blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:42:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111891 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »

Why some parents don't keep on eye on their young kids when in a public place and then panic when the kids are hurt/go missing/not answering to their parents shouts.
I have never met a parent who hasn't on some occasion lost sight of their child for a few minutes.
With the best will in the world, it only takes a seconds distraction like paying at the till or opening some juice for another child for the little darling to slip off to look at something or better still, hide under the table etc and watch mammy run around screaming and grabbing strangers by the lapels (yes, I'm one of those).
Kids also have an annoying habit of hurting themselves whether your looking at them or not, I find.

Yes, of course you are right, but momentarily losing sight of your kids is different from letting your 6 year old kid go and find his dad who is hidden from view in a crowded public place a hundred yards or so away. And when the kids dad appears 10 min later on his own and nobody knows where the kid is. The parents start panicking because of their own stupidity that their kid is missing. To top it all off the mother of said kid can't see that she did anything wrong by letting the 6 yo kid go and find his dad ON HIS OWN.

This is actually a family member of mine. (thankfully not a blood relative)

Ah! The element of surprise
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2013, 10:59:35 PM »

20. Why do people drive like cnts?

Driving home from a weekend dawn sarf, there was a horrendous thunder storm while we on the M1.

It was so bad, I doubt visibility was more than 50 yards for about 10 minutes.

Yet still there were complete morons in the fast lane driving at 90+ with about 10 yards to the car in the front.

Astounding.

M25 > M40 is the way to go, much quieter. Also I find it adds a rather soothing feel to the journey.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »

Driving home from a weekend dawn sarf, there was a horrendous thunder storm while we on the M1.

Yet still there were complete morons in the fast lane driving at 90+ with about 10 yards to the car in the front.

Astounding.

M25 > M40 is the way to go, much quieter. Also I find it adds a rather soothing feel to the journey.

If you drive in the same style you play poker I won't be asking for a lift home ever!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »

Why some parents don't keep on eye on their young kids when in a public place and then panic when the kids are hurt/go missing/not answering to their parents shouts.
I have never met a parent who hasn't on some occasion lost sight of their child for a few minutes.
With the best will in the world, it only takes a seconds distraction like paying at the till or opening some juice for another child for the little darling to slip off to look at something or better still, hide under the table etc and watch mammy run around screaming and grabbing strangers by the lapels (yes, I'm one of those).
Kids also have an annoying habit of hurting themselves whether your looking at them or not, I find.

Yes, of course you are right, but momentarily losing sight of your kids is different from letting your 6 year old kid go and find his dad who is hidden from view in a crowded public place a hundred yards or so away. And when the kids dad appears 10 min later on his own and nobody knows where the kid is. The parents start panicking because of their own stupidity that their kid is missing. To top it all off the mother of said kid can't see that she did anything wrong by letting the 6 yo kid go and find his dad ON HIS OWN.

Agree that this was pretty stupid, and not really what I was talking about. I thought you were making a general observation about parents in public places, as your almost certain to see some minor child related drama, especially during the school holidays.
Things like your story above, and the April Jones thread Camel linked are entirely different as there more about poor judgement calls than everday mishaps.
I hope the little boy was found quickly and that a lesson was learned without too much trauma for those involved!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »

Agree that this was pretty stupid, and not really what I was talking about. I thought you were making a general observation about parents in public places, as your almost certain to see some minor child related drama, especially during the school holidays.
Things like your story above, and the April Jones thread Camel linked are entirely different as there more about poor judgement calls than everday mishaps.
I hope the little boy was found quickly and that a lesson was learned without too much trauma for those involved!

Yes thanks, he gingerly turned up 20 min later wondering why his parents were telling him off.

Ah! The element of surprise
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »

Why is the kid being told off?  Why isn't the husband explaining to the mother what an utter moron she is?
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2013, 04:20:38 PM »

Astounding.

If you drive in the same style you play poker I won't be asking for a lift home ever!

Haha, tbf I used to drive like a lunatic, until I wrapped my beautiful VW Golf round a tree with no seat belt!! Luckily I've lived to tell the tale, ever since I've driven at a reasonably sensible speed Cheesy

El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2013, 07:19:11 PM »

Crap is light and due to the time space continuum will get lighter as time goes on. You will note that their are more floaters than there used to be as gravity slowly loses its power. Crap weighs less in the Arctic than in the Antarctic

The Germans are highly interested in crap, they like to join their wives in the Schmidthous to watch the proceedings and evaluate the outcome. The Japanese have invented a small underwater camera fixed inside the toilet base which shows each new piece of crap leaving the body and plummeting down into the water - This piece of equipment is available on E Bay and is known as Kami Carzy Anus Zoom; don't buy one secondhand.

My dad used to tell the most wonderful crap jokes the following one was my favourite as a kid: A guy is sitting on a bus and asks the fellow next to him "Have you just shit?" The fellow replies, "Yes!" - " Well why don't you get off the bus? - The fellow replied, "I haven't finished yet."

I suggest you buy a set of digital scales - they will show the difference.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »

Crap is light and due to the time space continuum will get lighter as time goes on. You will note that their are more floaters than there used to be as gravity slowly loses its power. Crap weighs less in the Arctic than in the Antarctic

The Germans are highly interested in crap, they like to join their wives in the Schmidthous to watch the proceedings and evaluate the outcome. The Japanese have invented a small underwater camera fixed inside the toilet base which shows each new piece of crap leaving the body and plummeting down into the water - This piece of equipment is available on E Bay and is known as Kami Carzy Anus Zoom; don't buy one secondhand.

My dad used to tell the most wonderful crap jokes the following one was my favourite as a kid: A guy is sitting on a bus and asks the fellow next to him "Have you just shit?" The fellow replies, "Yes!" - " Well why don't you get off the bus? - The fellow replied, "I haven't finished yet."

I suggest you buy a set of digital scales - they will show the difference.

Wish I knew what El Sid smokes.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »

Don't wast good money on green Kinboshi, go to Aldi and buy their own brand Green Tea - Stick it in a Rizla and hey presto.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »

Don't wast good money on green Kinboshi, go to Aldi and buy their own brand Green Tea - Stick it in a Rizla and hey presto.

Wish I knew why they changed the name of Presto supermarkets.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »

Interesting that the last word I wrote presto influenced your train of thought. This free association might make many people snicker.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2013, 08:20:34 PM »

Interesting that the last word I wrote presto influenced your train of thought. This free association might make many people snicker.

I wish I knew how to...

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2013, 10:32:21 PM »

The drink

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2013, 04:07:38 AM »

Shared a table with Sid last week, and he didn't say a word the whole time Sad

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 53 Go Up Print