blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary on the $4.50 180 man sngs
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary on the $4.50 180 man sngs  (Read 26832 times)
ashj22

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »

out in 17th for another pathetic run.
ashj22

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2013, 11:36:48 PM »

27 played -$73.17 <-------------makes me sick just looking at it,still a miniscule sample tho i guess.............chin up!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:42:15 PM by ashj22 » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »

will just leave it for the bad beats that need time to cool off for posting.

Morning Ashley.

If you don't mind me saying, I still think you are running at this the wrong way.

Firstly, yes, a great idea to calm down, let the steam subside, after you have become a bit angry, or tilted, mad, upset, whatever, at a beat.

But.....

All you are doing is addressing the symptoms, not the cause. The symptoms are the annoyance, the angst, the tilt, but the CAUSE is getting upset about the beat in the first place.

If you cure the cause, the symptoms will not appear again.

So we need to try & rationalise these "beats" which stick in our mind.

1) We remember the beats, but we tend to forget when we hold, or when we suckout on others. It cuts BOTH ways, don't use selective memory, you are only harming yourself.

2) Bad beats. If you play - say - 10 Tourneys or SNG's every day, you ARE going to experience, say, 20 bad beats per day. You just ARE. Nothing you can do will ever stop that. It is how poker works. Always has, always will. EVERY player suffers them exactly the same. Everyone. Nobody on earth gives a toss about your beats, we have our own. We all do. Every single last one of us. NO EXCEPTIONS. 

So let us assume 20 per day, that is 140 per week, over 500 times per month you are going to get uppity.

Does that really sound like fun, something to look forward to?

Any good player will work that out over time, & stop wasting negative energy on fretting about bad beats. Why worry, we cannot prevent them, they are natural, they ARE poker.

Look at the top pros on blonde, generally speaking they just shrug their shoulders & move on.

As a little experiment, try this. It will probably cost you $10 or $20. maximum. Play half a dozen $2 Omaha SNG's or DYM's. Bad beats? You ain't seen nothing until you play Omaha, trust me. Bad beats are x times more prevelant in Omaha, but Omaha players understand that. Next case, move on, sorta thing.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps. It pains me to see amateur poker players - 99.9% of us are amateurs - not enjoying the game as they should. Personally, I can't begin to imagine playing a recreational game in which I knew I would get upset every day. Makes no sense if you think about it, does it?

Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:15:22 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »

Good post Tikay.

Hope the luck turns around for you soon ash. Gl

Once a thing's been done, it's been done. So why all this nostalgia? I mean, for the 60s and 70s, you know, looking backwards for inspiration, copying the past. How's that rock 'n' roll? Do something of your own. Start something new. Live your life now.
- John Lennon
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »

Yeah, great post. A good way to look at it is that the degree to which someone 'tilts' is a test of character - people with strong, disciplined, logical mindsets are less likely to lose their composure when a stressful situation occurs. Think of James Bond....lol

Challenge yourself to improve this side of your game and I'm sure your results will show an improvement over the long term.
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2013, 03:42:06 PM »

Good post Tikay.

Hope the luck turns around for you soon ash. Gl
ashj22

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »

will just leave it for the bad beats that need time to cool off for posting.

Morning Ashley.

If you don't mind me saying, I still think you are running at this the wrong way.

Firstly, yes, a great idea to calm down, let the steam subside, after you have become a bit angry, or tilted, mad, upset, whatever, at a beat.

But.....

All you are doing is addressing the symptoms, not the cause. The symptoms are the annoyance, the angst, the tilt, but the CAUSE is getting upset about the beat in the first place.

If you cure the cause, the symptoms will not appear again.

So we need to try & rationalise these "beats" which stick in our mind.

1) We remember the beats, but we tend to forget when we hold, or when we suckout on others. It cuts BOTH ways, don't use selective memory, you are only harming yourself.

2) Bad beats. If you play - say - 10 Tourneys or SNG's every day, you ARE going to experience, say, 20 bad beats per day. You just ARE. Nothing you can do will ever stop that. It is how poker works. Always has, always will. EVERY player suffers them exactly the same. Everyone. Nobody on earth gives a toss about your beats, we have our own. We all do. Every single last one of us. NO EXCEPTIONS.  

So let us assume 20 per day, that is 140 per week, over 500 times per month you are going to get uppity.

Does that really sound like fun, something to look forward to?

Any good player will work that out over time, & stop wasting negative energy on fretting about bad beats. Why worry, we cannot prevent them, they are natural, they ARE poker.

Look at the top pros on blonde, generally speaking they just shrug their shoulders & move on.

As a little experiment, try this. It will probably cost you $10 or $20. maximum. Play half a dozen $2 Omaha SNG's or DYM's. Bad beats? You ain't seen nothing until you play Omaha, trust me. Bad beats are x times more prevelant in Omaha, but Omaha players understand that. Next case, move on, sorta thing.

Anyway, I hope some of that helps. It pains me to see amateur poker players - 99.9% of us are amateurs - not enjoying the game as they should. Personally, I can't begin to imagine playing a recreational game in which I knew I would get upset every day. Makes no sense if you think about it, does it?

Good luck.

thanks for going to all this effort to help me out.i know how bad variance can get and that everyone has to deal with it,im a very competitive person and i hate losing "even at monopoly" the thing is when i post things like "another pathetic run" it may come across like its getting to me but in reality it is not at all,im always hard on myself if i dont do well always have been and always will,it just makes you try harder next time imo. im not a robot im human and i have emotions im not just going bust like 6 in a row then come and write "oh well hope it goes better next time" im going to write it as i see it.i am enjoying playing aswell because if i wasnt i would just not play,
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:47:57 PM by ashj22 » Logged
ashj22

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »

thanks for everyones support,advice and feedback........appreciate it.
ashj22

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2013, 05:39:12 PM »

i may take a break today from the 180's and play on a different site or just play summit else.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: