blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Being a Lolpro for dummies.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being a Lolpro for dummies.  (Read 48798 times)
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »

Oiii oiii wakey wakey!

You have at least one brag to put up here so get this thing updated ty 

[ ] I have won anything worth bragging about
[X] Cashed in the Super Roller

---

Unfortunately, last month didn't end too well. A couple of brutal sessions, including one where I lost 9 BI's to a mixture of getting 1 outered and playing crap, wiped out quite a bit of last month's profits, so I ended up with only slightly more money than I had at the start of the month after withdrawing to pay the monthly phone and credit card bills. However, despite a disastrous Thursday tournament grinding session where my biggest "cash" was someone's £3.75 bounty, this month has started much better. I won a few buy-ins at 20NL last night on Sky, before an equally profitable, and unplanned, 'Stars 10c/25c Zoom Omaha session - I was talking to a friend on Skype who was bragging about how much he was crushing. Challenge accepted. Half an hour and 4 buy-ins later he was (relatively) quiet :p I've been playing terribly recently, but today felt like I was playing well again, instead of being on autopilot and expecting to print money.

In the last couple of days, I've also got my first horse. There's a really good low/mid stakes DYM reg on Sky who hasn't been around for a while and has spent what used to be his bankroll on real life stuff. He asked for staking on a private Facebook group that I'm a member of so that he can start playing again. He's got a pretty impressive win rate for these games, I've played a few hundred SNGs against him too and know he's got a really good game, so I snap offered to stake him, 50/50 split after makeup. Too good an opportunity to turn down, really.

Outside of Poker, it's looking very likely that I'll be moving out by the end of the year. It really depends on a few other things at the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to post more info in the next couple of weeks.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »

Thought you had a pretty bink on winmax irrc, saw brag on that said fb group no?

Good luck with horsey should be a good deal IMO hope he does well for you. Also pleased to hear your off auto pilot as its easy to fall into and keep up the play good buddy.

O dear gooner has joined the building...

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2013, 01:44:33 AM »

Thought you had a pretty bink on winmax irrc, saw brag on that said fb group no?

Good luck with horsey should be a good deal IMO hope he does well for you. Also pleased to hear your off auto pilot as its easy to fall into and keep up the play good buddy.

O dear gooner has joined the building...

Didn't realise there was a reply on here Shocked Oops!

Definitely wasn't me - Probably Conor if it's a Losethemax brag. My biggest 'cash' on there so far is some poor guy's €1 bounty.
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2013, 03:15:49 AM »

Over the last few days, I've accidentally switched from grinding cash to playing tournaments.

How does this happen by accident, exactly?

Recently, the 20nl tables on Sky has been rubbish. There's a lot of regs at this level who sit down, play super tight, never adapt to each other, and take money off fish who sit and play any old junk. The problem is there's not many fish right now, because the fish have better things to do at 2pm in on a weekday afternoon in the middle of August than lose money at Poker. I'm not criticising the regs in any way for the way they play, it's their money, and they can play the game how they want. However, this makes the games absolutely no fun at all.

Looking at a table with minimum 3-4 of these players on it, and the same thing on almost every single 20NL table that is running, makes you think "Okay, I can beat this game, I should win a buy in or two if I play for a couple of hours on a dozen tables, but can I really be bothered to sit here playing these people when I can be doing X instead?", and the answer is often "No".

Decided I needed to get out of this habit of not playing just because the game looked incredibly boring, so the plan was to play tournaments to make sessions more exciting and possibly bink a few quid, while also playing the lucrative-but-dull cash tables to keep the bankroll going consistently in the right direction.

The plan worked perfectly, except I forgot about the playing cash part.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:28:33 AM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2013, 07:58:10 AM »

BOOM BOOM!

Good work Andy.

Never forget why we play this game - to enjoy ourselves.

Keep it going now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2013, 12:00:24 PM »

Saw a hand of yours in Skypoker TV, the one Tikay analysed in Master Cash, you with KK in SB against tens in BB. Well done!!! Great diray btw! GL
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »

Saw a hand of yours in Skypoker TV, the one Tikay analysed in Master Cash, you with KK in SB against tens in BB. Well done!!! Great diray btw! GL

Thanks Smiley

Can't remember the hand - I'm really bad at remembering hands online as there's so many of them. I'm on the telly quite a bit though, I often play the TV tables as they're 200bb deep so there's a much bigger edge, and I can get people to make bigger mistakes down the streets. There was once a time where I used to play them to give myself a LAG image, but I got bored of donking off loads of money Wink

BOOM BOOM!

Good work Andy.

Never forget why we play this game - to enjoy ourselves.

Keep it going now.

Very true - No point playing the game if you're not enjoying it.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2014, 03:16:12 PM »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. 

lol

Hey Andy,

Just seen this mate, bring back the diary!

Remember when I first started playing/ watching the show a while ago your name always appeared, who could forget that alias? Always seemed to be crushing:)

Bring back the Pingu Diary
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2014, 04:32:05 PM »

Great shout, defo bring back the diary Andy!
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »

Had to bump to stop this diary falling off the first page.

Getting it back up and running yet andylad?
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2015, 08:31:39 PM »

I am not 100% but I think he has a diary on sky and just updates on there when he plays. Some people just seem to update diaries when they win.... nice to see your diary get a post this week Lambo.
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2015, 08:35:04 PM »

I am not 100% but I think he has a diary on sky and just updates on there when he plays. Some people just seem to update diaries when they win.... nice to see your diary get a post this week Lambo.

Nh wp sir.

Nah, don't fancy reopening it for the time being.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: