blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111967 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: December 12, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »

Feedback gratefully received.

I'll blame an overenthusiastic PA.

Oh, so now it's your dad's fault?

The older I get, the better I was.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 14, 2013, 10:34:55 PM »

How has Will Ferrell managed to make the same film about 8 times and is still getting away with it now?

Why is David Beckham's affair with Rebecca Loos treated like it never happened?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 16, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »

How has Will Ferrell managed to make the same film about 8 times and is still getting away with it now?

Why, should we still be talking about it?
People get caught having affairs all the time. Ends some marriages, doesn't end others.

Amongst things I wish I knew is:
Why do people think the sexual affairs of public figures is any of their business?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: December 16, 2013, 09:03:02 AM »

People get caught having affairs all the time. Ends some marriages, doesn't end others.

Why do people think the sexual affairs of public figures is any of their business?

The clue is in the word 'Public'.

I know it shouldn't be so, but that's why they think it.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 16, 2013, 09:36:59 AM »

Agree x 2

Much as his films amuse me(mostly) he was on Comedy awards over the weekend as Ron Burgundy, and it was painful....

As for Beckham, some people are just golden, altho to be fair if you had to put up with that pouting miserable cow all the time, I think you would be respected for having an affair too, not chastised.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 16, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »

The clue is in the word 'Public'.

I know it shouldn't be so, but that's why they think it.

Don't get it.
Like I saw that girl from Countdown was on the front page of one of the red tops because she was divorcing her husband?!
What the fuck has that got to do with anyone but them?

I don't care who footballers are having sex with, which TV 'personalities' are getting divorced, what drugs TV chefs are doing, what sportsmen are gay or straight or even what S&M clubs MPs are going to.

None of our damn business.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 19, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »

Why middle aged women at theatres who have happily sat in their seat for 2 hours during a show, suddenly think they are part of the cast when the last song comes on by standing up and doing some ridiculous side to side wobbling dance?? Thus ensuring people behind can't see.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 19, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »

Why middle aged women at theatres who have happily sat in their seat for 2 hours during a show, suddenly think they are part of the cast when the last song comes on by standing up and doing some ridiculous side to side wobbling dance?? Thus ensuring people behind can't see.

Think that's called The Timewarp.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 23, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »

Not really belonging here, but a question - what makes the top club 's better than your average enthusiast?  I'm not talking me standing by the decks and hoping for the best, but someone competent that knows their stuff.

Also, do you think if you got a set of decks and practiced hard, you'd be able to make a name for yourself or did you have to be there at the time?   I guess you'd need some sort of gimmick.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 24, 2013, 12:51:22 AM »

I've got another theatre question.

Why, when it's about -5 outside do you always fancy an ice cream as soon as an interval happens?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 24, 2013, 12:56:06 AM »

Not really belonging here, but a question - what makes the top club 's better than your average enthusiast?  I'm not talking me standing by the decks and hoping for the best, but someone competent that knows their stuff.

Also, do you think if you got a set of decks and practiced hard, you'd be able to make a name for yourself or did you have to be there at the time?   I guess you'd need some sort of gimmick.

Nothing.

It's just like Gucci shoes and Vitton handbags.

A load of old bollocks

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 24, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »

I can only really speak for the house/drum n bass scene but it isn't enough to just be a good in the traditional sense any more (ie choosing what tracks to mix), you need to be able to produce your own studio work too to get noticed. The big producers have therefore spent an awful lot more time listening/studying music so have a wider pool of tracks that they know and are able to mix into their sets which makes them much more interesting to listen to than your average bedroom where in any given set you kinda know what you're gunna get. The best DJs are capable of taking their sets in lots of different directions so when you go to see them play you're going to see something new every time because they're not relying on pre-recorded mixes.  Its also an experience thing, the more miles they've logged in the clubs the better their feel is for the vibe of the crowd, it builds up a really sick atmosphere when they're really zoned in and just nail track after track that the crowd wants to hear.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 24, 2013, 02:24:27 AM »

Why do so many people say "full-time" job when they mean "permanent" job? It seems that the majority use the wrong word, when they are clearly two totally different things. Even on the news today I heard that some workers "had been employed on a temporary basis but are now going to be kept on full-time".
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: December 24, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »

Their technical ability mainly but these days there is a lot of clever marketing and promotion that gets these guys gigs. But you are absolutely correct, there are 'bedroom DJs' out there who are every bit as talented as some people who pack out the clubs in Ibiza.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 24, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »

Why do so many people say "full-time" job when they mean "permanent" job? It seems that the majority use the wrong word, when they are clearly two totally different things. Even on the news today I heard that some workers "had been employed on a temporary basis but are now going to be kept on full-time".

Why does full time have to mean "permanent" I've had a few full time jobs (as in working a full day) but none of them have been permanent.

There are many who have "part time" jobs (as in they don't work a full day) for years and will continue to do so, who don't see themselves as being employed temporarily.

In this day and age of uncertainty can anyone truly say they have a "permanent" job.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: