blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 117292 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »

Lot of hysteria ITT. Let those with deeper pockets boost the prize pool, I reckon less than 5 people will have merged stacks on Day 2.

Are there plans for any feeders online to the day ones?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »

Lot of hysteria ITT. Let those with deeper pockets boost the prize pool, I reckon less than 5 people will have merged stacks on Day 2.

Yes, full online feeder and sat program from next sunday, earlier if nick can arrange with ipoker

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »

I'll take five and over Simon for a friendly £20.

Since 10% of the first online day one will have been paid out with their £300 min-cash they will effectively be freerolling subsequent days one therefore by the third online day one it is not inconceivable that 25% of the field will already have stacks, unless I'm figuring this wrong of course.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »

If so few people do it/will do it - why create the possibility of an uneven playing field to cater for so few people. I don't really understand that conceptually

It will mean that no player who wants to re-enter, chooses to dump his short stack intentionally - live or online.

I don't agree with your statement that we are creating an uneven playing field, this is not a re-buy event where you can just buy more chips for cash, you have to finish in the top 10% of a day one before you can even consider playing another day one to merge your stack, anyone that has the ability to take advantage of merging stacks on a regular basis must be one hell of a player, and if they are just lucky, will probably get found out on Day 2, with a 40 minute clock, 50 bb's average and the WSOP structure. Maybe one of the online math's guys can work out what the advantage is to a player with deeper pockets in this format? Let's assume a player gets through all 4 x day ones, i think this is a 0.01% chance, the player still only gets a 300 min cash and has invested 460 in a 0.01% shot, playing another day 1 is most probably an option for a player that ends up short and can justify another day one to increase their stack, and who is travelling a long distance to the club. as previously said, its an easy change if players don't like it and no halm will have been done

Thanks for taking time to explain and I do understand your points. The explanation, I think, demonstrates my basic point though, you are catering for a tiny number and even if it's fractional - it is an uneven playing field.

I didn't like re-entries from a conceptual perspective at first but I came round to that as a good idea. fwiw, I like the 10% thing less as it kinda makes day 1s satellites rather than the continuum that is normal tournament poker

One possible positive I think is that it's likely to drive more and more online traffic for these kinds of events

Suck it and see I guess

sola virtus nobilitat
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »

Since 10% of the first online day one will have been paid out with their £300 min-cash they will effectively be freerolling subsequent days one therefore by the third online day one it is not inconceivable that 25% of the field will already have stacks, unless I'm figuring this wrong of course.

Booked Ralph. Even money yes Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:41 PM »

forgive me if my maths is wrong. assume 300 entries from mon, tue and friday, that's 30 players through to Day 2. If those 30 players ALL decided to travel up to Nottingham on saturday (not going to happen - remember 80% of our players live 60 miles away) to play day sat 1d, assume saturday day 1d's is a 200 runner field, add these 30 players the total day 1d field of now 230, 23 players make it to day 2 from day 1d, on average 3 of the 30 day 2 players will be merging stacks (plus any from day 1b and day 1c, which obviously will be less)?

looks like 5 players is about the betting line then, oh, Ralph - you meant the other Simon! LOL , had my calculator out for £20!

here is a comment on my facebook, that kind of sums up what we are trying to do here

55 minutes ago · Like

Mark Cullumbine I think the format is great its an exciting twist having the potential to add to your day 2 stack if you have made it thru short. The guarantee is massive for a £100 comp and I like the online day1's on mon & tue. Also knowing you are already in the money if you have to travel to the club for day 2 is a bonus. Well done Rob and Simon always trying new things and trying to improve!! I will spread the word!
54 minutes ago via mobile · Like
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:14:08 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »

Hi Simon,

Can you give us a quick snapshot off the feeders for this.

Thanks.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »

Hi Simon,

Thanks.

Nicola is away on holiday so I am speaking to IT tomorrow to get them set up, on web site etc. At the latest they will start sunday 16th

Every night - £3 FO feeders into £15 FO Sat to win a £100+£15 Day 1 token, 8.30pm and 9.30pm

Will also probably add a last chance 7pm £5 RB last chance sat on Mon and Tue before the Online Day 1's and also maybe a 7.45pm £15 hyper-turbo

So plenty of chances to qualify cheap, if players want, we could do £1 RB feeders to make it even cheaper but the £3 FO feeders play better
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:20:28 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »

Hi Simon,

Thanks.

Nicola is away on holiday so I am speaking to IT tomorrow to get them set up, on web site etc. At the latest they will start sunday 16th

Every night - £3 FO feeders into £15 FO Sat to win a £100+£15 Day 1 token, 8.30pm and 9.30pm

Will also probably add a last chance 7pm £5 RB last chance sat on Mon and Tue before the Online Day 1's and also maybe a 7.45pm £15 hyper-turbo

So plenty of chances to qualify cheap, if players want, we could do £1 RB feeders to make it even cheaper but the £3 FO feeders play better

Thanks.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »

I like it. The effect of boosting the prize pool by well rolled players will far exceed any competitive advantage they gain, simply due to the mathematical odds of them finishing in the top 10% more than once being so slim. If anything, it plays on the ego of players who overestimate their advantage over the rest of the field! Trial it and see what happens i say
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

I dont understand people disliking the 10% rule.

The only thing that worries me is there could be an issue...Player 1 plays online and lives alone in Scotland. He plays the Tuesday Day 1b and qualifies. DTD pay £300 into his account. He can't cash out the £300 in time to pay for his travel and can't get there as he doesnt have any cash and his cashout hasnt arrived in time.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »

The only thing that worries me is there could be an issue...Player 1 plays online and lives alone in Scotland. He plays the Tuesday Day 1b and qualifies. DTD pay £300 into his account. He can't cash out the £300 in time to pay for his travel and can't get there as he doesnt have any cash and his cashout hasnt arrived in time.

Player 1 should have thought about that before he played on Tuesday.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2013, 03:30:05 PM »

You can play Online Monday and or Tuesday and travel up from London on Sunday knowing you are guaranteed £300

So you save the hotel expenses of hotels on Fri/Sat and your net profit is higher.....with the min cash 3x a single £100 buy in anyway

like this!
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »

The idea is pretty damn good in all regards, 10% meaning day 2 is a cash makes traveling so easy. This idea of merging stacks is great for those who do qualify short (which is the intention lets not forget)...this argument about it being an un-even playing field is just crazy, at the end of the day people pissed when it came to re-buy's...then re-entry's...then reloads! people dislike change regardless and the argument for this just doesn't stand up...so few people are going to actually be able to pull it off (i reckon about 5 mergers, one will have merged 3 times, but thats a guess)...you're moaning because someone with bigger pockets and (clearly) more skill has managed to pull two day ones...hate to break it to you but think of it this way:-

1. If more people try this with the idea of coming back with a monster stack and fail...you wont bat an eyelid at the extra £100/£200/£300 they just added to the prizepool (moan until it benefits you type job)
2. If they were lucky to do it, you wont mind because he is going to become a chip dump machine and if you have more skill his luck WILL run out and you will gain those chips, bringing you back to point 1 (unless jamie gold turns up)
3. If they were good enough to navigate two or more day one's...sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it was NEVER a level playing field anyway because they are likely better than you!

I do understand the argument about "im not that rolled, i dont have 3/4 bullets in the bag" because im in that situation myself...but think of it this way. You couldn't afford the re-entry...moaned but then carried on playing. You couldn't afford the reload which effectively doubled the buyin...moaned but then carried on playing. If you are still reading this you clearly carried on playing through two changes that were FAR BIGGER impacts than this will be...and if you didnt carry on playing then you either aren't reading this OR are just pissing for pissing's sake.

The idea is good, it will boost prizepools, it gives an incentive to get more than the "9 big blinds you got stuck with", poker was never a level playing field anyway, you've been through worse changes with regards to bankroll and skill differentials...and at the end of the day two months down the line if they changed ALL the deepstacks to this format you would suck it up anyway...quit moaning, it's far smaller an impact than you think, and will likely just boost a prizepool you're interest in winning...so yeah.

(as a note, the ONLY gripe i have is paying the min cash into peoples online accounts, just pay them on the day...otherwise adam's point of "it wont clear in time" could pose an issue)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:37:03 PM by Ice Shade » Logged

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 03:34:29 PM »

Player 1 should have thought about that before he played on Tuesday.

Player 1 therefore won't play ldo.

What my point is - is there a way DTD can arrange for payouts to hit people's BANK accounts before the Saturday (banking days obv) so that they can travel if they are indeed skinto? That's what worries me about people not wanting to play because of the costs of travel...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: