blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89175 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 13, 2013, 11:55:54 AM »

surely there were no mentions of 'bowl comps'in this diary, after what ive seen posted in others?!

Pretty much predicted this from you, very boring.

There's also a massive difference between me saying people have an opinion on a tournament buy in/pay out structure rather than personally attacking people who beat me a hand by scouting their hendon mob.

I've also mentioned that I didn't say it was "too bowl" otherwise it would of been ridiculous wasting 21 hours of my time and £120 just to try and make day 2 of a tournament I considered "bowl and top heavy" I was merely commenting on why others aren't playing as the guarantee wasn't made.

Learn the difference before trolling again, and come with something new, been wasting the trolls on 5 different forums for the past 10 years and you're a very bitter pathetic attempt just because I called your buddy out for something totally unacceptable.

Not sure what all this is about fellas, but lets cool it please? On here, anyway.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 13, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »

surely there were no mentions of 'bowl comps'in this diary, after what ive seen posted in others?!

I think u need to troll the MENTAL HOSPITAL  rather than talk nonsense on poker forum dude !
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »

20% up top pretty standard. I guess for 1k runner comps actually 18% is a bit more standard but not worth arguing about surely!?

And also the 10k first prize is a good advert for the comp, it is pretty incredible the thought of winning 200x your money and TEN THOUSAND POUNDS for a £50 outlay. Definitely a better marketing ploy to up it a bit to 10k rather than have it at 9.2k to keep all the structure geeks happy Tongue

I don't think the comp is aimed at 1/2 regs at all

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:29 PM »

Obviously a £60 comp is going to be 'bowl' to some regardless of the guarantee or payout structure etc. It just depends what you're definition of 'bowl' is. It's a buy-in level that people trying to earn a wage from playing the comp won't be interested in (although that's clearly not the target market) just because it's a £60 comp, so even with an avg ROI of 100% (probs not going to be loads higher than this for anyone entering) you're going to be making £60 in x hours play, where x will be a big number. It's clearly a great comp with a good payout structure and an excellent guarantee, but it will be much better for a recreational player looking for a good comp with a shot at really good money for very little investment.

Personally not too bothered if people call something bowl, it's all relative. So long as those who say things are bowl aren't offended when someone who plays much bigger than them calls the stuff they play bowly. Not really an offensive term as such, just a way of saying it's small-stakes to that individual. That said, some people clearly say it in a derogatory way, which isn't cool.
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 13, 2013, 01:18:30 PM »

Evie the dealer is the best. That is all.

Do you want to talk about it? Wink

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »

It's clearly a great comp with a good payout structure and an excellent guarantee, but it will be much better for a recreational player looking for a good comp with a shot at really good money for very little investment.

Agree, and I think recreational players have a very big part to play in the welfare of the club so some festival events should be catered for them.

Personally not too bothered if people call something bowl, it's all relative. So long as those who say things are bowl aren't offended when someone who plays much bigger than them calls the stuff they play bowly. Not really an offensive term as such, just a way of saying it's small-stakes to that individual. That said, some people clearly say it in a derogatory way, which isn't cool.

Honestly it's been bought up so many times now I tire of it, 99% of people use it as a joke and that's how it should be taken. Eg "Min-Cashed for a bowl, sigh, was chipleading till I spewed."
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2013, 01:20:09 PM »

Evie the dealer is the best. That is all.

Do you want to talk about it? Wink

Stay awayyyyyy.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »

Was pretty fun moment this morning- am staying in Mums flat in Edinburgh, went to make myself a bowl of cereal. At home I have really nice big bowls to fit in all the cereals that I like. All there was here was this tiny little bowl that could fit about 12 Cheerios in.

My first thought- "that's a bowl bowl"

Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »

ha, i do apologise, mainly to tighty. my comment was highly tongue in cheek, and to suggest i am trolling is highly unfair, not my intention, but i guess slightly justifiable in this case! ha wasting trolls for 10 years? can tell u liked playing harry potter on the PS2 then Wink
must agree hugely with alex, all about a big bowl when it comes to cereal. interesting your a cheerio man, as a bit of a degen have always been any cereal with 'nuts' in! anyone else with a fave cereal?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2013, 05:41:43 PM »

Was pretty fun moment this morning- am staying in Mums flat in Edinburgh, went to make myself a bowl of cereal. At home I have really nice big bowls to fit in all the cereals that I like. All there was here was this tiny little bowl that could fit about 12 Cheerios in.

Cheesy

Every time I have cereal for breakfast I think of you and your ridiculous bowls. #nohomo

I swear you used to eat out of a punch bowl. Loudly, too.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2013, 05:55:25 PM »

Cheesy

Every time I have cereal for breakfast I think of you and your ridiculous bowls. #nohomo

I swear you used to eat out of a punch bowl. Loudly, too.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »

So arrived early on sunday for day2 of the deepstack with 400k 0 big blinds.

Went for nandos with Sean, he was sitting on the 50/1 rofl'ing around so we decide to sit in and quickly lose a buy-in with  vs  in a 3b pot on  .

Did a few flips and basically just degenned the table for a while before devouring some chicken, Sean was doing his balls then magically found JJ AND TT blind and doubled both times so I was the big loser (we decided winner pays for nandos, this actually didn't happen, so you owe me Sean)

Came back, still no 1/1! Sigh. Rebought and don't think I played another hand till we moved, got on a much better 1/1 game and won a few/lost a few can't remember anything real big.

Sean wanted to kick it up to 1/2, few groans but we did eventually some people over, one guy who didn't say a word and just stared at his iPad, didn't join in with conversation or say basically anything at all, I know everyone is entitled to do what they want but I think it's in the best interests of poker and the game in general if the live scene is a chatty friendly place, I know most of the time I don't seem like a very friendly face seeing as I'm incapable of smiling and sometimes "hood" up but I'm pretty chatty and generally don't shut the fuck up when you get to know me.

Did a lot better on the 1/2, we even got a Fred to join us, standard that he comes and sits down and doubles first hand, who says this guy runs bad?! Also got Frankie <3 and a few other fun faces. I got lucky a bit  with AT>AQ for £100 in pre but then just seemed to be in the zone. Thing about my game is if I have a good start I'm generally in the zone the entire night but a bad start to the game can only end in disaster, this obviously has to change and I need to be focused 100% of the time.

Had some double glazing done today, delightfully I was told yesterday he was coming to do them today, this is after I've awoken at 2pm so last nights 10pm bedtime went well [ ] think I finally dropped off about 3am, 7am they turn up, radio full blast and the window in my room needed changing so obviously I needed to be awake and move my shit. Pretty amazing how quickly my body has got used to 6am finishes instead of 3am starts.

Manchester tonight with Fred, if he fucking wakes up! Already knackered from being up 13 hours already and dunno what time he went to bed but it's 6:15 now, was supposed to be meeting him at 7 and still no answer.

Friends eh?  Grin

Had this on repeat all day, enjoy.
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »

Sean wanted to kick it up to 1/2, few groans but we did eventually some people over, one guy who didn't say a word and just stared at his iPad, didn't join in with conversation or say basically anything at all, I know everyone is entitled to do what they want but I think it's in the best interests of poker and the game in general if the live scene is a chatty friendly place, I know most of the time I don't seem like a very friendly face seeing as I'm incapable of smiling and sometimes "hood" up but I'm pretty chatty and generally don't shut the fuck up when you get to know me.

Also by Sean, I expect?

Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »

Had some double glazing done today, delightfully I was told yesterday he was coming to do them today.

Sigh. Should have messaged me!!
Good to see an update on this blog. My favourite if all.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »

So arrived early on sunday for day2 of the deepstack with 400k 0 big blinds.

Went for nandos with Sean, he was sitting on the 50/1 rofl'ing around so we decide to sit in and quickly lose a buy-in with  vs  in a 3b pot on  .

Did a few flips and basically just degenned the table for a while before devouring some chicken, Sean was doing his balls then magically found JJ AND TT blind and doubled both times so I was the big loser (we decided winner pays for nandos, this actually didn't happen, so you owe me Sean)

Came back, still no 1/1! Sigh. Rebought and don't think I played another hand till we moved, got on a much better 1/1 game and won a few/lost a few can't remember anything real big.

Did a lot better on the 1/2, we even got a Fred to join us, standard that he comes and sits down and doubles first hand, who says this guy runs bad?! Also got Frankie <3 and a few other fun faces. I got lucky a bit  with AT>AQ for £100 in pre but then just seemed to be in the zone. Thing about my game is if I have a good start I'm generally in the zone the entire night but a bad start to the game can only end in disaster, this obviously has to change and I need to be focused 100% of the time.

Had some double glazing done today, delightfully I was told yesterday he was coming to do them today, this is after I've awoken at 2pm so last nights 10pm bedtime went well [ ] think I finally dropped off about 3am, 7am they turn up, radio full blast and the window in my room needed changing so obviously I needed to be awake and move my shit. Pretty amazing how quickly my body has got used to 6am finishes instead of 3am starts.

Manchester tonight with Fred, if he fucking wakes up! Already knackered from being up 13 hours already and dunno what time he went to bed but it's 6:15 now, was supposed to be meeting him at 7 and still no answer.

Friends eh?  Grin

Had this on repeat all day, enjoy.

Nothing to do with my snap chat this is it?!?

I've got full on addicted to that song. Bruno is a babe!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: