blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 147330 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »

good luck hellmuth of nottingham

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2013, 01:03:15 PM »

So I turn up, walk off to the bar, and what do I see? Half of eureka and Gascoigne junior having scampi and chips. Welcome to Southend, lads Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »

We have currently seen 4 flops and won two pots to be a little over what we started with. In more interesting news, I've spotted someone who looks very much like a picken.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »

We have currently seen 4 flops and won two pots to be a little over what we started with. In more interesting news, I've spotted someone who looks very much like a picken.

Good to see someone else repping the jewfro! Gl!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »

Starting to struggle a tad, not really anything worth a mention just a standard load of missed flops and blinding out, got 15k going into 250/500/50

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »

Getting towards the 15bb territory, still grinding it out.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »

Well, unfortunately we are busto. Moved in playing about 15 bbs from the button with 87dd into eso kral's bb, he has two tens, we do not win. Back for the ride tomorrow, glgl to me Smiley

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »

Well, second bullet cannot have gone much worse. Villain decides to peel a 4bet from the small blind vs my cut off with 86, and rivers a flush where I make trips. Got about 15k heading towards the first break.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 02:58:03 PM by Rexas » Logged

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »

Well, second bullet cannot have gone much worse. Table protard decides to peel a 4bet from the small blind vs my cut off with 86, and rivers a flush where I make trips. Wish I could understand how these people think a little better.

As I already say before u start playing . STOP TILTING .
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2013, 02:42:48 PM »

Haha I'm fine Frankie, guy next to me is trying to tilt me and it's had the total opposite effect Smiley

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2013, 12:19:59 AM »

What happened ?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2013, 01:22:24 AM »

Sorry guys, evidently my update didn't actually send, been on the phone all day. Unfortunately we bust out fairly early, got it in with a straight draws, flush draws and overcards with AQ and didn't get there. Apologies to the backing team, shame this is the first GPS where I haven't made day 2.

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2013, 03:22:41 AM »

Sorry guys, evidently my update didn't actually send, been on the phone all day. Unfortunately we bust out fairly early, got it in with a straight draws, flush draws and overcards with AQ and didn't get there. Apologies to the backing team, shame this is the first GPS where I haven't made day 2.

Chhhjjkknkkjgufgkmjfjjggjjklbvfyijjljgu
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »

Staking

Following my exit from the GPS Southend, an event which I have been looking forward to and pretty desperate to run deep in since it was announced, I decided to comfort-buy a car wash. This gave me a little time to do some thinking about what the event meant to me, and I ended up coming to a few conclusions about staking. Since there have been a lot of questions/threads on this topic lately, I'll share my thoughts on here.

In total, I sold 50% of my action for the GPS. I'm not properly rolled for this event, so financially, selling this much action made sense. I will never sell more than 50% of myself for an event. This is my cut off point, if I'm that under-rolled for an event then I simply won't play it. For me at least, a huge part of the learning curve for this game is grinding the shit out of it so you can afford to move up the stakes. This is why I didn't play the Monte Carlo this year, for example.

I've seen it written that being staked takes away some of the pressure. This, I massively disagree with. Frankly, it feels fantastic that people are confident enough in my ability as a player to put up there own money to allow me to play, essentially betting on me to succeed in the tournament. It's a very humbling feeling. When I then turn up to play, I want to affirm their belief in me. I enjoy going up to people after I've cashed and paying them their share, because it justify's their gamble not only to them, but to me as well. When I lose a big pot, I don't sit there and punt it in at the first opportunity, I do the very best I can to fight with the stack I've got left. Noone likes busting, but it feels a little worse to then have to tell the team about it, and this really is added motivation to think and play well.

In answer to those questioning why I'm not selling at a mark up, it's not because I don't believe my "edge" in the tournament is worth it. If I didn't believe I was good enough to win, then I wouldn't be playing. I do believe, however, that I'm not yet proven enough to sell at a mark up. I think it's much more sensible for me to keep selling at face value for the time being, until I rack up a few more results. I also think too many people expect too much from their backers, and I'd kinda like to start out giving everyone willing to buy pieces of me the best deal possible.

As such, I will be playing the side event today, and freerolling the GPS team in said event. First place should be somewhere in the region of 8k. Gl me!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:43:04 PM by Rexas » Logged

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »

Well, the side event has started similarly to the main, having the bottom of my range in a few yucky spots. Plus side, I just made someone fold a pair Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: