blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 01:12:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89139 times)
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 10:23:53 PM »

Read the attached blog links... in for the ride!!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

Come on Nik, we're due an update.

The older I get, the better I was.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »

Apologies! Night off with the girlfriend last night as she wanted some us time and lives 60 miles away from me. Just sat in frankies before the trip home.. 90 min drive sigh! She's worth it though Smiley

Grinding tonight, not sure where though, Thursday is normally a gala night but a friend got mugged recently there which has put me on my toes a little about paying them a visit.

Thoughts?

Got a super grind planned as I have Sunday and Monday off work which is really the only thing stopping me from playing more than I currently do. Hopefully see some of you hero's later at DTD/gala. Anyone who has my number if its buzzing somewhere give me a bell and I'll pop down.

TR later folks Smiley

Also a story about how I was nearly completely busto later, stay tuned.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »

Hi Nik. You didn't say hi back last time so I'm giving it another shot.

How is it having a girlfriend who plays/gets poker?

The hours have always caused massive problems with relationships in the past for me (with no poker ppl), even though they understand the game / variance sort of.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »

Apologies! Night off with the girlfriend last night as she wanted some us time and lives 60 miles away from me. Just sat in frankies before the trip home.. 90 min drive sigh! She's worth it though Smiley

Grinding tonight, not sure where though, Thursday is normally a gala night but a friend got mugged recently there which has put me on my toes a little about paying them a visit.

Thoughts?

Got a super grind planned as I have Sunday and Monday off work which is really the only thing stopping me from playing more than I currently do. Hopefully see some of you hero's later at DTD/gala. Anyone who has my number if its buzzing somewhere give me a bell and I'll pop down.

TR later folks Smiley

I heard about the mugging, Alex and I walked back to our cars together for safety last week.

Alex asked if I thought I could out run the muggers. I told him I didn't have to out run them, I just had to out run him.

I will be at DTD tonight, but I have to be in Matlock by 10am tomorrow.

I'm considering driving there when I leave DTD and sleeping in my van, then I can get a couple of hours sleep and wake up on the job, as it were. 

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »

Proper rounder^

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »

Then, when I finish work, I can have another kip in the van and go to DTD again on the way home.

Remind me to take some clean undercrackers.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 02:45:37 PM »

Personal interest story and a teaser itt.

Great work. 

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »

Hi Nik. You didn't say hi back last time so I'm giving it another shot.

How is it having a girlfriend who plays/gets poker?

The hours have always caused massive problems with relationships in the past for me (with no poker ppl), even though they understand the game / variance sort of.

Hahahaha sorry guys! Hi to ALL my hero's who keep this diary alive, much love.

Well I've actually had 2 girlfriends who've played poker. With mixed results on that front tbh..

Girl #1; We played prob 3/4 nights we spent with each other, she was more of a tournament person and I was knocking it in tournament wise so kinda stayed away. If we were on the same table I'd completely stay out of her way and fold ridic hands to her opens pre, we also couldn't have any banter at the table because she thought I was insulting her so playing with her made me miserable, she rarely played cash so that's where I made my home really and just finished when she busto'd, she was also someone who you could never speak to regarding a hand you/she played, it was just "I play how I want, leave me alone" but if she ever saw some levelling war going on she wouldn't understand at all so it was kind of awkward..

On the upside she had a well paid job so losing didn't phase her that much.. This was also bad though because she'd blow it on roulette/slots if I was still in a tournament which I obv don't like to see people wasting their money, but it's their money and none of my business and I learnt this the hard way (read; after about 10 arguments)

EDIT: Will also add that if I blew her off to play poker one night she'd say;

"Wow you have a really gambling problem"..

Me "Oh, what you up to tonight then?"

"Playing slots on sky poker atm.."  

Relationship was gg after things like this happen, while I play poker a lot she just sounds like all of the anti-poker/gambling people I know and it really put me off.

Girl #2; Current gf. Play a lot with her, she loves the game, learning and basically wants to get better. She's a self confessed massive nit but she plays that style well and I'm not going to try and change that, she will talk to me about hands she played and how to play them better and most of the time will take onboard my opinion. I play more standard around her than vs girl 1 because we're on the same tables a lot, however I'd feel so bad about busting her in a tournament/cash so I'd have her buyin ready to give her back at the end of the night because the money means a lot to her and winning a bowl comp for £400 is peanuts to MOST of us but a huge deal for her.

She sometimes joins me on cash tables and I hold my breath every pot she's in, it's awful on the drive home when one has lost and one has won, same results you can console each other but if one of you wins £400 and one loses £75 it's hard, people might say why don't you offset each others losses but we don't play for the same amount of money, I sit with the max usually and she's normally a short stack and how dirty would I feel taking her profit because I've 4b spacked it with KQo!

On the whole though. It's fun and gives me even more time to spend with her whilst enjoying my hobby. On the sleeping pattern etc it's still a real issue, it's not so bad for me as I have to force myself awake for work but for a pro I couldn't imagine how tough it is, I guess it's something we'd have to hope they understand and just try and get some rest the day before you plan something with them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:49:14 PM by tight4better » Logged
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 07:14:24 PM »

I was given some wise advice if I ever find myself in a similar situation who knows it may be quite helpful in the future, I believe it was 'run'.  However should I find myself in a similar situation in the not so distant future, I think I may just simply laugh as they'll be quite disappointed to mug a broke guy Smiley

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
big poppa

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »

Hey Nik. Great start to the diary and loved the blogs. Really surprised people getting aggro with you. You always seem to be quite chilled at the tables. ( except when i get there on the river against you). Smiley
Keep posting mate I'm in for the ride.  .
Ps you playing Friday? Super 50?
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »

Hey Nik. Great start to the diary and loved the blogs. Really surprised people getting aggro with you. You always seem to be quite chilled at the tables. ( except when i get there on the river against you). Smiley

Haha that was v out of character for me that day, blame Girl 1! Haha I've become more chilled of late but I've been called arrogant/cocky/loud mouthed which I guess if you don't know me that's how I might come across. I'm a lot quieter these days espec with people I don't know on the table.

Ps you playing Friday? Super 50?

Very possible Smiley See you there?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »

Haha I've become more chilled of late but I've been called arrogant/cocky/loud mouthed which I guess if you don't know me that's how I might come across. I'm a lot quieter these days espec with people I don't know on the table.

Really? Wow... Who are these people and have they met you? Or have they mistaken you for me, that would make more sense :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Paul_Foulder

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 07:56:20 PM »

Hi Nik,

Occasionally play at Gala & only live a 2min walk away so always walk there & back etc instead of driving..

What happened- anything to be worried about?

Paul
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:59:37 PM by Paul_Foulder » Logged
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »

Hi Nik,

Occasionally play at Gala & only live a 2min walk away so always walk there & back etc instead of driving..

What happened- anything to be worried about?

Paul

Hi, welcome to the madness Smiley

Apparently 3 guys jumped a friend of mine with a broken glass bottle, he's fine I think he just gave them his wallet but still have my concerns.

Haha I've become more chilled of late but I've been called arrogant/cocky/loud mouthed which I guess if you don't know me that's how I might come across. I'm a lot quieter these days espec with people I don't know on the table.

Really? Wow... Who are these people and have they met you? Or have they mistaken you for me, that would make more sense :p

Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: