blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:42:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Steak Pie Vol IV - I think.......... SOLD OUT (mugs ITT)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steak Pie Vol IV - I think.......... SOLD OUT (mugs ITT)  (Read 16228 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

Hello everybody.

It's been a while since I put up a staking thread but finally Steak Pie is back in force for what I think is it's 4th incarnation. Previous ventures have yielded a few small profits, a couple of sweats and a bit of fun but unfortunately never a huge bink. Maybe this will be the one.

I think everybody on here knows me well enough to not require details other than to let you know the comp I'm playing.

It's this little fella in Marbella: http://www.gsoplive.com/events/marbella/

I head over there on Tuesday just as Goulden, Deadman, several other good players and Mitch are heading back to the UK to play the Monte Carlo at DTD.

Hopefully this will leave a bunch of fish there to play against. Just in case it doesn't I'm taking my own in the form of a Hopkin and a Giblin so we should be fine.

Buy in is €1100. At the x-rate I got that works out at £958 or thereabouts.

In order to keep the numbers simple I'm going to call it £1000. This equates to a mark up of about 1.04 which will be spent on either alcohol, strippers or a combination of the two.

I have to be clear that this mark up isn't justified in any way whatsoever. I have no idea what my return rate is in this comp. I'm going to guess that most of the time it's sweet FA but you never know what could happen if everything goes in my favour.

The potential down sides of this investment:

There is a risk that I may decide not to play. When I get to Spain I may realise that it's much more life EV to sit by a pool with a cocktail in the sun that sit in a poker room for up to 4 days. This is not primarily a poker trip for me. I like drinking, I like sunshine, I like fit women. If a combination of these 3 appears to be available then the whole thing gets cancelled and you all get your money back. Actually I'll spend your money on lager and women and you'll get some new money back when I return. You'll get a full report on where your money goes though so it may work out better than if I play.

I may get drunk before, during or after each day of poker. How drunk I may get is a complete unknown. It might not even happen but it's only fair that you're aware it could before you part with any cash. I've got my own money up there as well though so whatever happens I'll be playing to win.

I know there's a lot of nosey people out there who like to know why people are selling so I'll let you know. The sole reason for selling is that I'm probably going to lose and I'd rather lose £500 than a bag. Let's be honest that's the reason everybody sells anyway they just don't admit it. If I thought I was going to win I wouldn't sell. Let's face it that would just be stupid of me.

I'll be playing regardless of selling out or not so there's no worries there.

Selling up to 50% at £10 per 1%

10% has already gone to a regular investor which leaves 40% up for grabs

I'd much rather have lot's of small investors than a couple of bigger ones for the potential fun factor if I have a run at it but I won't put any restrictions on either way.

Payment must be bank tx only. I won't accept stars money because I'll just spunk it up the wall. If I know you well enough then cash when I next see you will work as well.

Flame away... Go on I dare you..... See where it gets you!!

The team:

Tikay 7.5% - PAID £75  
Eck 5% - PAID £50  
Hopkin 5% - Sorting off thread
Bobalike 5% - PAID £50  
Booder 0.5% - PAID £5 
Ralph 5% - Owes £50
Giblin 5% - Paying cash on Tuesday
Nirvana 5% - PAID £50  
Fraser 7.5% - PAID £75  
Ray 2.5% - PAID £25  
Titbeam 1% - Pie special freeroll
Lee the Fish 2% - PAID £20  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:14:51 PM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »

TL:DR

5% please
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »

5% please!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »

Cant believe you bottled the restrictions.....

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 07:52:42 PM »

Cant believe you bottled the restrictions.....

Got scared. Thought I might not sell any!!

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »

5% please Matt bank or next time at DTD. Up to you mate.

Ah! The element of surprise
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 07:59:42 PM »

0.5 % pls

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 08:49:51 PM »

Best staking proposal ever.

"....lets be honest, that's the reason everyone sells anyway......."

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 09:01:29 PM »

Haha good luck.!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »

Before I decide - any chance of knowing how soft the field is ?

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 09:13:36 PM »

Ooh yes. And will it have loads of satellite qualifiers?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »

Excellent question re qualifiers, last point - your approx rating of whether you're top 10-15% most talented in the field ?

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »

Before I decide - any chance of knowing how soft the field is ?

It's going to be one of the softest tournaments of the year full of Spanish whales and terrabad spaztard donks.

It's got to be one of the best value comps you'll ever see hence why I feel selling at spot is almost justifiable.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »

what were the restrictions?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »

5% or rest whichever is the lesser.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: