blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Back in Notts...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back in Notts...  (Read 38701 times)
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »

Faded the 4th attempt at winning a deep stack seat after bricking the Super50 again yesterday. 3rd time this week I've got AJs in vs 1010 for the world and lost. My statistical deviance for not winning at least 45% of these is mind boggling, especially after i'm meant to run 'golden'. I feel George was giving me a rub down too after dealing me AA the very next hand with < 1k chips remaining. Managed to put in a solid 7 hour Grind on 2-2 PLO though and thankfully we tend to do better with 4 cards. Lots of hands of interest and enjoyed some of the tough spots and trapping to finally get to a well needed green session.
Think i'll be taking a break until the end of January now with my January exams coming up, which is a shame because my morale is at a high after knocking it in during December.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:29:11 PM by Derbylad » Logged
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »

Faded the 4th attempt at winning a deep stack seat after bricking the Super50 again yesterday. 3rd time this week I've got AJs in vs 1010 for the world and lost. My statistical deviance for not winning at least 45% of these is mind boggling, especially after i'm meant to run 'golden'. I feel George was giving me a rub down too after dealing me AA the very next hand with < 1k chips remaining. Managed to put in a solid 7 hour Grind on 2-2 PLO though and thankfully we tend to do better with 4 cards. Lots of hands of interest and enjoyed some of the tough spots and trapping to finally get to a well needed green session.
Think i'll be taking a break until the end of January now with my January exams coming up, which is a shame because my morale is at a high after knocking it in during December.

you not mean, you run 'gholden'? Wink Cheesy

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2014, 07:14:53 PM »

Seems a lot of people are doing a Favorite Song of the week etc... for the new year so i'll join in the hype to delve into the musical mind of a Loughborough student.
This weeks playlist...

Current favorite house track...

Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »

Inspired by Alex trying to name 10 rappers... Childish Gambino - 3005

Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »

Ended up playing live last night after Steve wanted a lift to the club and a shot at the DS seat. I ended up coming 7th in it after being card dead at the FT and running JQ into AK. Had a tonne of interesting hands but i can't deny i flopped pretty well a bunch of times. After giving the boys a spin on 1/2....4/8/16 we lost 1010<AK to a splashy Korean and then headed to GALA/Grosvenor. To say we ran the table over is an understatement and i ended up killing the game in about half an hour due to some solid run good. 7s7d > Qh8h on 9c7h9h then QQ > JJ > 77 AIP for a chunk. Rounded off the weekend nicely and a good start to the New Year.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:27:39 PM by Derbylad » Logged
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2014, 01:35:07 AM »

Ended up playing live last night after Steve wanted a lift to the club and a shot at the DS seat. I ended up coming 7th in it after being card dead at the FT and running JQ into AK. Had a tonne of interesting hands but i can't deny i flopped pretty well a bunch of times. After giving the boys a spin on 1/2....4/8/16 we lost 1010<AK to a splashy Korean and then headed to GALA/Grosvenor. To say we ran the table over is an understatement and i ended up killing the game in about half an hour due to some solid run good. 7s7d > Qh8h on 9c7h9h then QQ > JJ > 77 AIP for a chunk. Rounded off the weekend nicely and a good start to the New Year.

And we luck box the comp by getting AA 5/6 times on FT table ! Wp
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2014, 11:44:08 PM »

And we luck box the comp by getting AA 5/6 times on FT table ! Wp

Yeah bit of a crazy tournament. Some V. strange folds pre flop.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2014, 07:27:48 PM »

A day in the life of Fred Wise....

Yesterday was the most ridiculous session I've ever had at OFC. There comes a certain morality of letting people try and 'PLAY' out of it, but after spending far too many hours in Grosvenor card room i ended 2200 points up.... (rounded  down). Play was 4 handed with 2's Wild with some pretty crazy swings going around. The hand of the night...

Click to see full-size image.

In other news...

Congratz to Verndog for satelliting the GPS seat. Bring a flag home to Loughborough please.
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2014, 10:38:15 PM »

I felt ill looking at this picture BEFORE i even knew it was deuces wild....with that information....holy christ...

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2014, 03:07:12 AM »

Ha thanks GHoldem, i shall certainly try. Seems like the poker Gods want me to have a good shot at it, only binked another seat at the club tonight the 25 rebuy! #thin

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2014, 09:33:24 AM »

I felt ill looking at this picture BEFORE i even knew it was deuces wild....with that information....holy christ...

Terrible play if deuces aren't wild...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »

Terrible play if deuces aren't wild...

Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2014, 03:17:59 PM »

2000 word report on Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization done..... time for cards.... preferably 4.

Anyone who's a fan of Route 94 time to take a step back and relive one of their first understated releases...

Gratz to verndog in bagging up 130k for the GPS and Matt's flying the flag for the Loughborough lads today too.
I might flick it in for the £150 side today however the cash games will likely capture my attention.

Hoping to see some of the London heroes I've not seen in a while as well, with some big names in the lineups.  
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2014, 02:03:36 AM »

I've definitely been lagging on my own diary as of late, but my exams have been taking a front foot over poker. I've finally got my last exam on Thursday and it's the one I've been least looking forward to.... 3 hours.... 3 essays all encompassing "Strategic Management". Why educational institutions still provide these exam formats is a bit beyond me, particularly in your Final Year of study. Most of the knowledge you acquire at uni should be about applying your skills however these memory test style exams really don't show replication to industry; more who can memorize a textbook and write quicker then everyone else. To give a broader context to the exam it's a 100% exam worth 20 credits which is 1/6th of my year. So this exam alone is worth 12.5% of my entire university career.

Poker wise i'm looking forward to the next few weeks. Planning to play a lot of the tournaments at Dusk starting with the incredible 100 on Saturday. Hopefully i'll find a means to satellite into the deep-stack and then a few friends are coming down to play the Grand Prix during February. All going well i'm planning a London visit too, so February is likely to be my biggest volume month in a long while, which i really am stoked for.... the last time i planned to put this much volume in was when Dusk ran the "goldmine" that was the live cash game bonus.

Other then this I cannot wait to get back into the Gym. I genuinely feel a shadow of my former self without sounding to arrogant as pretty much 4 years of Gym progress has been diminished over a 2 month break due to exams and coursework.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »

Song of the week. Fresh new track from Bondax...

No more exams in 31 hours.... not that i'm counting or anything.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: