blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111992 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 24, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »

Why do so many people say "full-time" job when they mean "permanent" job? It seems that the majority use the wrong word, when they are clearly two totally different things. Even on the news today I heard that some workers "had been employed on a temporary basis but are now going to be kept on full-time".

Why does full time have to mean "permanent" I've had a few full time jobs (as in working a full day) but none of them have been permanent.

There are many who have "part time" jobs (as in they don't work a full day) for years and will continue to do so, who don't see themselves as being employed temporarily.

In this day and age of uncertainty can anyone truly say they have a "permanent" job.

Geo

That reminds me of one of my favourite Royle family type convo's of the year. Talking with family about permanent  jobs and jobs for life my dad said 'nobody has a job for life these days, I only know one person who has been doing the same job for about the last 30 years, old Bill who works in town'

Me '30 years in the same job, blimey that takes some doing, what job does he have'
'he walks around the town centre carrying one of those placards with a message on, been the same message all those years too'
'Eh, his job is to walk around town carrying a placard and he has done that for 30 years and it's always been the same message, what's the message then?'

'The end is nigh'

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 27, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »

Last night in The Quiz of the Year or whatever it was called, the one with Jimmy Carr hosting, they had a round where they had the woman who egged Simon Cowell on BGT.  She was asked how she got on stage anyway and apparently she was booked to mime as part of the orchestra!  What a gig that is, how do I get a job miming as part of a large group right at the back?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »

Last night in The Quiz of the Year or whatever it was called, the one with Jimmy Carr hosting, they had a round where they had the woman who egged Simon Cowell on BGT.  She was asked how she got on stage anyway and apparently she was booked to mime as part of the orchestra!  What a gig that is, how do I get a job miming as part of a large group right at the back?

Have to say, if a bloke was caught doing this he'd almost certainly have been arrested.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM »

Have to say, if a bloke was caught doing this he'd almost certainly have been arrested.

A bloke would have used tomatoes though, preferably tinned ones Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: December 27, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »

Fired from a bazooka.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 27, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »

Fired from a bazooka. Big Bertha

Click to see full-size image.

fyp

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 27, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »

Ruthless.

Who was Ruth? Is it as simple as it being the Biblical Ruth?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 27, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »

Ruthless.

http://www.word-detective.com/2010/12/ruthless/

Interesting site

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 27, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »

Ruthless.

Interesting site

Funnily enough, I did have a look at that site while posting. I am always a little cautious about internet facts. Very interesting, though.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 27, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »

Ruthless.

Interesting site

Funnily enough, I did have a look at that site while posting. I am always a little cautious about internet facts. Very interesting, though.

ruth was ruthless she has been awol awhile though http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2334

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 03, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »

Why when a poker players sends a fellow player good wishes do they invariably do it twice or more?

As in "glglgl" rather than just "gl"?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 03, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »

Why when a poker players sends a fellow player good wishes do they invariably do it twice or more?

oi oi, go go

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 03, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »

Lots of good luck, as opposed to just good luck?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: January 03, 2014, 06:40:52 PM »

It's meant to be like a chant isn't it? In my head anyway

Like: gogogogogo has more positive emphasis than 'go'.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 03, 2014, 06:46:48 PM »

oi oi, go go

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: