blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 116656 times)
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 11:10:15 AM »

I like it.

Will online qualifiers get paid on the night ?

Can use a  1a cash to play 1b that way.

LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »

^. What rob said very unlikely for stack merging to happen anyway so whoever tries is most likely adding to the prize pool without adding to their stack

I'd love a one day 100-300 with big guaranteed prize pool like George said one of the weekends, monthly £50k turbo or similar
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »

Why cant we have fixed day 1 levels instead of 10%field going through?
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 11:28:50 AM »

Because this way all day 2 players have cashed.

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »

So

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »

So

A button on your head Cheesy

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »

I agree that not many people will use the merging idea.

I think it's only those who've made day two with a bowl that might try. It's really not going to make a difference, except to peoples perception of the event, which I guess is pretty crucial, so perhaps need to ram that home. Perhaps give people reasons why it's bad use of that £100 second bullet when you already have 200k in the bag for day 2, because any extra chips you accumulate aren't worth nearly as much as the first lot.

I'm a bit of a deepstack mincash pro so I like the 3x buyin mincash change.

One thing I don't understand - and this seems to be the main reason behind the merging concept - why people were complaining that people with short stacks were trying to dump them off near the end of day 1??

Changing the dynamics of the last level my arse! People playing badly and shoving any two is a GOOD THING! Yes it's not great when their 72 hits against your AK blah blah blah, but it's presenting you will many more profitable situations than before, why do people want to remove that?!

Definitely like the idea of 10% of field going through, like the ISPT, that was a really fun bubble!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:58:02 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 11:59:48 AM »

So

It's great news for someone like you Adrian

You can play Online Monday and or Tuesday and travel up from Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire on Sunday knowing you are guaranteed £300

So you save the hotel expenses of hotels on Fri/Sat and your net profit is higher.....with the min cash 3x a single £100 buy in anyway

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

I like it.

Yes

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2013, 12:02:53 PM »

^. What rob said very unlikely for stack merging to happen anyway so whoever tries is most likely adding to the prize pool without adding to their stack

this

There were people who had 7-8 day one ISPT bullets and didn't make Wembley

Assuming no particular edge you are a 10% shot to make it through 1a. If you do that and have another go you are 10% shot to get a stack to take through from 1b

For the vast majority of players attempting to stack merge they are building the prize pool for the guys wanting to hit Sunday on a single bullet.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:17:19 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 12:10:46 PM »

I can see the attraction - this will get the £300 crowd to play all the days.

For people like me though, who might have 1 or 2 shots, the merging of stacks really puts me off. I'm at a massive disadvantage because I cant buy in 4 times, even if its unlikely that I would make the last 10% 4 times in a row.

Be interesting to see exactly how many people play all 4 days and how many of those merge stacks though...

I expect almost nobody, but we can look at this information and publish it on here. For a Grand Prix when we have 6 Day one's with a huge return for your money for £50, the average entries is always about 1.4, you will be surprised at how many players only take 1 bullet. Nicola tells me that we have never had a single person forfeit a stack either, we are finding players talk a lot about playing mutliple days but if effect, the benefit of mutliple day ones is that you hit more unique players.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:12:53 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 12:12:42 PM »

I like it.

Yes

So presumably this means that if you manage to qualify three stacks (unlikely I know) you will get paid three min-cashes before the stacks are merged.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »

I like it.

Yes

So presumably this means that if you manage to qualify three stacks (unlikely I know) you will get paid three min-cashes before the stacks are merged.

No, 1 min cash per person Ralph, although you could argue that a player finishes in the top 10% in 3 out of 4 day ones deserves a medal!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:19:19 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »

If so few people do it/will do it - why create the possibility of an uneven playing field to cater for so few people. I don't really understand that conceptually

sola virtus nobilitat
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »

If so few people do it/will do it - why create the possibility of an uneven playing field to cater for so few people. I don't really understand that conceptually

It will mean that no player who wants to re-enter, chooses to dump his short stack intentionally - live or online.

I don't agree with your statement that we are creating an uneven playing field, this is not a re-buy event where you can just buy more chips for cash, you have to finish in the top 10% of a day one before you can even consider playing another day one to merge your stack, anyone that has the ability to take advantage of merging stacks on a regular basis must be one hell of a player, and if they are just lucky, will probably get found out on Day 2, with a 40 minute clock, 50 bb's average and the WSOP structure. Maybe one of the online math's guys can work out what the advantage is to a player with deeper pockets in this format? Let's assume a player gets through all 4 x day ones, i think this is a 0.01% chance, the player still only gets a 300 min cash and has invested 460, playing another day 1 is most probably an option for a travelling player that ends up short and can justify another day one to increase their stack, as previously said, its an easy change if players don't like it and no halm will have been done
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:52:45 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: