blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:41:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WSOP 3k NLH and 3k PLO8 12.5% SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 3k NLH and 3k PLO8 12.5% SOLD OUT  (Read 6119 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 02:41:45 AM »

Good luck!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 03:02:21 AM »

Just got it in massive.  Gavin smith raised, got one caller.  Had AKT4ss in the big blind vs AT95.  Flop 2 spades + low draw.  Turn paired the 3 no spade, river 9.  Thought I'd chopped.  Didn't.  

Tikay still in for 10%

Was a good plan to play this, never really felt uncomfortable, can't remember many mistakes.  

Edit.  Was all in pre, pot then repot.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:11:15 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 03:06:15 AM »

Bugger.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 03:22:14 AM »

Ul mate, get one at the bar!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »

Unlucky Doobs.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »

Going to just fill in the gaps.

Think I really massacred the start of the 3K NLH.  First orbit of the day, I raised to 125 ATo.  Got a caller on the button.  The flop came T95dd.  I cbet about 225 and the button raised to 800.  This really put me in a spot and think I should really have folded, as further streets out of position with that hand were always going to be difficult.  I think the next card was low and I checked and he bet 2000.  It just felt like a big draw, but even if it was I was still hating it, and sure his value range must cush me so let it go.

A couple of orbits later I raised with QJdd, same fella called again.  The flop came T9x again.  Inexplicably I decided to check this.  He bet and I called.  The turn was an ace, and I checked and he bet again.  I was reasonably sure he couldn't possibly have an ace, so did the dumb thing and check called again.  Then missed the river.

I think we were on level 2 and I raised 88, and the same fella called from the SB.  The flop came KQ and a low card and he checked, so I bet.  Turn was low, check, check.  River was another low card, and he bet and I got stubburn and he flipped TT.

I was feeling properly owned at this stage, with a few other rises and falls I reached the first break without half my chips.

I steadied myself and played a lot better after the break, chipping up to 6K or so.  I thjen had 3 flips in fairly quick succession.  JJ vs AK against a shortie which I lost, QQ vs AK, vs a big stack which I won, and another QQ vs AK I lost.  I think it worked out about level in chips from all 3 of them so no complaints.   

The final hand was as reported earlier.  My nemesis had stopped calling and was now 3 betting me regularly.  I tightened up my range and had decided that next time he did that he was getting it in his eye.  So I raised AQ off 30 BBs, he 3 bet as expected and I slid out 5k from my 6.5k stack.  He insta jams, and I said that isn't good, and threw in my last few chips to see AA.  I think this must be fine vs said opponent, and just felt a cooler.

I think I got a bad table draw, I was thinking we only had 2 poor players at the table, and when I checked pokernews later, one of those turned out to be a pro too.  Everyone at the table barring the rec had headphones on, and the rec had big shades.  Really didn't enjoy much of the experience

Cliffs: 1.0 was probably pitching it too high.

The plo8 was a real contrast.  I enjoyed every table and never once felt out of my depth.  Having late regged the big O the day before and tried to blast the fish out of the water with big draws, with the inevtitable consequences, I decided to just small ball this one.  I had one nasty hand late on day 1, where I had AJ24 double suited and managed to get to the turn with 2 flush draws, two straight draws and the nut low draw.  I think the board was QT3 and another low card, and the spades were the J4 and were back door.  All my outs were clean other than the spade, and the inevitable 9 of spades came.  My opponent then bet this, and if he had a better spade flush I would have been fairly crippled.  I did a fairly severe nit roll and got very close to folding.  Fortunately he had decided to go nuts/triple range merge with QT and we were good.   

I worried about my starting day 2 table, but it was fine and was one of the first to break.  I ended up on Gavin Smith's table.  He came across as an annoying loud mouth from a table close by the day before, but he was really good to share a table with.  The banter was good and the table was relaxed and limpy.

Towards the bubble, he had started raising more than half his hands and I got in one sticky hand with him from the BB when he min raised and it felt a bit nitty to fold.  I had ATT6 with T6 of spades.  The flop came 983, two spades, he bet fairly small and I called.  The turn came a second 3, he bet again and I wasn't particularly happy with that any of my overpair, bad low draw or bad flush draw was good , so did the nit thing and folded.  He then flipped over quad , which was nice of him, and I did a big sigh of relief.

I mentioned the AA34 hand fully whilst playing, so won't do that again.

The other notable hand was the button vs BB hand I mentioned yesterday without the details.  I min raised 7653 (with two spades) from the button at 800/1600.  Villian was competent and played 75/150 limit cash O8 in Vegas (thanks Neil).  He potted it back leaving just 3000 behind.  I think at the time I thought I should fold if trying to cash and shove if trying to win, but having run the numbers I don't think it was that close and definitely did the right thing in shoving.  He showed A2QT and the flop came and ace two spades and the low draw for me.  I missed the lot and left myself with 21k.  Think I was very close to 50% vs this hand or the likes of KKQT having checked later.       

I think the exit hand was good too.  As I said above, Gavin Smith was raising more than half his hands on unopened flops as the bubble got closer, so sure my hand was at worst flipping vs his range, and we had the extra chips in there from an Allyn Shulman call.  So I potted, Gavin Smith repotted, and I was very pleased to see I was about 70%.

Cliffs.
It didn't work out, but I was definitely value at 1.1.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2013, 08:57:23 AM »

Unlucky Doobs. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Allez!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »

Unlucky Doobs. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Same here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: