blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272611 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 72254 times)
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »

Gl in 2014 Sean, my goal was to flushyouout, achieved and only the 2nd time I have ever beat you in a hand   v  

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »

Gl in 2014 Sean, my goal was to flushyouout, achieved and only the 2nd time I have ever beat you in a hand   v  

[ ] Sean Wink

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »

wrong blog old boy?i mean, its hard to confuse them... sean is twice as bangable as gilly Wink

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »

wrong blog old boy?i mean, its hard to confuse them... sean is twice as bangable as gilly Wink

this

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »

Oioiii
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »

Gl with 2014 mate hope the heater lasts foreverrrrr. <3
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2014, 05:30:21 PM »

Gl with 2014 mate hope the heater lasts foreverrrrr. <3

thanks, likewise <3

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2014, 02:21:59 PM »

Verndog rungood?

Had a rough couple of days grinding, in the past couple of weeks I'm on a $1k downswing or so (max buyin = $22). Ran reaaaaaaaaally terrible last night, up until the two $5 cubed mtt's. Always seem to find a deep run in these tournaments as they are deepstacked, so better suited to my game. Sure enough I got itm into both of them, where Chrissy Verns joined me on the rail.

Seemed to be cruising and in the first one went into the FT with a huge chiplead just after I found AA where one guy decides to 3bet jam A9, then the bb gets it in with JJ. Ship shiiiiiip! Despite being in great shape for the FT, ran absolutely dog. Had  button vs Cutoff where I 3bet to get it in, then he min 4bet me. He was a good player, I was calling a jam so thought wasn't going to let him level me with his bet sizing. After that hit I took  for a 40bb pot pre leaving me cripled, Got Q10 in on the button just for sb to find KK, gg in 6th for $566.

In the other was down to the last 13 where I was short, a 3 barrel didn't work for me. Blind vs blind got Q3 in, bb had AJ and we flop 2 pair Wink was back in it, and crawled to the FT. Eventually finished 7th for $610 with A10<33, finally losing all the flips when I made the FT.

Thankfully this results in ~$1k profit for the night (getting me out the 2 week hole), little annoying not to run deeper but as Chris will confirm, up until those points I won all my flips, obviously down to him being on the rail 100%.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2014, 03:09:06 PM »

Verndog rungood?

Had a rough couple of days grinding, in the past couple of weeks I'm on a $1k downswing or so (max buyin = $22). Ran reaaaaaaaaally terrible last night, up until the two $5 cubed mtt's. Always seem to find a deep run in these tournaments as they are deepstacked, so better suited to my game. Sure enough I got itm into both of them, where Chrissy Verns joined me on the rail.

Seemed to be cruising and in the first one went into the FT with a huge chiplead just after I found AA where one guy decides to 3bet jam A9, then the bb gets it in with JJ. Ship shiiiiiip! Despite being in great shape for the FT, ran absolutely dog. Had  button vs Cutoff where I 3bet to get it in, then he min 4bet me. He was a good player, I was calling a jam so thought wasn't going to let him level me with his bet sizing. After that hit I took  for a 40bb pot pre leaving me cripled, Got Q10 in on the button just for sb to find KK, gg in 6th for $566.

In the other was down to the last 13 where I was short, a 3 barrel didn't work for me. Blind vs blind got Q3 in, bb had AJ and we flop 2 pair Wink was back in it, and crawled to the FT. Eventually finished 7th for $610 with A10<33, finally losing all the flips when I made the FT.

Thankfully this results in ~$1k profit for the night (getting me out the 2 week hole), little annoying not to run deeper but as Chris will confirm, up until those points I won all my flips, obviously down to him being on the rail 100%.

what can i say... im honoured. felt it was all i could do, seeing you havent won since ive not been railing, 1k downswing and a lot of FB bitching later i return a hey presto. need to start charging tax for this Wink

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »

Do you ever get tilted after playing a long session? What would you normally do to prevent or deal with tilt?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2014, 03:51:43 PM »

Do you ever get tilted after playing a long session? What would you normally do to prevent or deal with tilt?

Can get frustrated during a session, but it pretty much never leaks into my play or 'tilts' me. I tend to just moan it in tbf.

Can only get so annoyed at the end since it's usually about 1am-4am when I finish. I just sleep it off and I'm good to go the following day.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2014, 04:19:37 PM »

if you had railed this man as much as i have, youll know its impossible for him to tilt, as he never suffers bad beats. a flip for him is 22>AA. Wink
he runs nearly as good as rexas

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »

The workfront

My first month trial period has come to an end at PokerPlayer. I have really enjoyed the time there, everyone has been super friendly and have been keen to listen to any suggestions I have.

Thankfully they are looking to expand, and hoping to keep me on. I've been told there are numerous things that I could do, but wan't to discuss with one another within the company the best way they are able to utilise me. Thankfully they are looking to increase my hours, 15 hours a week has been really slim and barely felt like work, so look forward to putting more hours in.

That means I now have a 2 week window before they have a meeting re: myself, so plenty of grind time whilst I play the waiting game.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »

I quite like it 'ere.
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »

I quite like it 'ere.

I quite like you being here too <3 Wink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »