blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:49:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Markups
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Markups  (Read 22432 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2013, 06:45:02 PM »

What do people think of this:

Blonde has 10 people that see staking applications first. These would be well respected blondes that know a lot about staking. Off the top of my head I would suggest: Keys, Rupert, Camel, Simon Galloway (captain!), Flushy, Trigg, MC, Dubai, AndrewT and LilDave.

Before a staking request can be put up, it should be sent to these guys in a pm. They must agree to not discuss it amongst each other and they send back what they think a fair rate would be to someone like Tighty. The average of the first 5 responses back is the rate that their staking package can go up at.

Like it or lump it.

Doubt people would sell on here if this happened.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »

Blonde has 10 people that see staking applications first. These would be well respected blondes that know a lot about staking. Off the top of my head I would suggest: Keys, Rupert, Camel, Simon Galloway (captain!), Flushy, Trigg, MC, Dubai, AndrewT and LilDave.

Before a staking request can be put up, it should be sent to these guys in a pm. They must agree to not discuss it amongst each other and they send back what they think a fair rate would be to someone like Tighty. The average of the first 5 responses back is the rate that their staking package can go up at.

Like it or lump it.

I like it but not as a beauracratic measure and a process. I think it's a sensible idea to get someone else to look a proposal - I actually got Keys to look at mine this time for Vegas and asked Dubais advice first time I ever put a thread up.

Not sure how it works as a "you must" - I'd rather people just talk and seek input

Shaun, don't be silly, we are not communists.

Greeky's idea must be the nut tez idea I've seen for a while

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »

What we need more of is direct feedback on peoples staking request threads but we all pussyfoot around.

There's a couple at the mo where I want to say:

'You barely post, you have no record, you're taking the piss at more than spot' ... but I'm too polite

sola virtus nobilitat
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »

Like it or lump it.

Dont see how it can ever be completely fair tho imo. How can the people you listed (or anyone for that matter) know what rate is "fair" unless they have played extensively with the person putting up the proposal and also have played the schedule / tourny the person is selling for. I understand this is why you said use the average rate but this can also be distorted based on who pm's  back quickest. Also (something that is pretty important and something that makes your idea completely impractical) everyone has "favourites" (even mods) and people they like more than others so i dont see how ANYONE could give a completely unbiased view of a staking proposal.
Also what happens if a mod, or a person listed above tries to put up a package?

For example; player A wants to sell 50% for a $1050 comp in january which is part of a deepstack series at venetian. The player has say 500 posts, is semi well known to some on blonde and is a winning player online, but has no live results (due to lack of volume or whatever). His proposal has him selling at 1.25, and his main selling point is that vegas is soft and he is a winning player online. Player A isnt actually known to 4 members of the 10 you listed and them 4 happen to message back first saying 1.1 is a fair price.
Yet player B who has been on a massive losing run online, maybe stretching over 18 months (maybe variance, lack of volume, games caught up with his/her level of ability), wants to sell for the same torny at 1.25, yet because he is good friends with maybe 5 of the 10 listed and at least knows 4 of the other 5, his 1.25 is agreed upon.

Like some have said, it is just sometimes the case that selling at 1.3+ is a fair price and still means the buyer IS getting value. It will also be the case that somebody selling at 1.1 may indeed not be a good buy in the particular torny they are selling for BUT because there popular on blonde / have alot of friends on the site they will instantly sell out for a £300 comp at DTD.

I have sold action on blonde before (many times) and bought action on blonde (small amount of times) and however simple it may sound, if people wasnt happy with what i was proposing, they can obviously just click off the page, the same as if i saw a really bad value package / proposal, i wouldnt buy.
The problem with mod's choosing wich packages are ok and which arent, is that its going to be so hard for people to be completely unbiased on a site such as blonde when there is obviously a community feel to it.
The people talking about buying and selling as "favors" because people are "under it" or need a break is obviously fine and a good aspect of blonde, but on the same hand it shouldnt mean that people who are selling packages with a mark up arent value or are indeed doing something wrong.
This thread is good because there is NO right or wrong answer and just about every post has had some merit.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »

What we need more of is direct feedback on peoples staking request threads but we all pussyfoot around.

'You barely post, you have no record, you're taking the piss at more than spot' ... but I'm too polite

Let's set up a panel who can decide who needs direct feedback and who doesn't.

Off the top of my head:

Greekstein, nirvana, Aaron, Mantis (c), herbie

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »

grow a pair and do it then

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »

Off the top of my head:

What does the (c) stand for George? Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »

Off the top of my head:

haha ok not my best idea ever

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »

grow a pair and do it then

lol, no

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »

Like it or lump it.

Let people hang themselves, IMO
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »

sorry to drag this up again but it’s been on mind a lot lately.

a good friend of mine buys 10% of my tournament action...i view it as insurance to help flatten out the variance a little.

as he was a friend we started on spot & about 6 months ago, on his suggestion, we agreed to up it to 1.1; i sold a further 10% at 1.1 for my vegas trip to tony, someone who's always been there if i needed to sell a piece or two.

for the record, behind all the smoke & mirrors & despite what my hendon mob might say i’m far from rolling in it & the point i want to make is that i am & always have been very grateful that folk are happy to have a share of me; yes it would be lovely to get another 0.2% on top & in my pocket but i just think i’d be taking the piss & abusing our friendship.

yes i’m an old fart now but it wasn’t so long ago that there was no such thing as mark-up, you were just happy that someone had faith enough in your game to give you a £100 towards a £1000 comp for 10%...you’re the one who gets to play, gets the experience, gets the opportunity to make a name for yourself; to me, of late, it just seems that folk forget this.

it just seems that players want too much too soon these days...if you ain't rolled adequately maybe you shouldn't be expecting to play such big events; i guarantee they'll still be there next year.

ps, i realise i’ve been incredibly fortunate over my career with sponsorship dollars so fair enough if you think i should gtfo
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »

I think that's an excellent perspective & nice to hear

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2013, 09:36:52 PM »

Gtfo Julian. You are old news. Ever heard of nick hicks? He's the only one we love now.

x

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »

Gtfo Julian. You are old news. Ever heard of nick hicks? He's the only one we love now.

x

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »

x

+1

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: