blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:21:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272777 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 118573 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2013, 10:27:29 AM »

Last nights chip counts from the qualifiers were

There were 114 entries over the four Online Day Ones, and 11 through to Sunday's Day Two

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »

Cant play this weekend! Sigh.
Good luck to all and Tighty to! Smiley

+1

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »

Was last weekend's live update a one-off for these or will there be others?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »

Was last weekend's live update a one-off for these or will there be others?

I wanted to do one for the first one last week. Will do another one + in July,maybe the middle of the month, and then see what DTD have planned for August/early September ahead of doing the Grand Prix in mid Spetmebr

My eyes are open wide
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2013, 02:33:19 PM »

really hate the idea of top 10% make day two, but going to try grind out a seat tonight, hope to see you all sunday

You don't have to play if you really hate it - honest. I'm just sorry that I have put you through this awful poker experience.  Cheers Simon

On this note will there be any weeks where X amount of levels are played instead of 10% of the field going through?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »

really hate the idea of top 10% make day two, but going to try grind out a seat tonight, hope to see you all sunday

You don't have to play if you really hate it - honest. I'm just sorry that I have put you through this awful poker experience.  Cheers Simon

On this note will there be any weeks where X amount of levels are played instead of 10% of the field going through?

Not as the tournament is constituted

I'm interested as to why it is seen as a problem?

The field plays down to 10% and everyone who makes it to Sunday is guaranteed at least a min cash, and therefore to cover the expenses of getting to DTD on the Sunday

As opposed to playing 13+ levels, 13-15% getting through and the bottom end of the field receiving nothing on the Sunday

Would have thought it was absolutely perfect for recreational players with one eye on their expenses,and I think this was the universal feedback of those who played last week and made it to Day 2

My eyes are open wide
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »

It's just not a traditional poker comp tighty. Blinds get rolled back and it adds a different dynamic. Wouldn't say I hate it but do just prefer straight day 2 format

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »

It's just not a traditional poker comp tighty. Blinds get rolled back and it adds a different dynamic. Wouldn't say I hate it but do just prefer straight day 2 format

As you saw from the updates last week those that made day 2 were in a tournament resuming at 50x bb average and a 40 minute clock. This played steadier/deeper than day 2 of a deepstack and when I looked at the composition of the last few tables, I thought there was a premium on "skilled" players

This would suit someone like you George.

My eyes are open wide
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2013, 03:10:32 PM »

+1

As above no major problem with it just like the more traditional format! The online legs cut down on the amount of expenses so really wouldn't mind driving 50 minutes to play whether I was guaranteed a cash or not.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »

+1

As above no major problem with it just like the more traditional format! The online legs cut down on the amount of expenses so really wouldn't mind driving 50 minutes to play whether I was guaranteed a cash or not.

Hi Guys

Always interested in hearing your views, it is impossible to create a perfect event thats suits 100% but i think we're pretty close with this as it is targeted at the mass recreational market. The blinds on Day 1's are finishing at between 2500 5000 and 6000 12000 so the blinds are not being rolled back much. If you get through with a short stack and have the option to merge without losing your min cash i think having your BB av increased makes it a better experience for those that travel for Day 2 and even if it isn't a traditional format isn't it time to create an event that ticks all the boxes even if one or two elements are different, surely the better players are looking for the best roi and want to play against qualifiers for a big guarantee where they can use their skillsets to adapt.

Cheers

ACES
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:43:54 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »

Hi All

To help reduce the queues we had last week the doors open at 4pm tomorrow for the 5pm start and then next Friday will be 6pm for the 7pm start

After the online Day 1's this week we need 386 to hit the £50,000 guarantee, last week we got 494 so will be happy with 400+

Any event is hard to run during summer but especially with the WSOP on but if everyone supports us i would like to build this so please help us spread the word.

Cheers

ACES

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »

ok  it was a little harsh saying i hated it, but like a traditional poker comp even if i have to drive 80 or so miles
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »

Hi, how late can you use the token you win online to entry on the Saturday?

Carpe Diem
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2013, 06:10:51 PM »

As you saw from the updates last week those that made day 2 were in a tournament resuming at 50x bb average and a 40 minute clock. This played steadier/deeper than day 2 of a deepstack and when I looked at the composition of the last few tables, I thought there was a premium on "skilled" players

I understand that Tighty but whether we're 50 bigs deep or 20 the better players will adjust anyway and not moan about it being a shoot.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »

I understand that Tighty but whether we're 50 bigs deep or 20 the better players will adjust anyway and not moan about it being a shoot.

It is absolutely not a shoot. Not DTD's fault if people moan about it being a shoot either!

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: