blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272599 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111878 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2014, 08:37:31 AM »

Why people repeatedly and increasingly frustratedly push the button that opens the doors before the train has even stopped. What are they trying to achieve? Some sort of Steven Seagal exit?

They are the same people who repeatedly & impatiently push the "Close Door " or "Open Door" buttons in lifts. Which, in most cases, are not wired in, & have no function except as a sort of placebo.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 14, 2014, 08:41:39 AM »

Why people repeatedly and increasingly frustratedly push the button that opens the doors before the train has even stopped. What are they trying to achieve? Some sort of Steven Seagal exit?

They are the same people who repeatedly & impatiently push the "Close Door " or "Open Door" buttons in lifts. Which, in most cases, are not wired in, & have no function except as a sort of placebo.   

You are bob on, there, Mr Tikay.

Next one that does it is getting a sarky quip, I reckon.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 14, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »

You are bob on, there, Mr Tikay.

Next one that does it is getting a sarky quip, I reckon.

Now I'm picturing Tal racking his massive brains for some suitably cutting remarks to throw at some poor unsuspecting button stabbers, then riding up and down the lift all day laughing to himself like an evil genius....

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 14, 2014, 12:53:28 PM »

I use the train every day and I've never seen anyone doing that. Am I right in thinking that you live in the Birmingham area?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »

I use the train every day and I've never seen anyone doing that. Am I right in thinking that you live in the Birmingham area?

Arr

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: February 14, 2014, 05:38:05 PM »

Or the ones who press the button to call the lift repeatedly, as though it will make the lift arrive sooner.  In fact with some lifts, pressing the button multiple times will actually cancel the call as the lift has an anti-misuse functionality to prevent lifts being called by kids playing around pressing the buttons, etc.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: February 14, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »

I wish I knew how these women have the balls to slide down that run on the skeleton bob.  Looks ridiculously dangerous and frightening. Still want to know why GB seems to be so consistently good at it!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 14, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »

I'd love to give the skeleton a go, looks great fun!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: February 14, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »

Pervert Cheesy

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #624 on: February 14, 2014, 08:37:23 PM »

On Central line trains which I maintain, the doors operate in two modes. Either set up to be opened by the passengers via the buttons on the door (called strangely enough 'passenger open') and the Operator. Or solely by the Operator (called operator open). Whatever mode it's in, the doors can't be opened whilst the train is in motion. But seeing as the trains always go into service in 'Operator open' mode, pressing the button is going to achieve absolutely diddly Squat.

Cymru am byth
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 14, 2014, 11:42:26 PM »

http://www.cresta-run.com/ride-the-cresta/beginners/

400 quid.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 15, 2014, 01:55:17 AM »

And the similar situation of why people get up from their seats a good 5 minutes before the train is due to arrive at the station? Bonus annoying points if you're in the aisle seat and the window person wants to get up and is getting off at the same stop as you.

Blue text
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 15, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »

And the similar situation of why people get up from their seats a good 5 minutes before the train is due to arrive at the station? Bonus annoying points if you're in the aisle seat and the window person wants to get up and is getting off at the same stop as you.

I have to do this in the morning but in my defence I have a 3 minute connection that I have to run to (up an escalator and over to the other side of the station), and half the train gets off at that stop so if I don't get up early to be one of the first off I'm stuck behind everyone up the escalator Smiley
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »

Saw you could do that on the Guy Martin program, tempting, but a bit out of my price range at the moment.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 15, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »

Why are box of chocolates so popular?

Invariably you only like half of the different chocs.

Why not just buy a packet of sweets you are sure you'll enjoy?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: