blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:33:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Woolwich shooting
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woolwich shooting  (Read 24656 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »

An eye witness describes exactly what happened.......

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-logo-xit&v=6Ks6uFjXMos

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 08:01:44 AM »

People seem to talk about the death penalty not being applicable because we need to question them.

The two don't need to be mutually exclusive.

In situations like this, where we are 100 per cent sure they did it, why should they be given the luxuries prison presents these days?. Especially for a crime like this. Nice bit of segregation, tv, slippers, 3 meals a day etc.

Maybe, I am equally barbaric for suggesting it, but these guys knew what they were doing, so I can live with that , no problem.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »

Would it matter if they were clinically insane?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2013, 08:24:39 AM »

To me Tal, anyone that commits murder must be insane anyway.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2013, 08:38:22 AM »

To me Tal, anyone that commits murder must be insane anyway.

You somehow managed to find an answer worse than "doesn't matter". Roll Eyes I agree that these weren't the actions of right-thinking people, but to me that makes a death sentence very unappealing. Uncomfortable, actually.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 09:03:40 AM »

You have been equally Roll Eyes, by ignoring the question of how cushy these people will get life in prison......just posing another question instead...

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »

You have been equally Roll Eyes, by ignoring the question of how cushy these people will get life in prison

What does the cushiness or non-cushiness of prison have to do with whether there is a death penalty? You seem to be merging two separate debates into a single argument.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:49 AM »

You have been equally Roll Eyes, by ignoring the question of how cushy these people will get life in prison......just posing another question instead...

Fair enough. I believe what you are saying should be an argument for penal (specifically prison) reform, rather than for capital punishment.

This isn't Abu Qatada or someone with friends in high places. I don't expect to hear in the next few days that these were high up in a terrorist cell. Prison isn't likely to be a deterrent and it isn't likely to rehabilitate in this case, but it will protect society from them, without taking lives and without making martyrs

This isn't a worthwhile debate as I don't know the facts and TBH I am upset we have been told as much as we have.

We need more love in this world.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »

What is this? They should have been shot dead in the streets like the dogs they are. This war on terror is the changing face of combat where troops are no longer neatly lined up on the battlefield out of sight. These guys committed an act of war against our own people in our own streets and as such were legit targets. They hacked a young soldier to death with a meat cleaver outside a primary school ffs. And the comments here are how uncomfortable people feel about the reaction or possible sentence??

If somebody attacked me in my own home I would bat them in the head. I wouldn't stand there in my jim jams telling my wife how the thought of a harsh sentence makes me feel uncomfortable.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2013, 09:52:40 AM »

The main concern should be keeping the public safe, not if they have a TV in their cell. You can hang them, but that achieves very little but satisfy vengeance, which shouldn't be the aim of a civilised society. Most people who commit these acts have no fear of dying, and it probably won't deter others. All debates should be focused on how we stop this from happening in the future.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »

The main concern should be keeping the public safe, not if they have a TV in their cell. You can hang them, but that achieves very little but satisfy vengeance, which shouldn't be the aim of a civilised society. Most people who commit these acts have no fear of dying, and it probably won't deter others. All debates should be focused on how we stop this from happening in the future.

I think its pretty difficult to stop random attacks like this unless something is done from within the muslim community, if indeed that is the source of this which it looks like it is for now.

I'd rather debates were focused on how the Muslim community should be outing extremist filth like this to the authorities. Whilst some of it would not be detected I have no doubt that some would, and they would be doing themselves a favour PR wise with the wider British public if they were seen to be actively doing it.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »

Can someone point me in the direction of the thread for this please?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:50 AM »

Ha, there are thousands of news worthy stories that don't make blonde, or even the news.

I'm surprised at how much coverage this has got on here, considering the stuff that doesn't get mentioned.

This kind of shite happens in cities all over the uk, every week, but because someone done it in the name of Allah, god or Elvis, then it suddenly becomes more important. Ridic.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »

Ha, there are thousands of news worthy stories that don't make blonde, or even the news.

I'm surprised at how much coverage this has got on here, considering the stuff that doesn't get mentioned.

This kind of shite happens in cities all over the uk, every week, but because someone done it in the name of Allah, god or Elvis, then it suddenly becomes more important. Ridic.

i did not start the thread because i considered it more important

i had just listened to the radio interview that was pretty upsetting

how often is somebody beheaded in the uk every week?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

i did not start the thread because i considered it more important

i had just listened to the radio interview that was pretty upsetting

how often is somebody beheaded in the uk every week?

Murdered, butchered, stabbed, shot, beheaded, all the same really. No?

Wasn't saying that's why you started the thread, but saying that the response it gets astonishes me.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: