blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:51:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  State of the bookmaking industry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the bookmaking industry  (Read 7113 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »

If they can call it a palp, then can I get my money back everytime I offer over the odds on betfair?

They need to grow a pair. Pathetic

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »

This guy was boasting this morning that an associate of his had taken his 365
balance from 4k to 20k at the Punchestown festival. I've long since decided not to try to explain
that he must be a huge loser on the site. Never hear of any losers btw

I know another guy who ONLY bets with 365. Loves them to pieces as I'm sure they love him!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:33:18 PM by peejaytwo » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:22 PM »

coral account no more here after the walsall episode

wish they had palpable error the bet!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »

Ouch. Double rub there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 11:46:37 PM »

Ouch. Double rub there.

Am I missing something here?  Isn't finding a bet like Walsall what the whole game is about and I am saying this from a bookmaking perspective as well as a punting one.  Everytime someone has a bet they bet into a margin in the bookies favour.  That is the price of them giving us a go and to protect them.  It also means that, if we don't know more than them they are getting one over on us.  Normally to the tune of about 8-10%.  Occasionally, like on Saturday, you will get one over on them.  that is what recreational punters dream of.  That one time when they got it right and got one over the auld enemy and had a touch.  in the case of Walsall punters at 6/4 had like a 15% edge on the closing market.  If bookmakers close accounts for that then what have the punters got to dream about?

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »

Ouch. Double rub there.

Am I missing something here?  Isn't finding a bet like Walsall what the whole game is about and I am saying this from a bookmaking perspective as well as a punting one.  Everytime someone has a bet they bet into a margin in the bookies favour.  That is the price of them giving us a go and to protect them.  It also means that, if we don't know more than them they are getting one over on us.  Normally to the tune of about 8-10%.  Occasionally, like on Saturday, you will get one over on them.  that is what recreational punters dream of.  That one time when they got it right and got one over the auld enemy and had a touch.  in the case of Walsall punters at 6/4 had like a 15% edge on the closing market.  If bookmakers close accounts for that then what have the punters got to dream about?
Running good.

Archie Karas please.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
gherkin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 12:27:13 AM »

Do any of the brick and mortar bookies offer odds in the shop that are remotely close to their online price?  Which are the best and worst for this?  I'm referring to sports like football and cricket NOT horse racing.  I've pretty much resorted to Pinnacle/SBO/12Bet in the past few months as I just presumed shop prices wouldn't be of any use.
mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 12:33:52 AM »

shop prices are always poor in comparison, but they do occasionally give money back bets in favour of certain results.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 12:34:17 AM »

Do any of the brick and mortar bookies offer odds in the shop that are remotely close to their online price?  Which are the best and worst for this?  I'm referring to sports like football and cricket NOT horse racing.  I've pretty much resorted to Pinnacle/SBO/12Bet in the past few months as I just presumed shop prices wouldn't be of any use.

They bet to much bigger %s in the shops but do tend to hold the prices a lot longer esp on football.

Lets say their coupon price was 11/10 about a team who was trading 2.22-2.24 at the start of the week.

By 2pm on Saturday the machine price has contacted to 2.04-2.06 the shops will almost definitely still lay the 11/10 as long as it's not for silly stakes.

It would have to move to something like 1.95 before they change the price because they know how much punters hate coupon price changes.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 12:36:48 AM »

Last weekend for example Hills were 7/4 Athletico in the Madrid derby - a price they made before Mourhino announced he would rest a few players.

The Betfair price moved to 2.28 but Hills carried on laying the 7/4 right until kick off (I believe - I got on at 7/4 at about 4pm) to a maximum of £50 per punter.

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »

Snap for my Laddies account.

Ridonkulous
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 08:15:52 AM »

Can't see why accounts would be closed over a bet where the info was in the general domain.

It wasn't like Crewe played their under 12s, in a mid season game that mattered, it was end of season with nothing to play for and the info wasn't as dramatic as first appeared............and Walsall lost FFS.......

Also pretty sure that prices move far more during the season in games without some "info" and accounts don't get closed

I would be asking the companies why my account was closed, cos it all seems very odd to me. I have had accounts closed on me, but never for losing.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 08:32:59 AM »

If bookies are closing accounts after a losing bet, then, well, we are all well and truly fooked.

Worth asking for an explanation IMO.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »

Can't see why accounts would be closed over a bet where the info was in the general domain.

It wasn't like Crewe played their under 12s, in a mid season game that mattered, it was end of season with nothing to play for and the info wasn't as dramatic as first appeared............and Walsall lost FFS.......

Also pretty sure that prices move far more during the season in games without some "info" and accounts don't get closed

I would be asking the companies why my account was closed, cos it all seems very odd to me. I have had accounts closed on me, but never for losing.

the information was not really in the public domain when i backed them and put them on thread

it became public domain shortly afterwards

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »

If bookies are closing accounts after a losing bet, then, well, we are all well and truly fooked.

Worth asking for an explanation IMO.

You are literally 1,000/1 to get an explanation beyond "it's a trading decision sir and no further explanation can be given"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: