blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272611 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Electronic Cigarettes...
Poll
Question: Should Electronic Cigerettes be used in cardrooms?Huh?
Yer let them puff away
Yer but a spot away from the tables
No not at all

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Electronic Cigarettes...  (Read 16187 times)
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2013, 12:18:55 PM »

Carcinogens are released by the burning of the tobacco - a person 'smoking' e-cigs (apparently) is only breathing out water vapour.

Thus, they require banning about as much as a hydrogen cell car on health and environmental grounds.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 07:55:59 AM »

a person 'smoking' e-cigs (apparently) is only breathing out water vapour.

Not true. They are producing all kinds of crap for the rest of us to breathe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2402108/E-cigarettes-harmful-cigarettes-cause-cancer-claims-study.html
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 08:22:23 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2402108/E-cigarettes-harmful-cigarettes-cause-cancer-claims-study.html

Daily Mail in "X" causes cancer article shocker Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 08:26:28 AM »

Beat me to it.

Where's the evidence?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 08:39:48 AM »

Beat me to it.

Where's the evidence?

Well, there is some published research on it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23467656/

Whilst I'd be reasonably happy sitting next to someone producing 1/450th of the cancer causing chemicals of a normal cigarette, I don't think I can say the same about 1/9th. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »

Abstract from quoted report:

'From these results, risk analyses were conducted based on dilution into a 40 m³ room and standard toxicological data. Non-cancer risk analysis revealed "No Significant Risk" of harm to human health for vapor samples from e-liquids (A-D). In contrast, for tobacco smoke most findings markedly exceeded risk limits indicating a condition of "Significant Risk" of harm to human health. With regard to cancer risk analysis, no vapor sample from e-liquids A-D exceeded the risk limit for either children or adults. The tobacco smoke sample approached the risk limits for adult exposure.

CONCLUSIONS: For all byproducts measured, electronic cigarettes produce very small exposures relative to tobacco cigarettes. The study indicates no apparent risk to human health from e-cigarette emissions based on the compounds analyzed'.

Well there you go - you'd probably breathe in more shit whilst stuck in a traffic jam/or waiting for a bus!

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2013, 11:57:46 PM »

you'd probably breathe in more shit whilst stuck in a traffic jam/or waiting for a bus!

Not that one again. It's amazing how the people who care least about what junk they breathe in always quote traffic pollution, as if they give a hoot about what effect it has on them. Just because we have to breathe traffic fumes doesn't mean we have to put up with cigarette smoke or its substitutes.
TexasGrindEm

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »

The only problem with e-cigs is that you are forever puffing at it, you are infact taking in more nicotine (18-24mg) than you ever do with smoking fags! They have been banned in some football stadiums, I assume this is to make the security/steward's job a lot easier. I say let them puff away, it isn't harming us.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 10:46:21 AM »

you'd probably breathe in more shit whilst stuck in a traffic jam/or waiting for a bus!

Not that one again. It's amazing how the people who care least about what junk they breathe in always quote traffic pollution, as if they give a hoot about what effect it has on them. Just because we have to breathe traffic fumes doesn't mean we have to put up with cigarette smoke or its substitutes.

Or maybe    .....

It's amazing how the people who moaned forever about smoking in pubs - until they got a blanket ban - never seem to use them, now they've got their own way.

And with the advent of e-cigs quickly dismiss any research from the Nasal Nuisance Nutter Brigade, if it contradicts the dogma they wish to enforce.

What part of:

'CONCLUSIONS: For all byproducts measured, electronic cigarettes produce very small exposures relative to tobacco cigarettes. The study indicates no apparent risk to human health from e-cigarette emissions based on the compounds analyzed'.

did you not understand?

We all know smoking tobacco is smelly, unhealthy, and dangerous to those nearby that might passively inhale    .....      no problem with that, it shouldn't be allowed.

But, when the study (quoted by your fellow NNNB member) doesn't support your fears that the product will wreak havoc with your respiratory system - how can you demand it be banished?

If you ever got round to study Elf & Stacey implications of the VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) that are present/produced in the environment, people like you would never leave the house (which is full of them anyway!).

Just saying like    ....

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:50:51 AM by luther101 » Logged
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 11:47:59 AM »

i do think its kinda inconsiderate to smoke at the tables and puff this stuff around. if im sat next to a player and hes breathing this stuff in faces and stuff then its rude, simple
plus dusk til dawn have a break every hour ish early on in tourney for toilet breaks,chit chat and smoking so is it really askin much for people not too.
the problem is some players our just rude and dont really give a s*** . from smelling of b.o to stinking of weed a difficult situation

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »

I do agree Yeahman.

If only we could get those non-smokers to wash their 'pits     .....

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2013, 12:32:29 AM »

How offensive. I don't wish to have a discussion with someone who thinks that is an acceptable manner to address someone they don't know.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2013, 02:52:08 PM »

How offensive. I don't wish to have a discussion with someone who thinks that is an acceptable manner to address someone they don't know.

Whatever     ......      you didn't bring much to the debate anyway.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2014, 01:30:42 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28937610

Time for these to come out of card rooms. Hope DTD get rid soon.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2014, 02:04:29 PM »

I like them.  2 of the guys in my office smoke them indoors and it feels like a 1980s trading floor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: