blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Scoop -31 Low
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scoop -31 Low  (Read 2078 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 12:42:44 AM »

I read this book once about psychology where it said as people when an idea flashes into our head we immediately put absolute faith in it. Like having a 'feeling' a horse is going to win a race and getting convinced it's a truth. Overall in this situation dreenie you haven't played with this guy so don't really know what he's up to and this use of instinct is just latching onto an idea that's flashed into your head. Only some of the time you will be right. You cover half the people at the table but gamble all your eggs on one feeling against a bigger stack in a pre flop call with A-10. You are a good card player so relax and play some poker, build some ranges, change down gears sometime and use your skills. This guy had the heart to jam with J3 here so it's ok for him to win this pot, random villain wins this pot a lot vs A-10 imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:05 AM »

the instinct should also be from the first bet.

For example, button opens and I have KJo in the sb, I may knwo the btn is an absolute loon and i say ok you know what, its 2am on Sunday and my hand is strong and I feel like he will 4bet jam bluff a lot because of the recent dynamic.

So I decide to go with my instinct and make a decision to 3b with the intention of calling all in vs his J3 or whatever he jams.

This logic is fine, but just 3betting and then going with your instinct once he 4b all in makes no sense at all and is just clikcing buttons and punting.

Great answer thanks.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 01:02:32 AM »

I read this book once about psychology where it said as people when an idea flashes into our head we immediately put absolute faith in it. Like having a 'feeling' a horse is going to win a race and getting convinced it's a truth. Overall in this situation dreenie you haven't played with this guy so don't really know what he's up to and this use of instinct is just latching onto an idea that's flashed into your head. Only some of the time you will be right. You cover half the people at the table but gamble all your eggs on one feeling against a bigger stack in a pre flop call with A-10. You are a good card player so relax and play some poker, build some ranges, change down gears sometime and use your skills. This guy had the heart to jam with J3 here so it's ok for him to win this pot, random villain wins this pot a lot vs A-10 imo.

Yep agree, ty.

I obviously think overall it's terrible, hence why posting it, don't see the point of always posting hands that have been played perfect. This way I hope to learn a bit more and try and keep improving as a player. I don't get scared of someone else giving me critiscsim on how I've played a hand, I can debate it sure, but above anything else I want the critiscsim so that I can improve my poker.

Thanks guys.
Bertpup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »

How can you be readless looking at that players OPR? Villain has had a Pokerstars account for 6 years averaging less than 50 MTT a year. Looking at his cashes he seems to only play big buyin MTT's with no particularly deep runs. He is a rec fish who obviously has no real passion or knowledge of the game hence why hes played 300 tournaments lifetime.

You could also have got reads from players location to work out what timezone they were in and if there was a possibility of drunkenness/national stereotyping.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 04:47:56 PM »

i make this move with J3 all the time. it flops freakishly well ^_^

To win at poker is to not have to play
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: