blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:57:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89205 times)
Mehtab

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 19, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »

Hey Mate, read through this over the last few days and feel a bit deprived as a reader that you've tailed off a little lately. Swings are part of the poker game, probably easier to manage when playing within your regular game and/or roll.

If you feel the downswing is affecting your ability at the table then a break is good (we all need one whatever "job" we're doing) but if mentally you're still all there then your next hand is your next hand, no matter when it may be.

Enjoy your honest HH analysis and thoughts/reasoning during hands (whether they turn out to be correct or not).

Hope you're back at the tables enjoying the undoubted forthcoming upswing soon -  having made most of your break i.e. Girl #69 Wink
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 19, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »

I love poker.

I love everything about it, people I've met I wouldn't have, the intense strategy, the adrenaline I get playing a pot with chips covering the middle, running a huge bluff.

Lately I've not been having a good time, whether it's me playing poorly, running terribly or both I've not been putting W's in the column at the end of the night and it's getting to me.

Taking a small break, not sure how long, not really enjoying the live poker scene in nottingham either for some reason, maybe that's just a side effect of the run bad, we'll see.

Might give london a visit solo when I return, or perhaps give home turf another shot.

Either way gl me.

Moan moan moan moan . Every poker players does this . Some even kick off , some monk on , some can't stop loosing , some can't stop winning , some have delete stuff , sine have to storm off . Fuck the poker and enjoy sunshine

Subtle, Frankie Wink

Seriously though, what he says about poker and sunshine is pretty much spot on. I know you're not much of a morning person, but if you're seriously planning on taking a couple of weeks off then make sure you get yourself out of bed during the daylight hours. Come out with the boys (and probably girls) one day/night next week. Let's get massages or something. We'll forget all about poker for the time being, and give London a shot when we get rid of the sour taste that this line of work sometimes leaves you with.

#nohomo
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 19, 2013, 12:35:33 PM »

When u play this cards game or any gambling game , u knew the down swing going to massive . Either u take or u leave it! I once staked 5 players playing a comp in a weekend n it's cost md £5k in buyin . Believe me , none of them  cash !!! I took on the chin . If u think that u can't take the risk of downswing , I think u should apply to work at Asda or Tesco , where the bad beats are only from the old age pensioners ! Gl dude
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 19, 2013, 02:24:58 PM »

When u play this cards game or any gambling game , u knew the down swing going to massive . Either u take or u leave it! I once staked 5 players playing a comp in a weekend n it's cost md £5k in buyin . Believe me , none of them  cash !!! I took on the chin . If u think that u can't take the risk of downswing , I think u should apply to work at Asda or Tesco , where the bad beats are only from the old age pensioners ! Gl dude

Any jobs at your chippy? And are staff allowed to eat during their shift? Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 19, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »

Any jobs at your chippy? And are staff allowed to eat during their shift? Smiley

The job are to hard for u to handle . Yes, staff are allow to eat on their break .
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 19, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »

When u play this cards game or any gambling game , u knew the down swing going to massive . Either u take or u leave it! I once staked 5 players playing a comp in a weekend n it's cost md £5k in buyin . Believe me , none of them  cash !!! I took on the chin . If u think that u can't take the risk of downswing , I think u should apply to work at Asda or Tesco , where the bad beats are only from the old age pensioners ! Gl dude

The job are to hard for u to handle . Yes, staff are allow to eat on their break .

I know Smiley Hard work and me don't mix too well! Smiley

And you give people breaks, don't believe you Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2013, 10:26:33 AM »

I love poker.

I love everything about it, people I've met I wouldn't have, the intense strategy, the adrenaline I get playing a pot with chips covering the middle, running a huge bluff.

Lately I've not been having a good time, whether it's me playing poorly, running terribly or both I've not been putting W's in the column at the end of the night and it's getting to me.

Taking a small break, not sure how long, not really enjoying the live poker scene in nottingham either for some reason, maybe that's just a side effect of the run bad, we'll see.

Might give london a visit solo when I return, or perhaps give home turf another shot.

Either way gl me.

Moan moan moan moan . Every poker players does this . Some even kick off , some monk on , some can't stop loosing , some can't stop winning , some have delete stuff , sine have to storm off . Fuck the poker and enjoy sunshine

Wise words Frankie. Been meaning to write a piece on balance(life balance) will get it done later today and post up on the forum. Enjoy the sunshine indeed.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »

Highlights from our 3 way OFC session, memorable quotes.

Fred "This is a shit fantasyland, I'm not even retriggering, I only have quads"

Fred also says the implied odds of fantasyland for him are immense because he has massive skill edge, I assume this skill edge is not noticing retriggers and generally whaling about. Relax Fred it's good for your image Wink

Alex "This is a shit card" "Fuck off" "I've just pulled running KJ to misset"

Nik "balls"

OFC went well, poker not so good. I keep losing to flushes Cheesy
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2013, 10:27:21 AM »

In an average 4 hour cash session

100 hands played
Average person may hit 2/3 flushes.
Nik hits 235 flushes in this time

What a life

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 07, 2013, 11:38:59 AM »

Take more strange lines mett
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 07, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »

Strange

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2013, 05:00:43 PM »

Oh u guys
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »

More TRs needed in championship regs diaries imo

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 07, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »

More TRs needed in championship regs diaries imo

It'd be strange not to.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »

Been a crazy couple of days poker wise. Deffo high and lows.

Highs;

Came down to Dusk thursday, it's normally dead but I rock up to the cash desk "1/2 Nik? Seat free" I snap accept, something I probably wouldn't of done a few months ago, game was really good, good mixture of regs/recs. Proceeded to run like fucking god for the entire session and couldn't really do anything wrong, even a few bluffs worked  

2nd hand I got AA vs AA, think my first time ever, just chopped it pre with kurt, super nice guy as always offering the chop.  Smiley

Would of been fun to look at "pots won I put chips in" stat from that session, probably something absurd like 90%! Always fun to run good.

Lows; (Warning this contains HH's)

Flicked it in for the friday deepstack, 10k isn't something to be sniffed at imo. I'm actually a fan of the structure/payout scheme.

Started mashing really early, was up to 50k from the first break just doing ma thing, then things got a bit bleak when we hit the 600/1200 level, had a guy I've played with a lot who loves to do goofy stuff like limp UTG and then squeeze JTo etc, we had plans to win a big one.

He's just lost a huge pot and probably a bit tilted, limps, another guy limps and we find   OTB, I cover him just with 60k and make it 5100, folds back to him and he insta piles and we snap and lose to  

12k stack on the break and I'm already scouting the cash games, phone is dead, no music. I LOVE TOURNAMENTS <3333

I come back off the break after a tea and a bit of fresh air and get a couple of shoves through with KQ and 99. Then double with AA>AQ for 30k.

We're back on 60k again at 1k/2k and in the big when villain from earlier limps again, 3 others limp to us and we 12k with   , he looks to pile again but hollywood folds, to my surprise another limper now piles for 200k and guy on the button snaps! I flick it in super fast (probably too quick)
and discover I'm against a predicted   and a not so predicted   two spades!

Be kind please dealer, I'd like this pot.   . Oh dear. I'll get my coat.  .. ANY BRICKS IN THIS DECK DEALER...  

180k now and we're moved to table EvilPie, he looks to be mashing, instantly we get 3b and figure we're in for a long one but he leaves me alone for most of it. Folded   after I opened 8k at 2k/4k got one call and unknown piles 140k in, still not sure. JJ claimed..

All went a bit shit from here, just saw villain 3b/f AJo for 3rd of his stack and then double with AQ>44 for a 125k stack, he makes it 9500 and we have AKo in the CO, we make it 21.5k and he snap piles, we snap and basically get flopped dead by QQ. Sad

50k, last level and another table move, need to mash now. Pretty decent table, people still limping and 5x'ing, shame we keep looking at 94o.. We finally find 77 with a 48k stack at 2500/5000/500 when UTG opens for 20k, I pile hoping for a flip, he tank calls (lol) with   and we don't win, 15 mins from the end. This is now my 5th "last level bust" and came home very demoralised, think I text my dad something along the lines of "Another day wasted, should of just stayed on cash", this is standard Flanagan bustout syndrome and probably the reason I don't play a lot of tournaments  Grin

Cliffs, won 1.6k in a 1/2.

Lost £60 in a tournament.

Oh yeah.. I'm playing the 5pm flight today.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:55:16 PM by tight4better » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: