blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 05:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272905 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  What do you think when you see this sort of thing in the Online chat box?....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think when you see this sort of thing in the Online chat box?....  (Read 9663 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »

This utterly fascinates me, almost a fixation.

What mental image of the authors does it conjure up in your mind when you see it?

Why would anyone play poker if they made statements like this?

I know we all get a little frustrated at times with the game, but that's part of the whole thing, surely?

If instead of poker, we fished, or played Ten Pin Bowling or whatever as a recreation, would we continue if it got us like this?

I'm not here to diss these folks, it just interests me what others think.

I can't help conjuring up a vision of these people. It is not exactly flattering either, but like the "Sausage" bloke, it helps to understand them if we want to understand it ourselves. I want to, but I can't.

I witnessed all these comments on one table, in one evening. It was a $25 buck Tourney, no big deal, though all things are relative, that is big (clearly too big) for some. (And no, it was not next door).

Names have been removed, because it is not personal, & I won't name the site, but it matters not, it happens on most sites. Needless to say, you never see/hear this stuff in Live Poker.

I know many of you will say (perhaps correctly) "so what?", but Online Poker is not exactly booming, it needs new blood, & plenty of it. I'm quite convinced that this sort of stuff is not exactly a great advertisement for our game.

These all occurred after totally standard plays/beats.

DIE ANIMAL
BURN IN HELL FREAKY LUCKY MORON
FACK OFF FREAK WITH MY CHIPS

fcking nigg..er
motherfcker
dirty polake
what a fcking a sshole

what a gayu moron foker
this is so fokin rigged u ckeck f.a.g

hey foker u know ur an idiot right
hey dumb fok
2 pairs really

mggomnjifdojmgvosfd
what the fucvkso+Q!?!?
CAN U RUN FKIN BETTER?
what a %#&&i had best hand lol hmm
i know ur cheatinc
3 times a row miracle dont happen

well u come from a retarded family so Cheesy
Fwhat can expect
Fand u need that 26d more than me
so u can pay back ur retard family what u play Smiley
&&%%ing retard
nice fkin play
you are the fkin master
hahaahaha what a rungood retarded monkey you are

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »

These are the responses to my tips in TFT yeah?

seriously though I ignore all chat wherever poss and in some situations turn off the chat box and never get involved.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »

And dissing bad play, which we see folkls do every day, even on a fairly sphisticated (as to poker ability) forum such as blonde.

The play was so bad it was unreal

Usually followed by "it was so bad they busted me".

Why would you diss other players when we think they are bad, & we are here to relieve them of their money? Surely we WANT to play inferior players?

Cake & eat it?

I might not get a single reply, & everyone on earth might disagree with me, but I've been meaning to ask this for ages, so I'm happy I have.

Life is full of mysteries, far beyond my understanding.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:28:58 AM »

These are the responses to my tips in TFT yeah?

seriously though I ignore all chat wherever poss and in some situations turn off the chat box and never get involved.

Shush @ TFT.....

Yes, we ALL ignore it, but that was not my point. I'm trying to visualise these people, find out why they would play a game if they take a beat so badly that they make (imo) a complete cock of themselves? If you reacted like that every time you lost, you'd be embarrassed, surely?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »

I got the hope you die of cancer line in one of the ISPT feeders the other day after getting there, it was in a 2 euro comp.

Mind boggles.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:32:16 AM »

I got the hope you die of cancer line in one of the ISPT feeders the other day after getting there, it was in a 2 euro comp.

Mind boggles.

Yea apologies, but your are a lucky son of %&$£!

In all seriousness, some of these look like they were typed with people's feet..

Just turn chat off and txt or skype whoever you actually want to talk to.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »

It is a complete waste of time trying to understand why these people act like this imo, we will never be able to truly understand.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »

Internet contains arseholes. And now the weather.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »

Mind boggles.

Have you ever met anyone in live poker, or just plain real life, say that to you?

Guess it is all a part of the keyboard warrior thing.

Plus, thankfully, none of them have ever, presumably, seen real life tragedies, be it cancer, death, mental illness, at close hand, or to their own family, or themself.

If you are on Twitter, & follow poker players, you see the "Live" version, when they Tweet from a Live Poker Table. "The retarded moron next to me is SO bad".

Meanwhile, sat at the table, he is presumably not saying the same things.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »

Mind boggles.

Yea apologies, but your are a lucky son of %&$£!

In all seriousness, some of these look like they were typed with people's feet..

Just turn chat off and txt or skype whoever you actually want to talk to.

That was not my point though Mr Milli-Nit. I never chat to them anyway, I'm just really interested in the whole subject.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »

these look like they were typed with people's feet..

Strange you should say that....

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 11:38:44 AM »

It is a complete waste of time trying to understand why these people act like this imo, we will never be able to truly understand.

I'd rather like to try though.

Most had some "sport" with Mr Sausage, (diferent subject, but same thing really) but really, it would be rather nice if we could help to understand the problem. We need to understand it before we can (hope to) solve it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

these look like they were typed with people's feet..

Strange you should say that....

!

I have a video about that.

If I were really brave, I would Upload it.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »

There's nowt as queer as folk. Don't understand it at all - i've been in the presence of people who have really lost their rag playing online and it makes me laugh at the absurdity of it tbh. Guess some people are just more highly-strung than others.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »

This utterly fascinates me, almost a fixation.

What mental image of the authors does it conjure up in your mind when you see it?

Why would anyone play poker if they made statements like this?

I know we all get a little frustrated at times with the game, but that's part of the whole thing, surely?

If instead of poker, we fished, or played Ten Pin Bowling or whatever as a recreation, would we continue if it got us like this?

I'm not here to diss these folks, it just interests me what others think.

I can't help conjuring up a vision of these people. It is not exactly flattering either, but like the "Sausage" bloke, it helps to understand them if we want to understand it ourselves. I want to, but I can't.

I witnessed all these comments on one table, in one evening. It was a $25 buck Tourney, no big deal, though all things are relative, that is big (clearly too big) for some. (And no, it was not next door).

Names have been removed, because it is not personal, & I won't name the site, but it matters not, it happens on most sites. Needless to say, you never see/hear this stuff in Live Poker.

I know many of you will say (perhaps correctly) "so what?", but Online Poker is not exactly booming, it needs new blood, & plenty of it. I'm quite convinced that this sort of stuff is not exactly a great advertisement for our game.

These all occurred after totally standard plays/beats.

DIE ANIMAL
BURN IN HELL FREAKY LUCKY MORON
FACK OFF FREAK WITH MY CHIPS

fcking nigg..er
motherfcker
dirty polake
what a fcking a sshole

what a gayu moron foker
this is so fokin rigged u ckeck f.a.g

hey foker u know ur an idiot right
hey dumb fok
2 pairs really

mggomnjifdojmgvosfd
what the fucvkso+Q!?!?
CAN U RUN FKIN BETTER?
what a %#&&i had best hand lol hmm
i know ur cheatinc
3 times a row miracle dont happen

well u come from a retarded family so Cheesy
Fwhat can expect
Fand u need that 26d more than me
so u can pay back ur retard family what u play Smiley
&&%%ing retard
nice fkin play
you are the fkin master
hahaahaha what a rungood retarded monkey you are

The whole thing makes me incredibly sad for everyone. For those dishing it out,  and those on the receiving end.

Terrible tragedies occur when the first group get power over the second.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: