blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111986 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: February 06, 2014, 10:31:01 AM »

Punk

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 06, 2014, 10:59:15 AM »

Been having a "problem" that started since yesterday and maybe someone in here can tell me what's going on (and if I need to be worried about it)?

I've been walking up and down stairs now for a good number of years and with the exception of a few mishaps I had as a child, have never had many problems.  I always thought walking up and down stairs was a second nature thing, something you did without really having to think about it too much.  But just recently, my brain seems to be coming up one step short (THIS IS NOT A METAPHOR).  This results in me thinking I'm at the bottom of the stairs when I'm not and I have just face planted the wall at the bottom.

I've done the exactly same thing, but saved an actual fall, about 3 times in the last 24 hours having never done it before for as a long as I can remember.  The stairs most certainly haven't changed, so does anyone have any ideas what's going on Huh?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 06, 2014, 12:49:20 PM »

Been having a "problem" that started since yesterday and maybe someone in here can tell me what's going on (and if I need to be worried about it)?

I've been walking up and down stairs now for a good number of years and with the exception of a few mishaps I had as a child, have never had many problems.  I always thought walking up and down stairs was a second nature thing, something you did without really having to think about it too much.  But just recently, my brain seems to be coming up one step short (THIS IS NOT A METAPHOR).  This results in me thinking I'm at the bottom of the stairs when I'm not and I have just face planted the wall at the bottom.

I've done the exactly same thing, but saved an actual fall, about 3 times in the last 24 hours having never done it before for as a long as I can remember.  The stairs most certainly haven't changed, so does anyone have any ideas what's going on Huh?

I would go and see a doctor.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 06, 2014, 12:51:58 PM »

I would go and see a doctor.

Your wife has moved the hall table a foot closer to disorientate you. Has she taken to asking if your life insurance premiums are up to date and suggesting increasing your cover?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2014, 12:55:31 PM »

Arsenal FC

Founded at Woolwich, by workers of The Royal Arsenal which carried out armaments manufacture, ammunition proofing and explosives research for the British armed forces at a site on the south bank of the River Thames

"Arsenal Football Club started out as Dial Square in 1886 by workers at the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, south-east London, and was renamed Royal Arsenal shortly afterwards"

simple as that isn't it?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »

Why is Minecraft so popular?

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2014, 03:23:21 PM »

Why poker players, many of whom are capable of calculating their equity in a 4 bet pot with 3 opponents to 5 decimal places, are incapable of assimilating the most basic knowledge about a very well advertised tournament

For example, and by no means an isolated case

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62808.0

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »

Why poker players, many of whom are capable of calculating their equity in a 4 bet pot with 3 opponents to 5 decimal places, are incapable of assimilating the most basic knowledge about a very well advertised tournament

I often have trouble with all the skills you've quoted here.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 06, 2014, 06:36:59 PM »

Things I wish I gnu.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: February 06, 2014, 06:51:59 PM »

Sigh...

Don't encourage her.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 06, 2014, 07:06:51 PM »

To be fair to some posters in that thread, DtD have changed the GP format (Golden Chips, merge stacks, levels played, mun cas on day 2 etc etc) from GP to GP so maybe that's caused some confusion?

Bit like not realising that if you won one Caribbean package you cant win a second if you FT the Grand Prix again I guess?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 06, 2014, 07:13:03 PM »

Why when you are all in on Pokerstars does it sometimes turn the cards face up immediately but sometimes waits until after the river to reveal all?

lol player settings

Wow. Been playing all these years and didn't know that option was there.

How about in tournaments.. you forget to click sit out if yo have to leave for a few seconds.. sometimes it just folds your hand and sits you out auto and sometimes it time banks you.

Why?

Isnt this because you have chips in the pot it auto timebanks you, even if its just the sodding ante?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 06, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »

To be fair to some posters in that thread, DtD have changed the GP format (Golden Chips, merge stacks, levels played, mun cas on day 2 etc etc) from GP to GP so maybe that's caused some confusion?

Bit like not realising that if you won one Caribbean package you cant win a second if you FT the Grand Prix again I guess?

ouch - that hurts, although it's some way removed from the thing what i didn't know

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 06, 2014, 08:32:38 PM »

They don't, but I carry on regardless!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 09, 2014, 12:06:50 PM »

Why when you buy a simple sandwich do the makers insist on putting mayo/pickle/sauce etc etc  with the main filling?

A little sachet on the side would be far better, then the consumer can decide if they want pickle (or whatever) in their cheese sarnie.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: