

adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2013, 04:09:46 PM »

I really don't like your use of the term "baller comp" I feel it alienates the smaller buyin players and is just completely ool IMO! Please refrain from such comments in your own blog from now

Kthanksbye

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: