blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:23:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  ISPT Live day 1 hand.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISPT Live day 1 hand.  (Read 3304 times)
GaryM

@PaddyLemon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 02:12:58 PM »

id bet that hed raise turn with axhh i think?

This is the street I have trouble with. Villain has position so he can only call or re-raise the turn. If he's made his flush, why re-raise? He's turning his hand face up.

Maybe, but you are still temped to call both streets? 

Player dependent for me. Against an active player this looks like a semi bluff with a draw, maybe to the nut flush leaving a river pot sized bet for either an air ball bluff or value shove. Against this villain, as described, I fold the turn because I think he has it and effective stack's not deep enough to boat mine.

@PaddyLemon
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 04:08:05 PM »

whats his peeling range on the button?   both out there

so we lose basically to JThh and his suited Ah combos (but he has no need to raise these on turn)

its a call for me

We have shown a tonnn of strength in the hand, for villain trying to get stacks in > slowplaying the nuts
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »

so we lose basically to JThh and his suited Ah combos (but he has no need to raise these on turn)

its a call for me

We have shown a tonnn of strength in the hand, for villain trying to get stacks in > slowplaying the nuts

im not saying he never does it, obv player dependant, but the certainly doesnt do it 100% of the time either

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »

Don't think I'd be over complicating this against a random live player.

He can have loads of hands that we beat including lot's of 2 pairs that he thinks he's shoving for value.

Obviously it's a bit of a sigh call but it's still a pretty quick one for me.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »

its a call for me

This is a live comp with lots of satellite qualifiers. He probably doesn't know that we've shown a tonnn of strength.

All he sees is that someone's just barreled a turn card.

He won't have assigned us a range. He won't care that we're showing strength on what is now a dangerous board.

All he sees is that he's got a set or 2 pair or a flush and that he thinks he's winning.

We beat enough of those hands he might have to flick in a call.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 05:44:55 PM »

just like to say to pleno1, that matt said the GAYEST turn, not the greatest card, just making sure you understand what he was saying before having a go!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 06:53:21 PM »

just like to say to pleno1, that matt said the GAYEST turn, not the greatest card, just making sure you understand what he was saying before having a go!
Its a combination of posting off an iphone all the time and little man syndrome, he sounds a bit snappy but wouldnt hurt a fly.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »

Sorry, is turning a set of kings the greatest or the gayest?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
adiman999

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »

In this situation its the gayest because it was the that popped off

Pseudo Irish guy luckboxing through life Wink
twitter: adiman999
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »

A set of kings is an absolute sausage-fest of a hand.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 12:09:26 PM »

Make a boat next time. Makes things easier Smiley

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »

Make a boat next time. Makes things easier Smiley

Without a doubt the best piece of advice I've ever received.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 06:44:21 AM »

id like to say villain could even be playing 56 guys.

the turn is a great card to bluff raise you with IP, for obv reasons.

very much presume a 'standard' satellite player plays a lot of mid range connectors to a min raise on BTN.

im always folding on the river, always raising more pre

To win at poker is to not have to play
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »

Not quite sure where everyone is here, but I don't agree with much that's been posted. Just because the guy hasn't shown a bluff or a steal doesn't mean he hasn't bluffed or stolen; he could be very clever using his image and picking up great spots. The idea that he's 100% on a flush and we should therefore fold the turn is absurd - to get close to that strength of read we'd need to have played with the guy for a lot more than the 'few hours of experience' we have with him.

I've played with a lot of tight guys that spazz at random every few hours, using their tightness to justify it. 'He had to fold.... I haven't shown a bluff all day!'. Basically we have far too much equity on the turn when he's turning pairs into semibluffs. We would need to play rivers particularly badly, paying off when behind, folding when ahead, and not getting paid when we hit to make the turn a fold.

We should definitely be barrelling the turn as well, sizing is good. Check would be good if we think he's gonna barrel turn and river with worse after floating the flop, but we don't have reason to think so and we still have a good enough hand to get some value when hands with equity are going to call a turn barrel. If he's flatting the flop with a set we need to get value before the river and misrepresent our hand - if the board pairs after we lead the turn, he's going to jam over our river bet with his house whereas if we check turn and he bets small, we may not be able to get all-in on the river.

When he puts that much money in on the river I think we can go ahead and fold.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »

Not quite sure where everyone is here, but I don't agree with much that's been posted. Just because the guy hasn't shown a bluff or a steal doesn't mean he hasn't bluffed or stolen; he could be very clever using his image and picking up great spots. The idea that he's 100% on a flush and we should therefore fold the turn is absurd - to get close to that strength of read we'd need to have played with the guy for a lot more than the 'few hours of experience' we have with him.

I've played with a lot of tight guys that spazz at random every few hours, using their tightness to justify it. 'He had to fold.... I haven't shown a bluff all day!'. Basically we have far too much equity on the turn when he's turning pairs into semibluffs. We would need to play rivers particularly badly, paying off when behind, folding when ahead, and not getting paid when we hit to make the turn a fold.

Agree with all of this, Id call and expect to see a lower set more often than a flush.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: