blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 03:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89252 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »

Do you do the same job as Jarmaine from X factor Nick?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »

Weekend TR soon, including pinging a gutter for a £600 pot 

APAT main today, would love to do well in this. Bit of grub and then legoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Gl me.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »

Take it down boi!

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »

APAT breakdown.

• got QQ a lot
[ ] won the pots.

Finally succumbed QQ<AK for 40 bigs. My mum told me there'd be days like this.

Currently stuck 150 on cash, and the crank shaft sensor on my car has broken on the way here. I actually run GOOD because I thought it was the cam belt or the alternator which a lot more expensive.

Lets get out of this hole.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

Monthly stats. This doesn't include online.

52 Hours Tournament Poker.

+1065

92 Hours Cash Poker

£2895 total.

+£1835

Hourly rates;

£19.94 p/h - Cash poker.
£20.48 p/h - Tournament poker.

Biggest/Worst days;

Biggest tournament win = £850 (not including money to backers)
Biggest Cash Win = £480
Biggest Tournament Loss = £110
Biggest Cash Loss = £440

1k swing yesterday. Incoming TR.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2013, 07:19:08 PM »

Great results / hourly. Volume a bit poor, but I suppose you have one of those "job" things so I'll let you off Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »

Great results / hourly. Volume a bit poor, but I suppose you have one of those "job" things so I'll let you off Tongue

I might be off with the volume slightly, feel like I played a LOT this month. Forgot to note down so I've had to read through text messages.

But yeah being a muggle does affect volume slightly Wink
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »

My average over the past 2.5 years is 128/month, but over the last 12months or so is more like 140. Doesn't sound like a lot, but feels like loads.

How many hours/month do you work at Tesco?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2013, 07:49:57 PM »

My average over the past 2.5 years is 128/month, but over the last 12months or so is more like 140. Doesn't sound like a lot, but feels like loads.

Contractually. 105 p/m

Realistically. 120 p/m
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »

Contractually. 105 p/m

Realistically. 120 p/m

pretty strong combined volume

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »

Every little helps.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »

144 on poker and 120 on job... when do you find time to please #2

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2013, 10:12:08 PM »

So this week has been pretty fun, had a deep run in a tournament with a chunk up top, entered some fun tournaments, and won/lost some huge pots on cash.

The XXL wasn't something I was looking forward to in all honesty, the day was already planned to be a huge fuck up but I went with a plan of headphones and HOOOOOOOOD, didn't work out very well as I spent most of level 1 chatting to the dealer and a v good player on my table. We're soon cruising with a 50k stack and I've already got my eyes on the prize (2.5k) with 50 still to go at 800/1600. I also, in an attempt in showing off I guess accidentally misclick when I meant to peel a raise to 2100 and instead managed to somehow get a purple in there and made it 6100! My face when he jammed was something the entire table found hilarious Grin

Get moved to a new table, good player on my right now and I keep her in check a lot, slam dunk folded  to her jam OTB for about 25bb's, she claimed 88 but I still think it's a fold considering how strong I thought she was.

We're on the bubble and there's a guy asking for everyone to play "Very slow please" seeing as he 8k at 3/6, I remind him about the hand for hand rule and we get in a 5 minute palava about how other people are playing and we aren't, that's because their hand isn't completed yet! Sigh why do I even open my mouth in situations like this? It's like word vomit. Stfu next time. He ends up making the money after I get ridic lucky opening  in CO vs 2 nit blinds, bb jams for 5bb's and I obv can't fold, lucky she doesn't have me crushed with  , until we get the death flop of  , I'm already getting my cards ready to toss them right in the muck until a beautiful  hits the river for me to scoop.

We're on the final with 250k at 10k/20k/2k so not a lot of play, I don't pick up anything remotely playable, only hand I folded which is maybe a cawl is when a nit jams and I fold ATo for 8 bigs, he flashes me KK. We have the shortest rail ever where alex and Sean see me jam T5o OTB with 3 bigs at 30/60k/10k and it gets through! Then geeg K9<A2  next hand. Ship the moneyyyyyy in 6th.

Went onto the 1/1 with an incred table of flush, belton, kinboshi and evilpie. Ended up giving evilpie 200 of my pounds when he had the nizzles! Sigh! He played it well, I ofc didn't #butcher.

Go absolutely batshit pre after this, not steaming it just seems to be my new style vs a tighter table, basically played/3b every hand until the game went stale. Moved to the much loved 50/1 100bb poker. Got told off twice by Carla before I'd even been dealt a hand for;

1; Sitting with £102.50
2; Sitting with my reload on the rail

Basically won every hand I played. Got in  vs  on  ended up making dat flush and AK>KK pre. Deffo won't be gracing 50/1 though, it's hard enough to beat the rake at 1/1 never mind when you can only sit with a maximum £100, I know it sounds bad, I'm not a balla by any means but I'd say it's hard enough beating 10% rake without only being allowed to sit with 100bb's.

Friday.

So the 6max was going great. I played like one of dem pesky internet kids and won a lot of pots with below average holdings. Also had the abso NUT dealer which was a big morale boost, had to impress after misclicking the other day Angry

Got moved table, lots of big stacks but all unknowns. Some random limps OTB and small limps and we check  from the big. Get an ok flop of  , I heard straights were good so did a bet, got called twice. Decided to do another bet on a  turn and button calls, I now have a 2x PSB left on the river which is  Two Diamonds, I go for a half pot bet and he goes into the tank, was feeling pretty good when he just called, fastrolled the straight and he shows  EH KID? Couldn't even comprehend what was going on, dealer just destroys the board without noticing the guy has just called with the nuts on the river.

Crippled I soon bust with  being no good vs  for all my chips pre so we decide to sit for a bit of 1/1. Had position on mike who I respect a lot, we ordered the breakfast x2 and I was salavating at the thought of destroying some nosh.

I'm soon £100 winner, feeling pretty comfortable, guy tries angle shooting me and another guy where he acts like he meant to call a £4 raise but "two chips got stuck" even though they obviously didn't, anyway he makes it £10 and we have  OTB, I just fold because he has £80 behind, and the other guy has a determined look on his face, anyway we fold and instantly a 4b goes in, predictably angle shooter jams and says "Ha you didn't expect that did you?", they get it all in and we see the  three clubs board and want to vomit. Only to be very happy once I found out his "one pair" which I assumed was AA was actually QQ! He says "well I only have a pair in my hand, everyone can use that Q on the board" he later pipes up "why can't someone have JJ there?"

Don't tell him will you? Wink

Anyway he spews a bit to me, tries getting to see my hand at showdown when I don't have to show etc, trying to tilt me. Obv it doesn't work and I make sure I do everything possible to not get slowrolled. He later goes broke twice and I feel karma giving me a nice massage cause I can't get one the regular way, where the fk are the masseuses!?

I later lose all my profit hero calling a maniac with  on  , was a 4b pot and he tank-jammed the turn, I call it off and he slowrolls  on a  river, he mentions "I thought you had a full house" I politely inform him the board isn't paired "I wasn't looking at the board", how do you know your K8 wins then met? We leave shortly after, was tired anyway and I didn't want to spew or end up falling asleep in the car on the way home.

Saturday;

Won a huge pot to basically start the night. Table was very tight apart from one guy who wanted to gamble it up a lot, I 3b  and he cold peels, I end up calling him down and check-jam a miracle gutshot on the river for a full double, I GIQ cause I completely misread him strength wise.

No other hands that I can remember..

Sunday

Half way driving over, my car splutters and almost cuts out, the engine management light comes on and I'm preparing for a breakdown, I somehow make it to DTD and call the breakdown service, turns out it's my crank shaft sensor (?) and it's only a small job to sort. I'd love to get a new car but it's gonna be a sizeable portion of the roll.

The APAT went very badly, thought I had a great starting table, one guy gambling and tilting before we even start, the whole table arguing, 2 people who didn't know the chip denominations.

Quietly c-folded  on  vs a donk bet and call in 3b pot.

We pick up QQ 4 times in the first 3 levels and lose every pot. Felt very very demoralised after I busted finally cold4/calling vs the maniac earlier with  , K right on the flop to send me out. I know it's tournaments and variance so it only bothered me for a short while, it DID bother me though. I think it's healthy but at the same time I can't let it affect my mood when playing cash games afterwards.

Soon I find myself stuck £400 due to a lot of coolers and a BAD BAD BAD LEARN FROM THIS bluff. Belton and lad join the table and it starting to look very reggy. Me and belton soon get in a pot where I open  over his straddle, lad peels and sean squeezes to £31. Stacks are £210 effective. I peel cause IMO sean is light in this spot a light, he's in position to lad and knows I raise/fold a bunch. We get a flop of  and he quickly bets £45, I decide to jam.

Sean calls pretty quickly and I start to think I really don't have the best hand. I make a comment that I've jammed and turned a pair into a bluff but it's not really what I meant. My jam is meant to LOOK like a bluff but maybe my hand is a little too "good" for that. I'd be interested to know what people do apart from fold pre. I won't spoil the result of the hand.

I move to 1/1 PLO as the game dies. And soon get in a humungo pot with lad where I raised pre over the double straddle with  and he pots the button. Both of us have around £350 when the hand starts. I peel and we get it all in on  three clubs and I'm lucky enough to make a straight on the river to get me out of the hole for the day and a considerable winner. People said the hand played itself but I'm by no means a PLO expert so I just GIQ as I don't like taking mega pots off my good friends. I've said it over and over, we all want to win and make money but I'm not going to deliberately go out and try and take my good friends money.

And that's the end of march, happy with the results I posted, a few hands I butchered, some I won, some I didn't. But I think the player I was pre-march has gone and the player I'm hoping to become will start to emerge more and more through April.

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »

144 on poker and 120 on job... when do you find time to please #2

Click to see full-size image.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »

Morning!

Few questions....

Why fold 66 5 handed Wink your money would have looked great in my wallet....

do you think its easier with the hours you work to fit poker in also. Was thinking about this today when i was waking up at 7.30 after no sleep till 4. Id much rather have got up just before session played poker and then gone work, but then if i had lost a bit playing pokers i couldn't help but think im coming to work just to recover 1/4 of my poker loses etc etc! so imo

9to5<3amtomidday!

question3 where are we staying in vegas!

P.S sorry this was not a troll.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: