blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WSOP 3k NLH and 3k PLO8 12.5% SOLD OUT
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 3k NLH and 3k PLO8 12.5% SOLD OUT  (Read 6121 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2013, 03:50:47 PM »

I am going to Vegas for a week at the end of the month to play a handful of poker events.

I have specifically chosen this week because I played the $1.5k PLO8 last year and genuinely didn't think any of the other players at my table had much idea at all of how to play the game.  I will just say those who say the main event is the softest WSOP event clearly don't play PLO8 much.

I played a 2.5k event last year and found myself between Kevin Saul and Chris Moorman, and Vanessa Selbst briefly joined our table.  Though there are clearly some donks in these bigger events, there are also a lot of very good players.   Then again Joseph Cheong sat down next to me in the main, so maybe I just run bad at the WSOP, and all the other tables are where the Frenchmen from 2006 sit.  I am playing the 3k event simply because I have one week and choice is limited in the support events in the WSOP that week.

I am asking for staking in events 44 and 46, which are 3k events over consecutive days.

Here is my Hendon mob

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=90865

and my sharkscope

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics/Advanced-Search//networks/Player%20Group/players/Doobs

The sharkscope doesn't reflect all my online play.  I played  a lot of cash on Betfair for a couple of years after my first child was born.  I beat all levels up to $10/$20 and Omaha, but the $10/$20 was a few thousand hands in sample size and was mainly due to aggro fish hunting).  I don't think I could have beat 10/20 long term.  This was all between 3 and 5 years ago and a lot of it was full ring, so I absolutely don't think I could repeat it now.  I used to play 99% of my games on Betfair, so a lot of the old results never showed up on Sharskcope, but I won the big daily probably 10 times, and the big Sunday game there.  

I haven't played a lot of big Sundays over the years due to work, but have had a go at them the last 12 months or so.  I final tabled the Sunday 500, the bigger $162, the Supersonic and the Sunday Million (AK <AT for half chips in play) in that time.  I have won the Stars 100 rebuy, the Big $109, the $50 rebuy and one of the $200 turbos.  I have also won the big $100 rebuy on Ongame and done well in a few highrollers on other sites.

I normally just play the $100 PLO8 on Stars daily, and have won it a few ties, I also won the $500 one back when it was 9 max, and have won the $200 FL game, and finished 2nd in the big 50 rebuy PLO8 during GSOP.  I have recently run horrid in the $500 6 max games which has battered my PLO stats.  I am absolutely confident that I am going to be +EV in this game and virtually anybody who regularly played that $100 game would be.  

I think my live game results could be summarised as run bad for years then ran good.  I really don't play that much (maybe 4 or 5 Hendon mobable tournaments a year outside WSOP).  I think I have played 8 tournaments at the WSOP and cashed in two (played the main twice, reached day 3 twice, cashed zero).  I got the biggest cash amount when finishing 2nd at GUKPT London.  I spent much of say 2 and 3 two to the right of Marc Wright, so didn't have that easy a ride either.  I have probably improved a little recently, because I am pacing myself better and not forcing the pace as much as I used to do live.

I have done one previous stake which was profitable here.  I have bought numerous stakes here, mostly ones that weren't.

Anyway business.

I am just selling another 12.5% to cut the variance a bit.  I have swapped 12.5% with some of Tikay's action, and am going to sell another five 2.5% shares.

Am selling the $3k NLH at 1:0 and the $3k PLO8 at 1.1.  I don't want to get too much into the debate on current markups, as I have said my bit in the past.  I think I am pricing fairly because the first tournament will be tougher than the average WSOP tourney, and stakers need to be +EV after variance.  

The minimum buy is 2.5%, the max is 2.5%.  I don't want somebody taking it all.

One share is $157.5, or about £100 or so (pls xe.com it).  Can take payment by bank, stars, or cash in Vegas

I will refund with any mark up if I can't play.  I am playing the $1k event outside the stake the day before the $3k NLH and could overlap on day two spades.

Flame away if you must, but probably better to use your time more constructively and just buy.

Edit.  Am playing regardless of any sales.

Cheers

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:21:11 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »

2.5% please.

Ship It!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:21:46 PM »

I'll have a share plz

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:44:50 PM »

I will take a share please
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:51:14 PM »

I'm in too.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »

2.5% please pm bank details please  gl
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »

Sold out.  Cheers fellas. Will pm later

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

Gl Doobie x
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 05:22:27 PM »

Shipped by bank xfer Doobs glgl
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 01:06:14 AM »

First reserve please.

Unless you want to open up a bit?!

Allez!!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 05:43:29 AM »

I can't believe you aren't right with every 100 reg bar 1/2. Pretty gutted I missed this, good luck Doobs! Fun playing this week, I'll be in the plo8 lots for the foreseeable, and I hope we don't do battle too much. Pretty gutted to not get a piece. Stick me on the last reserves please sir.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 09:03:20 AM »

I will open up  1.25% each if you want it.  I won't sell anymore, but need to repeat the Ed rungood from London. Will send details later.

Doobs

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »

I will open up  1.25% each if you want it.  I won't sell anymore, but need to repeat the Ed rungood from London. Will send details later.

Doobs

Marvellous. Ask and ye shall receive!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »

Bugger!

Reserve list please should anyone drop out.

GL Doobs.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »

Bugger!

Reserve list please should anyone drop out.

GL Doobs.

For the sake of transparency......

I have sold 2.5% of my original 12.5% to Karabiner, at the same cost I paid for it.

I sought the approval of Doobs before I did so. I don't intend to sell any more of it though, as I think it is a great value package.

So, Karabiner can now join the Funk for Doobs Team in Vegas. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: