blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Two pair in 3 bet pot, live £1/£1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two pair in 3 bet pot, live £1/£1  (Read 2209 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »

having played in these specific games a lot.

Never 3bting anything without a sooted A or K pre, always bigger than £14.

please expand.

Pls don't, it is likely to hurt.

Feeling the love guys..

I mean by this, I'm not 3bt-ing any sooted cards that don't have either the K or the A of the suit in them... purely because we don't get enough folds in these games in my experience.  They will be peeling with almost all suited hands and therefore I want to stack off with all flush draws in most situations.  We will mostly have an overcard or tp + draw... making us a flip at worst vs the majority of most peoples ranges and often crushing when they have a sd + fd combo.

horrible thinking?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »

But flatting means we only get a good chance of winning the pot when we hit it...

mostly yes... because these games are really really weak..

the way we beat these games isn't by making people fold, its by value betting and bluff catching when they blowup!
(wish I could hear myself sometimes)

Keylek

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 05:30:36 PM »

But flatting means we only get a good chance of winning the pot when we hit it...

mostly yes... because these games are really really weak..

the way we beat these games isn't by making people fold, its by value betting and bluff catching when they blowup!
(wish I could hear myself sometimes)

Yeah I mean I'm not going to go into too much detail as theres not very much point but imho 3 betting J9s to an amount where you are basically always going to receive 2 callers is not a good play, esp when at least one you think is clearly good and rolled for the game. Hand is a nice but not great hand, the position is sweet.. A5o or something I would understand. This is from years of playing and doing not just talking nonsense. One of the main points is the person you're 3 betting, it could be fine isoing a fish with this hand but not a good player.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:45:59 PM by Keylek » Logged
Keylek

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 05:34:35 PM »

Not really, you get checked to sometimes, you can bluff raise stuff that isn't good enough to call - weaker pairs/gutshots/air and you can hit draws/nice hands. When you flat you get alot more information on the flop about your opponents likely hand strengths. You are more able to gauge bet sizings/timings + board texture and decide whether your image is good enough to represent something stronger or whether you have implied odds or to take a free card etc. If you 3bet, you  lose relative position - the hand will likely get checked to whether they have hit or not and you will have a more difficult time folding out pairs etc.

I'm not saying 3betting isn't profitable though, alot of the time people will flat and just fold flops. Having the initiative is a bit easier but its also overrated, particularly with more money behind.

All of this, even what black said and more - esp in this particular stake game.
Keylek

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »

having played in these specific games a lot.

Never 3bting anything without a sooted A or K pre, always bigger than £14.

please expand.

Pls don't, it is likely to hurt.

Feeling the love guys..

I mean by this, I'm not 3bt-ing any sooted cards that don't have either the K or the A of the suit in them... purely because we don't get enough folds in these games in my experience.  They will be peeling with almost all suited hands and therefore I want to stack off with all flush draws in most situations.  We will mostly have an overcard or tp + draw... making us a flip at worst vs the majority of most peoples ranges and often crushing when they have a sd + fd combo.

horrible thinking?

Over-thinking I think, but certainly not horrible.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:40:15 PM by Keylek » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: