blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:28:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89185 times)
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 08:28:56 PM »

Interesting post on relationships, quite similar to my experiences. Hope your new one continues along a better path. Smiley
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »

Started off at DTD last night about 9, had to be the NITTIEST 1/1 game I've ever sat in, most sat with the max and I'd bet the average pot size was under £5. The amount of times it folded to the blinds and they'd just check a board down was ridiculous.

I soon piped up "Someone needs to lose a pot already.."

Ohai der   .. Open the CO, 3 callers (most ever fwiw), Loose-ish player (villain) peels from big.   Two Diamonds , £8, call.   turn. Check check as I had no plan what to do if c/raised..   riv. I go for £17 of his money and he says he hates the river.. YES CALL... and calls with   . Nh. I really don't know whether I should just c/call or even c/fold this river. I'm playing a lot of hyper HU SNG's online and a lot of the time I find myself value betting super thin, this doesn't feel that thin but the more I think the more it's difficult for him to pay off with worse.. Thoughts?

Played another where I opened   and got peeled by the bb.   , he's the kind of player who's called me for 3 streets with just a bare K in this spot before so I'm praying to make the flush, bet £7.   turn, How on earth can I miss now? Oh shit did I really just say that...? £16..call.  three diamonds Riv wiiiiiiiiii, £32. He does a fold Sad #tellbox.

Won £11 for the session. Solid Smiley

Off to gala then! Place has gone down the pan since a friend of mine left and I haven't been back since. Tried to buy for the max (#brags) and get some reload money "No? Why do you need more? If you want more just get cash out at the table".. FFS what is when you have something great it gets ruined for abso no viable reason. As if a dealer/camera wouldn't notice me casually adding 8 ponies to my stack when I've already got the max. You also now can't get chips from the desk yourself, need a managers permission, this is bad for me as I like towers and they give you bowl chips.

Anyway, we're sat in the game, position on cash game hero Sean Belton YES. Played probably 5 notable pots for the session so if you don't like HH's you can stop reading until after the card graphics end.

Hand #1; Overlimp LP with   , this is just terrible and something I've almost got rid of in my game, think this was the only time I limped all night. anyway, few people limp behind including villain behind us.   , checked to us and we lead for £8, he quickly makes it £20 with £75 behind. Thought about just setting him in right there but decided to see a turn for a bunch of dumb reasons. The scarecard  two hearts comes on the turn and I c/raise him his stack. He does a call with..   ! Bricked out so we're down £130 for the session now.

Hand #2; Non-pro does the popular "head shake, sigh, almost fold, ok raise to £6" move with £100 stack and I'm just praying for a pair or something juicy to stack his AA/KK.  three diamonds YES, call OTB, few others people including bb who's a bit tilted. £80 stack.  three clubs YESSSS, bb checks, opener bets £15, we pretty quickly make it £44 and before the bb has acted he almost moved all-in out of turn, the bb then moves in! We do the stato "call instantly" and hold vs   and   Two Clubs, was pretty sick cause the riv was an A, thought I lost!

Hand #3; Two people move all in over my 3b and we hold with   .. Smiley Booking a nice £150 win now, got the next seat on the featured table with Belton, Goulder, George from DTD, and a few other hero's.

We move over, position on alex and belton which is always nice, was trying not to goof off or spew though. Think I only 3b alex once with KQo and had to call a 4b jam from a shortie who accidentally slowrolled with the nuts, pretty funny he stood up like he could never win and then said "oh wait I have the nuts!" lol. Had to laugh Grin

Alex also tried guessing who Girl #1 was. We played 20 questions and he gave up after question 8 with loads of help from me! Weak!

Hand #4; Cash game hero George opens UTG+1 and we peel QJ OTB. KKJ, we call a quick £6. Q turn, decent argument for folding my hand to a bet here, but me and george have never played a hand yet he has ALL the history on me cause he deals for me a lot. Anyway I stubbornly call a ~£16 bet. J river and I fold to a £21 snap bet, feel like out of all the hands I played last night I played this one the worst, only lost £20 in the hand but the manner in which I lost it and the way I played it bothered me a lot. Surprised I didn't stubbornly call the river seeing as I'd butchered it up to this point anyway.

Hand #5; I open   and non-pro in the bb calls.   . Bet and called.   turn, Bet again and was called, he has PSB back on the river which is a  , feels like a bet but I checked, I spoke to alex after and he described it as a spot to bet less than turn and have him call.  We showed and were good anyway.

Hand #6; Penultimate hand of the night, and likely the hand that will get the most responses. Villain is a tight/nit reg who've I played with prob twice before, apparently won the Iancredible 100 but he deffo seemed more aggro today, was drinking dunno if that had anything to do with it but he'd be opening a LOT and has also 4b alex once already.

He opens UTG (Been doing this a lot too) and we 3b   and he SNAP calls, He's playing £220 (in for £100) and we cover him.   . We £17, he SNAPS, literally before my chips are in his are.   turn, I bet £23 (Thoughts on sizing?) and he snaps again, Riv is a  , your line OTR here? I went for £32 and he snapped again with   . Once again I don't know if I'm value betting too thin here and whether I should c/call or c/fold river.

Lost almost all my profit during this last hand and it was time to go to work so we quit the game winning £21, +£32 for the night, SO solid  Smiley We managed to NOT get mugged also, but deffo gonna set up a deposit account as I feel iffy carrying 2 buyins around with me everywhere.

Got back from my work shift about 9, getting too old for these all nighters! Especially working this bowl amount of hours, my hours got reduced due to our "Right hours, right place" policy so it's completely fucked me in terms of £ earned outside of poker per month. I'm still working 5 days per week so it's not like I have more time to play, I just feel more tired due to the gruesome starting times. Started looking for another job but it's so hard, I have nothing special in terms of qualifications, just the usual 5 A*- C's in Maths/English/Science etc and I'm so shy when it comes to interviews/bigging myself up so it's really difficult for me to move on to better things work wise.

DTD tonight, possibly some 1/2 depending on how tough the game is, if not 1/1. Hopefully see some of you lot there.

Lastly, started listening to Taking Back Sunday's album yesterday, it's fkn incredible.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:02:08 PM by tight4better » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 06:03:32 PM »

Does #Girl2 like being called #Girl2?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 06:05:54 PM »

Lol
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:34 PM »

Lol

Over/unders on the diary hitting #girl10?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 10:36:41 PM »

Not a good start to tonight, managed to get in a 4b pot with QQ<KJo on K high board for lots of money. Rebuild time..
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2013, 04:45:45 AM »

Been fun playing with the new & improved Nik Flanaganaganagan, hopefully recent events haven't put you off following your new style and your move up to the 1/2 games. Good luck mate keep going with the diary.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »

First up, I wanna say I'm definitely not a genius, but do have a few points here. First is that I agree with not value betting A8 in the first hand, because you aren't getting called by much worse, especially on a nitty table, ditto with the AK, I'm happier check calling after the Cbet, although in fairness I think I'm being a little results orientated there, two streets of value with TPTK is obviously normally a reasonable shout. The big thing I wanted to mention though is this thing with over-limping. I've heard a lot of people talk about this being a bad thing, but really, I fail to see why. With hands that play well multi-way, like small/medium pairs, suited connectors, some suited Ax hands (I have a friend who advocates playing suited Ax like small pocket pairs, and I am just in love with that analysis) then surely we want more people in the pot? With a suited Ax hand, I'm confident I can fold top pair and not suffer too much for any reverse implied shizzle with top pair weak kicker, and I'm looking for spots where i flop trips with my kicker, and big draws which can get paid off by weird limps who make two pair or worse flushes that would fold out to this "isolation" raise. Ditto for small/medium pairs, I want to flop a set in a multi way pot to get some action off it. With hands like a suited J10, whats the problem with over-limping? I'm not, by any means, saying that raising to isolate is bad, and making moves with these sorts of hands is bad, because mixing up my game in situations like this has been massively profitable for me. What I'm saying is that both are pretty viable options given the number of limpers, their tendencies, our position etc. Whats the harm in seeing a cheap flop every now and then? In tournament play I'm more of a fan of isolating and often overlimping in that situation can be terrible, but in a cash game, I don't have a problem with this at all.

*prepares to get berated for being a fish Wink*

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2013, 09:29:43 AM »

Who left gala?

You've been promoted to Nick Flaganan btw.

Can't fkin wait to get in these games!
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »

Rofl!

Alex left ;(

TR soon, pretty bad night on the whole though.. Will update when I'm out of bed cause I don't wanna do a long post on my phone.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »

Oh, sigh.

Pauls left too now as well
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »

Rofl!

Alex left ;(

TR soon, pretty bad night on the whole though.. Will update when I'm out of bed cause I don't wanna do a long post on my phone.
Such a ladies man.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2013, 12:03:04 PM »

Oh, sigh.

Pauls left too now as well

Sigh why?

Cheers for feedback Rexas, I just think they're a couple of value-cut spots.

TR Report;

Everyone sat with 200+ to start 1/1. Wasn't in a great position either as I had aggro guy to my left who's caused me a few problems before, will this be a problem for the new and improved Flaganan tho?

Folded a lot for a bit, was so card-dead, one guy who'd just lost half his stack 3b's an open to £15 out of a £100 stack. We look at  and plan to cold4/call,  we £46 to prevent peeling.. he peels  Grin. Plan B then. Nice flop plz.

three diamonds and he open jams for £60, we do a call and lose to  .

Reload £100 and go back to folding for a bit, it's actually astonishing how much I've changed over the past couple months, my mindset and general attitude have vastly improved, normally I'd take the above hand very badly but it phased me for about 5 seconds until I mucked OTR.

Then something happens away from the table that tilted me so fkn hard that I really don't want to go into. Spent like 20 mins away from my table and actually racked up because I didn't want to play anymore, took a short break to calm down a bit and then returned, big mistake really, should of just took a £100 loss and returned today..

Another hand comes up where I open  , I'd started opening up a lot more and people saw a few of the hands I was opening, J9o, 65, KJo to name a few and I was getting a bit more action. Guy who's buried and trying to get out of it 3b's from sb to £14, can already tell he doesn't have the heart to be in the hand but I intend to 4/call vs his £250 stack because of mood and game flow. We 4b to £31 and he quickly peels. Thought he was WIDE at this point, thought any pair and AT+ KJ+

Board comes  and he looks to donk lead, counts out £42, re-checks his cards then checks, this is something I've been paying attention to more and more as people give a lot of shit away needlessly. Not sure what to make of this though, didn't want to bet and have him c-jam with a FD or something like 88 so we c/behind.  three diamonds turn, he snap checks and we check. Pretty sure he has air at this point.  hits the river, he looks fed up and just slaps in a random amount which totals £57, we beat him in the pot with no pair and I just realised what I've done just trying to soul-read someone, all the colour leaves his face and I announce "no pair", he mucks flashing me  .

Very next hand I open  utg and same villain as above peels btn and carla goddard does a peel, I can feel the berating already Grin

We get a  two hearts three clubs flop and pot it £15, Carla loves to float, and villain is losing. They both call and we get the turn, Carla already looks interested before it's on her, both check again and we bet £34. Both call again, pretty sure I now don't have the best hand. The  hits the river for good measure to confirm I don't and I still stupidly call a £20 donk from villain OTR and he shows  .

Then lastly I tried a bluff on above villain which is dumb for a number of reasons, one I'm losing and my image is joke bad, two villain displays he can't fold a pair so to make him fold what I thought he had is a stretch, anyway on with the butchery.

I open  and he 3b's the small, bb cold peels and I peel, I'm now covered and the effective stack with £240.  two spades , villain leads £17, bb folds and I call. (thoughts? pre and flop.)  hits the turn and he tank bets £30, I make it £81 in short order and he goes into a long tank, pretty sure he's got a 5 at this point, and figure if I can either get there or jam if a diamond comes, he looks really uncomfortable calling and the  hits the river. I take about 10 seconds before jamming £140 and he sighs, says he played the hand terribly but can't fold now and calls with  .

Left the club shortly after. Pretty down that I tried a bluff, but mostly that I didn't leave a lot earlier, just wasn't my night though.

Spun my car on the way home just outside the club, was doing 50mph and just felt the front wheels go, few feet later my car is sliding sideways down a back street and I felt a small tip like it was about to roll. Luckily I didn't go off to meet my maker but the snow once again has given me a warning bite that I should take more notice of, was a little bit shook up but got home safe. I've had now 3 near misses in my car all during bad weather conditions, other 2 weren't my fault though. I wonder if this is gonna be one of those situations where I'm actually going to HAVE to crash my car to respect the snow more. Sounds sick but it's kind of how my brain works.

Just about to hop in the shower and go and pay George Osbourne £93.50 so I can drive my car legally on the roads which I can't currently because of the snow. I'm also un-sure whether the post office is even open so more than likely I'll be walking down to a closed post office and then stopping off in the bakery for a bacon and sausage baguette of awesomeness.

Gonna play tonight weather permitting, still + for the month but hope I don't have another night like last night.

Gl me.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »

Real sorry to hear about your bad run at the moment matey, hope you get out of it soon! May well be around this evening if you fancy a chat? Considering braving the roads from Essex back to notts :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 01:17:30 PM »

Unlucky Nik. Being new & improved is a tough gig. I know, l was that soldier.

Love the 'Warts and all' trip report. More of these please.

I'm busting to know about the off table incident, please feel free to PM me the details.

PS - Drive  carefully you pillock. It's not just your life you're risking.

X

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: