blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 09:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272774 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP 2013  (Read 187395 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: July 14, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »

How can Stoke-on-Trent or likewise live stream a £15 tournament on a Wednesday evening after raking £200 yet WSOP can't have streams for the main raking millions?

They can, but, rather wiser and more business savvy than whoever it is in Stoke, they sell the rights to ESPN for absolute chunks.

Can't really blame them, either.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 14, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »

How can Stoke-on-Trent or likewise live stream a £15 tournament on a Wednesday evening after raking £200 yet WSOP can't have streams for the main raking millions?

More likely ESPN's influence. They want people to watch the highlight shows, not a live stream.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 14, 2013, 09:00:27 PM »

Think the live stream has detracted from the highlights shows in the past couple of years.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 14, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »

They can, but, rather wiser and more business savvy than whoever it is in Stoke, they sell the rights to ESPN for absolute chunks.

It's better for the players too, what with all the added money ESPN and WSOP add to the prize pool.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 14, 2013, 09:11:23 PM »

Zing!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 14, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »

Some random farmer bloke is chip leader now.

Yevgeny Timosomething.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 14, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »

It's better for the players too, what with all the added money ESPN and WSOP add to the prize pool.

If you see a weasel sleeping........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 14, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »

Oh go on then I'll have a go.

It's probably an invisible camel in disguise?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 14, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »

Oh go on then I'll have a go.

It's probably an invisible camel in disguise?

Piss in its ear.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 14, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »

Timmy  is over 10m!

Gg field

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 14, 2013, 10:11:09 PM »

@JovialGent

Wow. I can't believe this is real life. Running out of my mind after the first level of day 6. Started with 4.1, up to 9.7 now.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 14, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »

Louise Duffy

Wattsy out in 59th, A10 vs AQ all in pre. Hit a flush draw and Gutshot on flop but sadly turn and river bricked!! Amazing result though, what a run!!

My eyes are open wide
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 15, 2013, 01:59:48 AM »

This Philip Long's still in there, every credit. Really tight field in terms of chip distribution, no run away leaders
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 15, 2013, 08:42:30 AM »

Steve Gee going for back to back finals.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 15, 2013, 09:04:22 AM »

Anton Morgenstern Leads Final 27; Jackie Glazier Falls in 31st

That's it for Level 29, and the entire day, as rapid eliminations all day long have caused a stoppage after just four levels. With 27 players remaining, Anton Morgenstern will lead the way heading into Day 7. He bagged up a whopping 21.955 million in chips after getting a nice boost to his stack in the final hand of the night.

Coming into the day, Sami Rustom had the chip lead with over 7 million in his stack. In the third level of the day, all of those chips were gone as Rustom finished in 39th place. He was eliminated at the hands of Philip Long, finishing with a payday $185,694.

The last level of the night saw Jack Amyx fall in 37th place. He was followed to the payout desk by Umang Dattani (36th place), Nicolas Le Floch (35th place), Byron Kaverman (34th place), Aleksejs Ponakovs (33rd place) and Dan Owen (32nd place)

Moving forward, there are plenty of big names still left in the field. First and foremost, you've got the 2001 Main Event champion Carlos Mortensen. Then, last year's ninth-place finisher Steve Gee is also still alive. Outside of those two, notable players Yevgeniy Timoshenko, David Benefield, JC Tran, Amir Lehavot and Rep Porter all still remain, making for plenty of firepower scattered around the final three tables.

Tomorrow, Day 7 will kick off at 12 p.m. Las Vegas time, and this will be the most important day of the summer for these 27 players that remain. You're either making the November Nine or you aren't, and Monday's play will determine all of that

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: