blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £100,000 Grand Prix: Day 2/Final
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £100,000 Grand Prix: Day 2/Final  (Read 68590 times)
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »

WD simon, one of the most casual, not bothered what happens kinda attitude i ever seen lol. spoke to him just before final table because he was on my table when it was 25 left and when it was 5 handed, then heads up too and his facial expression was like he'd just bubbled each time lol
UL to bedi and ricky, was railin for them to take it down, overall a very quite boring final table in my opinion
watching a massive chip stack spew his chip stack away in spots was painful to watch, think people will know what i mean.

thks for updates tighty and team really enjoyed it and ty for support

Echo the congratulations, but Simon was clearly quite giving a shit/semi tilted when giving me half his stack in three hands on that table; did very well to recover, and get there - so much deserved. wp all , enjoyed this torn, particularly level of play on Sunday. Only wish is they put it back to £100 as only 1st-3rd was worth getting excited about.

] thin...

Buy in : Prizes ratio is pretty exceptional in this tournament for the regular, bread and butter recreational players I'd say.

Lol David, true, I appreciate its aimed at lower staking recs,  and that when it was raised the figures suffered, perhaps two grand prix’s per year, one at £50, one at £100, should get 2k runners for the small one, 1k runners for the bigger one. Just think more chances to bag a golden chip holiday
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »

We reached the final at 12.30am

9 handed Rowney raised, shortstack Cross shoved and in the big blind Armeni found AA

Rowney playing 2.8m made what I fet was a questionable call of two shoves with 7-7 and found Cross with 10-10

The board ran out J-Q-4-A-K to treble Cross up and knock out Armeni 9th

Rowney himself then fell 8th before Hodson found AA UTG. Unfortunately for G2L he had KK. Hodson playing 5.7m, Bedi 4.5m

An unavoidable pre-flop cooler to knock George out 7th

Six handed Hodson had 11m of the 31m in play

Tibor Kover fell 6th and then another key hand

Norfolk raised AQcc UTG and Cross called with 33 in the small blind

Fieldhouse made it 1.4m from 3.5m in the bb with 10-10

Norfolk shoved on him, covering

Fieldhouse 3 bet folded leaving himself 20x bb, mistakenly we felt on commentary

His opportunity was lost and he was out 5th next level

4 handed another key pot

Hodson playing 12m, Norfolk 8m, Eggleston the tightest player 5m and Cross 2m

Hodson raised K8dd UTG

In commentary we were taking ICM and not taking on the chip leader in Norfolk's spot

Payous were 20k, 13k, 8k, 5k

He three bet 7-7 in the big blind

Hodson called

flop 7-5-4 two diamonds and they get it in for a 16m pot

Top set held and Norfolk took a big chip lead

Cross fell fourth, and Hodson was unlucky, key hand AQ losing to A5 b-o-b v Eggleston

Heads up they began 90x bb deep at 3.30am and I feared a long one

Both played quite passively, and chips went back and forth for an hour

Then, Eggleston raised A-5 on the button and Norfolk called with 4-3

A-5-Q flop

Norfolk check called

7 turn giving Norfolk the double belly buster

He check raised all in, two pair called and held to give Eggleston the win

Afterwards Norfolk told me he was knackered by then, had little experience of Heads Up and regretted pushing

This time, when he did, Eggleston had a hand to call him with flopped two pair
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:15:17 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2013, 12:20:52 PM »

Finally I need to thank cambridgealex

He volunteered to co-commentate and did so for nearly 5 hours through the night and was terrific

thanks, much appreciated

I will let you know when the stream is up in the library of past streams on DTD's site

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »

WD simon, one of the most casual, not bothered what happens kinda attitude i ever seen lol. spoke to him just before final table because he was on my table when it was 25 left and when it was 5 handed, then heads up too and his facial expression was like he'd just bubbled each time lol
UL to bedi and ricky, was railin for them to take it down, overall a very quite boring final table in my opinion
watching a massive chip stack spew his chip stack away in spots was painful to watch, think people will know what i mean.

thks for updates tighty and team really enjoyed it and ty for support

Echo the congratulations, but Simon was clearly quite giving a shit/semi tilted when giving me half his stack in three hands on that table; did very well to recover, and get there - so much deserved. wp all , enjoyed this torn, particularly level of play on Sunday. Only wish is they put it back to £100 as only 1st-3rd was worth getting excited about.

] thin...

Buy in : Prizes ratio is pretty exceptional in this tournament for the regular, bread and butter recreational players I'd say.

Lol David, true, I appreciate its aimed at lower staking recs,  and that when it was raised the figures suffered, perhaps two grand prix’s per year, one at £50, one at £100, should get 2k runners for the small one, 1k runners for the bigger one. Just think more chances to bag a golden chip holiday

Sean - 1000 runners @ £100 each = 2000 runners @ £50....

Really agree with George on the 'best idea yet' for the GP though. Playing to 10% and a guaranteed cash could become another DTD inspired industry standard.

btw - what happened to the guy from Firday who had 855k?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2013, 12:37:46 PM »

tighty have to agree 77 before final table in that position with the way it was played was bad,very bad
and bedi was so unlucky

hodson didnt make the most of his stack off bedi though, chasing that flush was questionable against the guy that could of hurt you the most you think??

UL G2L, all that work hey,nm wp

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 18, 2013, 12:58:42 PM »

Happens mate ta

David- I took 400k off him before he 3 bet called aT for a million chips against the guy in the ridiculous Irish hat who had KJ

Jack on the river

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 18, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »

I factored that in David, the payouts will accordingly be to less people, right?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 18, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »

I factored that in David, the payouts will accordingly be to less people, right?

doh yes, I got almost as much for 5th in July as I got for 2nd in March last year

[ ] thin

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: March 18, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »

doh yes, I got almost as much for 5th in July as I got for 2nd in March last year

[ ] thin

You reached the final table of a Grand Prix?  You should have said... Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2013, 02:45:26 PM »

[ ] thin

You reached the final table of two Grand Prix?  You should have said... Wink

fyp Wink

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »

jesus when did this become a brag thread

get a room you two!

Just me
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 18, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »

Did that just happen?

Who left a goal that open?!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »

tighty have to agree 77 before final table in that position with the way it was played was bad,very bad
and bedi was so unlucky

hodson didnt make the most of his stack off bedi though, chasing that flush was questionable against the guy that could of hurt you the most you think??

Think he is talking the 77 at the final table 4 handed vs chip leader.  I think it was min raised, and 77 was 3 bet out of the BB.  There can't ever be an error in calling pre, but there is an argument you shouldn't 3 bet because of the ICM considerations.  It can't be very bad vs this villian?  From what I recall, he didn't look the type to 3 barrel and put him in a world of pain.

Villian didn't do much wrong either, the min raise pre was fine, he is big chip leader after all.  Flush draw and overs is fairly hard to put down for the villian, by the time (or if) you realise you are in deep trouble, the chips are either all in, or you are priced in to call anyway.  This is particularly true when you have a gazillion chips and you should be piling on some pressure.

It would be difficult to claim they both played that questionably, and it looked very much like the chips were going in when you saw a 743dd flop.

George clearly unlucky.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »

well in my opinion it is bad, i see what your saying but if two guys are putting there chips in the middle at that stage then your 77 is just no good simples but we all have that decision to make at some point, and i understand he's also got chips already in, but... let it go. thats what his game was about though, he did these plays for the thrill i think

speaking my mind

spoke to him on the breaks and seemed a nice enough guy sinking those red bulls and running around 
but on the table was somehow different and i know a few players next to me told me the same, he came across arrogant and a little bit ego, all wanting him to secretly crash out lol (can i say this lol ), I KNOW PEOPLE WANTED THAT lol.
but still he was ONE of the most fun entertaining players there in final 25 i thought, crazy donk play at times but if it was all abc how boring would it be

your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »

and bedi was so unlucky

Think he is talking the 77 at the final table 4 handed vs chip leader.  I think it was min raised, and 77 was 3 bet out of the BB.  There can't ever be an error in calling pre, but there is an argument you shouldn't 3 bet because of the ICM considerations.  It can't be very bad vs this villian?  From what I recall, he didn't look the type to 3 barrel and put him in a world of pain.

Villian didn't do much wrong either, the min raise pre was fine, he is big chip leader after all.  Flush draw and overs is fairly hard to put down for the villian, by the time (or if) you realise you are in deep trouble, the chips are either all in, or you are priced in to call anyway.  This is particularly true when you have a gazillion chips and you should be piling on some pressure.

It would be difficult to claim they both played that questionably, and it looked very much like the chips were going in when you saw a 743dd flop.

George clearly unlucky.

oh right im referring to the 9 handed one Doobs

your smiling Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: