blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:53:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89128 times)
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07:03 PM »

Ok TR. Get the feeling this is gonna get some interest.

Uncapped 1/2, OOP to Vargas and Alex with loads (2k+), Rexas, Belton, and couple of non-regs. Was pretty good but I never got anything going, was card dead for most of the night. Don't think I ever had a profit of over 100 which probably means I'm not good enough to beat the game, idk. The game felt huge, casual £80 pots going to flops when I'm used to it being £10.

A few spots came up, one where I had to fold AA otf on K64hh after a shit load of action, ended up being a bare K vs a FD, he got there so I guess I'm not too bothered. Lost half my stack TT<KJo pre vs a frustrated guy who was looking to gamble, ran a bluff against Sean where I 3b pre and bet/bet/jammed on T62JJxxddx, could actually feel myself shaking as the pot got huge. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, I love the rush but feel like I'm playing over my roll/skill level to "enjoy the swings". Hero'd vargas with Queen high in a 75bb pot which was good Grin #station

Finally busto'd where I value cut myself vs alex where I opened AK, got 5 callers. A86r, reg donks £14, me £35, alex cold calls which I don't like but obv I have a strong hand, 9 on turn, £50 each. and Jammed a Q river which is probably bad as I'm not sure he calls worse, he tank called with 89 which made a lot of sense. Felt like I didn't play my best but that's maybe cause I lost 500.

Was about to go home and stef text me to say a great game was going at Gala, so I flicked it in. Game was great, lots of money and felt I was capable of winning in the game.

Immediately double a guy with AK<A9o all in pre for 100, chipsssssss. Take a short break as I actually felt on tilt that I was now stuck 600 due to really not much fault of my own, get back and run nut flush into quads  chipsssssssssssss.

So I'm now in for a bag, feeling surprisingly calm as I'm on for my biggest losing day. Game goes to one table and I proceed to probably play 80/60/25 until 7:30am (Work at Cool where I win every orphan pot and every 3b pot possible but still run bad in the big ones. KK<AJo in pre for £160, puke.

Left a £700 loser which really hurt. Biggest losing day but felt like I couldn't of done anything to save about £500 of it. Probably gonna avoid reggish 1/2 for a while though, it plays sick high and I feel actually scared the amount of money that goes in some of the pots.

Playing tonight even though I have work at 4am, degens gotta degen. Gl me.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »

Will hopefully see you at dusk later matey,

I had one of my biggest ever losing days whilst at the GPS on thursday, and as I got told by a certain hero, you can take comfort in the fact that you will definitely have worse. I definitely feel like those 1/2 games play too big for me sometimes, I just happened to be in probably the best possible seat at that table, so I went for staying in it. I do tend to avoid these games though, simply because there are times when I start thinking about it in terms of money rather than chips, and its at that point that I stop making anywhere near good decisions. Everybody loves the #swings

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »

Get on the 1/1 mate. So much more fun, plus you crush Cheesy

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:28 PM »

Disagree, the 1/2 is hilarious when it's full of heroes like Nik belton Vargas etc

U've just ran cold last two sessions I've played with you, obv super common. Man up and lovethegame imo!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »

Disagree, the 1/2 is hilarious when it's full of heroes like Nik belton Vargas etc

U've just ran cold last two sessions I've played with you, obv super common. Man up and lovethegame imo!

Alex just wants your money mate. shark

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2013, 12:51:36 PM »

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »

Get on the 1/1 mate. So much more fun, plus you crush Cheesy

1/1 is like 95% of my live play still, deffo think most tables I'm capable of being +EV and beating the general level of play. Rake is a small problem but I'm playing more games where it's 5% which is more manageable.

It's fun and nice to challenge myself, lot to learn though and it's v expensive to "learn" in an uncapped 1/2, I'd buy for shorter but I just hate it and feel like I'm grimming the game buying in short as me losing even a medium sized pot leaves me crippled.

Running cold always happens, to everyone. I've taken it pretty well although it's cost me about 1.1k!  

Always gonna lovethegame Smiley never stop loving the want to play and the people I've met playing!

LDO!  
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »

MC on my 1/1 tonight Shocked
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »

Bankroll Management ftw <3
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2013, 12:59:52 AM »

Bumhunting ftw <3

fyp

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »

Almost out of my 1k hole I dug for myself last week. Had a pretty good night on the hole last night, narrowly missing out on a 1.1k tourney score which obv would of been nice.

Starting the 1/1 early at dusk tonight with a few regs. Should be fun. And someone's gotta give dusk some money cause apparently they don't want to make any the regular way by you know, running a tournament that isn't a satellite for a 6 day event.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »

Almost out of my 1k hole I dug for myself last week. Had a pretty good night on the hole last night, narrowly missing out on a 1.1k tourney score which obv would of been nice.

Starting the 1/1 early at dusk tonight with a few regs. Should be fun. And someone's gotta give dusk some money cause apparently they don't want to make any the regular way by you know, running a tournament that isn't a satellite for a 6 day event.

I hope you meant 'a good night on the whole'

Then again......

The older I get, the better I was.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »

. And someone's gotta give dusk some money cause apparently they don't want to make any the regular way by you know, running a tournament that isn't a satellite for a 6 day event.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »

Then again......

Wheyyyy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2013, 08:28:31 PM »

Then again......

Wheyyyy

Obvious Freudian slip is obvious
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: